• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Not what I was hoping for

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Wth… how did they think that brown and green was a good idea??

The pic looks fake to me .. That panel does not even look attached.

Console looks to wide for a mid.

But hey it has push start.
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been confirmed on the taco forums that this is a photoshop. This is a Tundra interior with the air vents moved from the side to under the screen.
That's somewhat good to know I guess. I found it on the colorado forums the other day.

Although if this is just the Tundra with some moved vents, isn't it still likely that the Tacoma follows the same design as the Tundra?

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
There is a leaked image of the Tacoma's interior floating around and it looks BAD. I thought the canyon AT4 had a pretty ugly interior but it looks like a 10/10 after seeing the taco's interior.

5445887_2548800321948880_5736227185843588571_n-jpg.jpg
I posted this same thing earlier in this thread and the moderators deleted it which I thought was stupid. They cited that it was fake. I don't understand why they didn't just reply to my post with that message instead. If they had, it would have prevented other people from posting the same thing.

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Fwiw, I have a Maverick and short legs. Can state for a fact entry and exit in front seats is compromised with your feet hitting kick panel on door frame every single time. Only sat in the 5G Ranger once 4 years ago but don't remember the foot contact there.
I have only been able to sit in the Maverick once, and the current ranger a few times at Auto shows and for back seat the Ranger is pretty cramped. Maverick is better legroom but not as much hiproom

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I posted this same thing earlier in this thread and the moderators deleted it which I thought was stupid. They cited that it was fake. I don't understand why they didn't just reply to my post with that message instead. If they had, it would have prevented other people from posting the same thing.
i've noticed the mods here are very hands on. they will edit your thread title and post contents if they think you don't do a good job, and reword things in their own way. it's a bit strange but i'm also convinced these forums (ranger5g/6g, tacoma4g etc) are run by the industry.

Sponsored

All Terrain Nation

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Media
i've noticed the mods here are very hands on. they will edit your thread title and post contents if they think you don't do a good job, and reword things in their own way. it's a bit strange but i'm also convinced these forums (ranger5g/6g, tacoma4g etc) are run by the industry.
Most Forums are owned by the same company

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
It has been confirmed on the taco forums that this is a photoshop. This is a Tundra interior with the air vents moved from the side to under the screen.
oh thank god

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Sorry to be blunt on this, but your angst is self-inflicted here 🤓 Nobody told you to wait 20 years and then put all of your eggs in the 6G Ranger basket. Where else does a person do that in their lives? 100% of available evidence around the globe points to an incremental launch over time. Label it how you will, and certainly do what is best for you and consider other vehicles that can check all your boxes, but just don't let emotions destroy you over this when all potential competitors aren't even released, reviewed and fully vetted yet. I started casually looking at Frontier on line yesterday and may sneak into a dealer to check 1 out. I'm fully aware it also has less of what I really want to consider it a substantial upgrade over my Maverick, but the drivetrain, lack of too much tech, Supercab (King) and $7k lower than Ranger MSRP are appealing.

The fatal flaw here may be nobody within 200 miles has anything close to my specs in stock and not sure if they can or WILL order 1 for me. Time will have to sort this out.
Blunt sure, but I can take the criticism. My “angst” as you say, is somewhat valid as the global Ranger was unveiled almost a year and a half ago. So why would Ford really need to drag out other variants in this market? And really, this launch was without a doubt underwhelming. One configuration and no off-road variant besides the Raptor which we already knew was coming. And sure, I choose to drive my old 21 year F-150. But with the midsize market stagnant for the better part of a decade I chose to wait since even the best selling Tacoma is not worth a penny of my hard earned money. I’ve been banking a monthly truck payment to myself since October of 2017, so its not even about the cost, it’s about being happy with my purchase. Settling when you keep a vehicle as long as I do, doesn’t make me happy. I’ve always considered myself a Ford truck guy since I’ve owned one since the fall of ‘93 but I’ve always been open to other brands options which I’ve already checked out. The Frontier does offer the bed/cab configuration I want but the rest of their design has fallen short, especially compared to the GM twins and now Ranger. With that said, I’ll see what the Tacoma has to offer. Right now with a hybrid engine and crewcab/longbed confirmed (profile image) its likely where I’ll land.

I’m not going to lie though… I thought for sure I’d be ordering a SuperCrew Longbed XLT or Lariat with FX-4 (minimum) and hopefully of a Tremor package. I’ll be fine if all the beefs that kept me from buying a Tacoma years ago have been addressed (horrible ergonomics, lackluster drivetrain and dated/cheap interior). Maybe I’ll give Ford my business the next time…. In 10-15 years? 😁

OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Blunt sure, but I can take the criticism. My “angst” as you say, is somewhat valid as the global Ranger was unveiled almost a year and a half ago. So why would Ford really need to drag out other variants in this market? And really, this launch was without a doubt underwhelming. One configuration and no off-road variant besides the Raptor which we already knew was coming. And sure, I choose to drive my old 21 year F-150. But with the midsize market stagnant for the better part of a decade I chose to wait since even the best selling Tacoma is not worth a penny of my hard earned money. I’ve been banking a monthly truck payment to myself since October of 2017, so its not even about the cost, it’s about being happy with my purchase. Settling when you keep a vehicle as long as I do, doesn’t make me happy. I’ve always considered myself a Ford truck guy since I’ve owned one since the fall of ‘93 but I’ve always been open to other brands options which I’ve already checked out. The Frontier does offer the bed/cab configuration I want but the rest of their design has fallen short, especially compared to the GM twins and now Ranger. With that said, I’ll see what the Tacoma has to offer. Right now with a hybrid engine and crewcab/longbed confirmed (profile image) its likely where I’ll land.

I’m not going to lie though… I thought for sure I’d be ordering a SuperCrew Longbed XLT or Lariat with FX-4 (minimum) and hopefully of a Tremor package. I’ll be fine if all the beefs that kept me from buying a Tacoma years ago have been addressed (horrible ergonomics, lackluster drivetrain and dated/cheap interior). Maybe I’ll give Ford my business the next time…. In 10-15 years? 😁
so you're still not open to accepting the precedent for Ford not releasing 100% of details and configs, trims, options on a single day in initial reveal? Then they incrementally introduce more of each as time goes by? That absolutely is how their model works and you can bet it repeats here as well. I've kept vehicles even longer than you- because I like and want to keep them even if they are relic projects or simply remind me of my youth. I agree about not settling and making me unsatisfied with my purchase, but to me that is not linked with having the patience to wait as this fully unfolds according to plan.

Also agree with you about unsuitability of the Toyota since forever, and I'll keep my Maverick with it's limitations before ever even looking at the overpriced Tacomas.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
so you're still not open to accepting the precedent for Ford not releasing 100% of details and configs, trims, options on a single day in initial reveal? Then they incrementally introduce more of each as time goes by? That absolutely is how their model works and you can bet it repeats here as well. I've kept vehicles even longer than you- because I like and want to keep them even if they are relic projects or simply remind me of my youth. I agree about not settling and making me unsatisfied with my purchase, but to me that is not linked with having the patience to wait as this fully unfolds according to plan.

Also agree with you about unsuitability of the Toyota since forever, and I'll keep my Maverick with it's limitations before ever even looking at the overpriced Tacomas.
Not to be argumentative, but what you’re failing to see is the 6G Ranger was unveiled on November 24, 2021. Global truck or NA market truck…. It’s the same design (same generation) slightly tweaked mostly to meet regulations (emissions & safety). So for me and others who share my frustration, we have been more than patient.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Not to be argumentative, but what you’re failing to see is the 6G Ranger was unveiled on November 24, 2021. Global truck or NA market truck…. It’s the same design (same generation) slightly tweaked mostly to meet regulations (emissions & safety). So for me and others who share my frustration, we have been more than patient.
That may be the case, but they're still dragging it out for the rest of us too! Each month another new variant is added in some market, so it's completely not surprising.

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
I don’t think the order banks will crash when the Ranger ordering goes live. Good luck for anyone that is ordering a Raptor

OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
No worries at all. The intelligent conversation with valid point, counterpoint discussion is what makes me stay engaged on these forums. If we all learn something and contribute, everyone is better off for it, IMO.

You may have missed my earlier post where I mentioned my sales guy telling me in 2018 to skip the 5G because the new model was right behind it and supposedly improved. We just bought a 2018 F-150 from him and I was still driving the 1989 Chevy 2500 I inherited from the wife in 1990, so figured I had no need to worry about that new Mid size ride any time soon. Never thought much about it until I caught wind of a new compact coming which turned out to be Maverick.

By then I accepted an offer I couldn't refuse on the Chevy and continued using my Jeep as my daily and happily shared the F-150 with the wife. Bought the Maverick as a place holder knowing its limitations until/unless something affordable came along that was an upgrade. So I've been waiting if you want to call it that, for 5 years. To me it doesn't matter how long the rest of the world had the 6G- since I couldn't get it. Hilux either for that matter. 🤷‍♂️ Can't worry about what I can't have, right?

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
only in CREW cab configuration- and optional from what I learned on their B&P site this morning. I need/want the 6' bed on extended cab (KING) cab similar to Ford's SCab. And I want it in 4x2, not 4x4.
Haven’t we gone over this before?

Nissan offers their Frontier in the configuration you seek.

King Cab, S, 4x2
King Cab, SV, 4x2

The only bed length available on Nissan Frontier King Cab is 73” (6.1‘)

Their build and price tool is a bit different than other brands. Might be worth a quick look. Options may be limited, but sounds like right up your alley to keep affordable.

Ford Ranger Not what I was hoping for 8F16114C-1894-4697-831D-7F0448678912

OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Haven’t we gone over this before?

Nissan offers their Frontier in the configuration you seek.

King Cab, S, 4x2
King Cab, SV, 4x2

The only bed length available on Nissan Frontier King Cab is 73” (6.1‘)

Their build and price tool is a bit different than other brands. Might be worth a quick look. Options may be limited, but sounds like right up your alley to keep affordable.

8F16114C-1894-4697-831D-7F0448678912.png
Yes, and nothing different since last time. I DID go to their B&P tool AGAIN looking for that configuration. The details have no specs at all on bed size. The B&P goes directly to 1) Exterior, which is only color choices and some adds like PPF, then goes to 2) Interior 3) towing 4) packages 5) Accessories 6) Summary. It absolutely does not show a standard bed length or allow me to select King Cab S 4x2 with the longer bed. I don't know if you investigated any further than your screen shot, but it just isn't there. Maybe they restricted/eliminated that configuration in a later MY production update? I'm using Edge browser on my desktop PC and tablet. B&P site does not mention these incompatible.

If I'm missing something here, please point me in the right direction...

**EDIT: nevermind. Went to specs 1st and found dimensions including bed length. Once you move into the B&P tool, none of that is visible there or shown in your build summary. That was my starting point each time. Never imagined it wouldn't carry into the B&P configurator. Lame 🤬

Last edited: