• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The Ranger Raptor launch has been confirmed!

The Global reveal will take place on February 22nd, at 1800 Australian Eastern Daylight Time, 0800 Central European Time and 0300 US Eastern Standard Time. Teaser images have been posted to global Ford media pages, and Ford Performance is also showing it on their socials. Additionally a teaser video showing a prototype undergoing 'testing' in the Australian Outback has been posted to YouTube.

To recap the rumour mill, the Ranger Raptor is expected to launch with a similar powertrain to the recently revealed Bronco Raptor, being the 3.0 'Nano' EcoBoost twin turbo engine mated to the 10 speed transmission. The suspension is expected to follow a similar pattern to the current ROTW Ranger Raptor, with the rumoured addition of Fox Live Valve shocks. Ranger Raptor is also expected to launch into the Global Market initially, with Ford USA continuing to be non-committal on the model's release into North America.

Stay tuned for more info as it comes to hand, CarExpert.com.au have a nice recap of the current info, see:
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2023-ford-ranger-raptor-to-be-revealed-on-february-22-2022

LIVE STREAM THE REVEAL HERE WITH FORD AUSTRALIA:

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Reveal Confirmed (For ROW) -- February 22! 2022-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-teaser-1

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Reveal Confirmed (For ROW) -- February 22! Ranger_Raptor_teaser_camouflage

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Reveal Confirmed (For ROW) -- February 22! Ranger_Raptor_teaser_front

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Reveal Confirmed (For ROW) -- February 22! Ranger_Raptor_teaser_rear

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Reveal Confirmed (For ROW) -- February 22! Ranger_Raptor_teaser_jum

Last edited:

Ranger4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota Hilux 4x4 2015 4Runner TRD PRO
Anyone know the history of Ford or even another brand does a global reveal and how long it takes them to admit the same/similar vehicle will be coming to the US and how long it takes to actually start building them?

OP
OP
bill_AUS

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Anyone know the history of Ford or even another brand does a global reveal and how long it takes them to admit the same/similar vehicle will be coming to the US and how long it takes to actually start building them?
There really is no history that is relevant, at the moment Ford haven't even confirmed that the next gen Ranger will make its way to the US, let alone the Raptor. From the rumours that are circulating, the US will see the new Ranger sometime in 2023, and if the Raptor does go to the US then it'll be soon afterwards is my guess.

For Reference, Australia looks to be getting new Ranger into dealers for deliveries to start in the middle of this year, and the Raptor will be later this year. Can't wait to actually drive the thing!!

Last edited:

Beav1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '18 F150, '14 Focus, '13 Escape
True - No official debut of a next gen 2023 Ranger here in NA as of yet. It has been widely known through a variety of sources Ford does plan to start production of the g6 2023 Ranger at MAP sometime in the late spring of 2023. Same plant that produces the current Ranger and the Bronco. I haven’t heard any rumors Ford plans on pulling the plug on the Ranger here.

The Ranger Raptor is bit more of a wild card here in NA. The fact it’s even being discussed and in the news here is encouraging. Back in 2019 it was pretty much a no from the beginning.

Sponsored

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Wonder what shocks theyre throwing on this, pic of the ranger on top and the bronco on bottom.
At least from this angle they look different from the bronco raptor.
Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Reveal Confirmed (For ROW) -- February 22! 1644611342643
Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor Reveal Confirmed (For ROW) -- February 22! 1644611363145

Reactions: Doc

Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
I don’t understand why so many ppl care about raptors. They only make up a very small percent of rangers or f150s. So not many ppl buy them, so I never understand the hype.

OP
OP
bill_AUS

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wonder what shocks theyre throwing on this, pic of the ranger on top and the bronco on bottom.
At least from this angle they look different from the bronco raptor.
Likely just an updated version of the current Ranger Raptor shocks, with the live valve setup added. Just a guess

OP
OP
bill_AUS

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don’t understand why so many ppl care about raptors. They only make up a very small percent of rangers or f150s. So not many ppl buy them, so I never understand the hype.
That's what halo models bring, hype. Personally the world market has been waiting for a vehicle like the Ranger Raptor for a very long time, as most of the options available are just up spec versions of the same vehicle as the base model, with no changes underneath. The hype is real in Australia, there are still huge wait times for the current model despite the new one being just months away.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bill_AUS

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That red color from the teaser image looks pretty sweet! Fingers crossed we'll hear some US specs soon after?
US Specs won't be out for a while but I wouldn't expect the Raptor to be too different in the US vs everywhere else.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
For me personally I am very interested. This would probably be the one vehicle that could get me to give up my '18 F-150. While I really like the F-150 I will admit that a slightly smaller vehicle with similar performance and capabilities would be a better fit for my needs (and wants). The current Ranger just doesn't do it for me.
If Ford ultimately decides not to bring the Ranger Raptor to North America somebody could probably make a decent business case out of up-fitting "normal" Rangers to Raptor specs. Are you listening Mr. Roush?

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Do I set my alarm tonight or make a pot of coffee and stay up? ?

OP
OP
bill_AUS

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation