• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Hoping For Truck by February

• Thread starter Deleted member 7154
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 7154

Ordered my Ranger Raptor May 27th . I got a order number . Said I would here something every 45 days but nothing yet . I ordered white , beed locks , graphics , mudflats drop in liner , ect. . Being told my order could be held up because of options ? Anyone know if it's TRUE?
This wait is getting crazy . I traded my Ranger Tremor the dealer gave me a great deal if I traded it in then plus only charged me sticker on new Ranger Raptor . I also got a new explorer limited for my wife which they gave me $3500 off sticker (unheard of ) and now I am stuck with sharing veichel . Already have 10,000 miles on it .
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Ordered my Ranger Raptor May 27th . I got a order number . Said I would here something every 45 days but nothing yet . I ordered white , beed locks , graphics , mudflats drop in liner , ect. . Being told my order could be held up because of options ? Anyone know if it's TRUE?
This wait is getting crazy . I traded my Ranger Tremor the dealer gave me a great deal if I traded it in then plus only charged me sticker on new Ranger Raptor . I also got a new explorer limited for my wife which they gave me $3500 off sticker (unheard of ) and now I am stuck with sharing veichel . Already have 10,000 miles on it .
It is true that your order could possibly get held up because of certain options.

The possible culprits, from what I've seen with other models over the last couple years, are bedliner (spray in is the biggest offender of the two), mudflaps, factory xpel type rock/chip protection and optional wheels (the beadlock capable in RRaptor's case)

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
Maybe they mean the raptor trim level itself? I'm pretty sure most of us with RR orders don't have a build date yet. I don't think they'd know for sure they won't have the beadlocks or the bedliner until sometime closer to when they would actually have more raptors on the schedule.

If it helps, I ordered the same day. Only option was the spray-in bedliner. I got a confirmation and one of the 45 day emails but nothing since.

February is also my hope, but be prepared if you have to wait even longer.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Nobody knows what, if any, options will delay your order. Small exception being spay in bed liners since they have to be done off site. The majority of folks in the forum are not scheduled. But for those that are, they’ve scheduled through mid January. Add a month of transit to the dealer and you’re already into February. So the odds are low to zero that you’ll get it in February.

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
Nobody knows what, if any, options will delay your order. Small exception being spay in bed liners since they have to be done off site. The majority of folks in the forum are not scheduled. But for those that are, they’ve scheduled through mid January. Add a month of transit to the dealer and you’re already into February. So the odds are low to zero that you’ll get it in February.
I’m gonna me optimistic and say May 2024 lol. That would put us in the same shoes as all the bronco people who waited a year to get theirs. Thankfully I didn’t get any of the few options I didn’t want anyway. I don’t like the beadlocks, and prefer aftermarket forged wheels, and I like my local Line X guys bed liners more than any factory one done by ford on my other three raptors, two f150s, or three superdutys. The only option I chose was AzureGray for $1k, ordered first day, and never even got an email, just a picture of what my salesman printed out about the order. As soon as I see they have any more built, then I’ll go big my dealer again to get me a vin or something real to track. Good luck all y’all fellow waiters lol.

Sponsored

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
Maybe I should delete my spray in bedliner and have it done locally

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Spray in bed liner is one of the top options that will keep your truck from getting built. I ordered a Raptor along with a few other people and because I opted to forego the bed liner from factory, my build was the one that got pulled with a build date.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
It's actually the best way to go, unless someone doesn't have access to a place relatively close or a few hours drive away.
There's the option of doing it yourself, but most people don't want to undertake the task because it's tedious and time consuming or they just don't have the means or place to do it.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
I just reached out to my dealer to have it removed.

This is part of why I'm here on the forums - I never would have really thought about it until it became an issue.

bdginmo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Software Engineer
I specified the spray-in bedliner and I was scheduled for build within 2 weeks of placing the order. This is for the Lariat trim so maybe there is something different with the Raptor?

Sponsored

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor
I just reached out to my dealer to have it removed.

This is part of why I'm here on the forums - I never would have really thought about it until it became an issue.
Idk, I think the factory bedliner is really nice and I doubt it will cause a delay in your build as it is done after the truck is built.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Idk, I think the factory bedliner is really nice and I doubt it will cause a delay in your build as it is done after the truck is built.
My dealer specifically mentioned bed liners have been a common culprit for maverick orders being delayed in recent years. Your truck might be "built" but it's still sitting at a plant and not getting delivered until your bedliner gets sprayed in.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
It does look nice, but I can have a liner done later.

Now with 0 options, I don't have to think about any of them potentially being a hang-up. Even if it probably won't be.

Reactions: Jab

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
It actually does cause a delay and can become an annoying 'constraint' if enough people option it.

I've watched enough Long McArther YouTube live-streams to notice a trend across all the truck models and spray-in bedliners along with optional wheels are the biggest offenders of any constraints.

Reactions: Jab

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The factory Tough Liner is actually pretty bad. It’s much thinner than third-party options and wears away faster. Plus they don’t mask things off to spray it so you end up having to chip it off to remove your bed cleats. And it will cause a delay regardless because they have to send it from the plant to a facility across the street to have minimum wage guys spray it on their own time. Then it can be sent out to the dealership.

If you talk to your dealer, most of them have a partnership program with Line X or something similar for a slightly higher cost that they can roll into the financed price. The results will be more durable and more well done. My dealer is charging $600 for it and even though it’s slightly more, the quality will be higher and it will be done faster.
Sponsored