• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor - Exterior Colors combined with Interior Accents & My OCD

TDPD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4runner - '24 RR on order
My current order is for the Shelter Green RR.

I do have some concerns about the color and how it will appear in person. But, for the most part I think it looks good whether it appears more metallic green or metallic brown. I'm just not wanting it to be too much in the flat army green spectrum as some of Ford's renders made it seem like.

But even then, I'm getting hung up on the potential clash of the exterior color with the heavy orange interior accents. It seems like the orange interior trim may be best suited for some of the exterior color choices over others. Like orange (not in US), black, white, silver, and even some of the grays might work best.

I'm considering a change of my exterior color choice but I had also wanted to choose a color that was different.

Anyone else having a bit of an OCD issue with the interior orange trim and how it jives with the exterior color choices?

First world problems, I know.

Here's a random white RR pulled form Youtube:

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor - Exterior Colors combined with Interior Accents & My OCD 1693085579404
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I ordered Oxford White because of the interior.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I get it. Because there are absolutely colors that don’t work with the orange accents I think. I wouldn’t consider Azure Gray for a Raptor for example because it just doesn’t work to me, though on a Lariat that’s the color I’d choose (if only Shelter Green wasn’t a Raptor specific color…). But Shelter Green, which is my favorite? I Think looks awesome with the orange! Mostly perhaps because I see more brown than green in it, & to me brown/orange is a perfect color combo.

OP
OP
TDPD

TDPD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4runner - '24 RR on order
…Mostly perhaps because I see more brown than green in it, & to me brown/orange is a perfect color combo.
That’s a good point. Browns do go well with oranges typically.

I would love to be able to see the color options in person. It might allay any concerns. But then, where’s the excitement in that? 😄

Reactions: MJE

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The only combo I couldn’t stand would be HPR. You’d have a reddish-orange centering strip on your steering wheel looking out over an orangish-red painted hood. It’d look like Ford did a bad job matching colors.

Personally, I couldn’t do Velocity Blue either. But that’s because orange and blue represents a certain college team in Gainesville that I can’t stand.

Everything else goes well I think.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
The only combo I couldn’t stand would be HPR. You’d have a reddish-orange centering strip on your steering wheel looking out over an orangish-red painted hood. It’d look like Ford did a bad job matching colors.

Personally, I couldn’t do Velocity Blue either. But that’s because orange and blue represents a certain college team in Gainesville that I can’t stand.

Everything else goes well I think.
That’s why orange and blue makes the perfect combination. GO GATORS!

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
See you on September 16!
You’ll get us on that one for sure. I don’t expect our football team to do anything this year, but thankfully UF is good at a lot of sports :)

And also Go Bolts! in case you’re a Predator fan lol. They typically have a few blue F150s posted up next to the Amalie arena entrance for marketing, so I’ll be interested to see if a velocity blue Ranger joins them this fall.

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
My current order is for the Shelter Green RR.

I do have some concerns about the color and how it will appear in person. But, for the most part I think it looks good whether it appears more metallic green or metallic brown. I'm just not wanting it to be too much in the flat army green spectrum as some of Ford's renders made it seem like.

But even then, I'm getting hung up on the potential clash of the exterior color with the heavy orange interior accents. It seems like the orange interior trim may be best suited for some of the exterior color choices over others. Like orange (not in US), black, white, silver, and even some of the grays might work best.

I'm considering a change of my exterior color choice but I had also wanted to choose a color that was different.

Anyone else having a bit of an OCD issue with the interior orange trim and how it jives with the exterior color choices?

First world problems, I know.

Here's a random white RR pulled form Youtube:

1693085579404.png
Makes perfect sense. I prefer the Lariat interior as well. I ordered my Raptor in Cactus Gray so it wouldn’t clash with the orange accents. Too bad they didn’t offer the orange exterior in the U.S.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Went with Iconic Silver for the reason of interior and exterior contrast. Would love Rapid Red if they made it but the clash with the orange would bug me. The blue with the orange had me thinking Denver Bronco's.... So Iconic Silver it is. Also couldn't do white do to the work truck look.

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor - Exterior Colors combined with Interior Accents & My OCD IMG_7109.JPEG

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor - Exterior Colors combined with Interior Accents & My OCD IMG_7117.JPEG

mykrrrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor - UN white
Occupation
Analyst
I ordered an Oxford white Raptor. IMO, it has an understated presence with the stance and the black trim. Goes well with the orange interior accents. The white hides scratches a bit better and looks just a bit "cleaner" in the winter.
Sponsored