• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

RANGER TONNEAU COVER ordered

TMP Montana

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, 2023 Mazda CX-50, 2006Scion Xb
Occupation
Retired
Have the same cover sitting in the garage, but the truck has not arrived yet. It's still sitting in Spokane for a few mare days waiting on carrier.

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
Has anyone had one? from the best I can figure for most vinyl covers is UV damage. the vinyl shrinks and starts coming un-glued. What is the best way to protect that from happening?

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
Well, took about an 1 1/2 to install. Thatā€™s taking my time and having a beer or two through the process. šŸ˜‚ one thing to remember. Definitely donā€™t forget to put the straps through the back bolt next to cab. The instructions doesnā€™t make that to clear until further back and then after putting it all on and tightening the bolts down had to remove them to install straps.

Ford Ranger RANGER TONNEAU COVER ordered IMG_5487

Ford Ranger RANGER TONNEAU COVER ordered IMG_5493

Ford Ranger RANGER TONNEAU COVER ordered IMG_5490

Ford Ranger RANGER TONNEAU COVER ordered IMG_5491

Ford Ranger RANGER TONNEAU COVER ordered IMG_5488

Ford Ranger RANGER TONNEAU COVER ordered IMG_5492

Ford Ranger RANGER TONNEAU COVER ordered IMG_5489

Sponsored
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Occupation
Sales
Well, took about an 1 1/2 to install. Thatā€™s taking my time and having a beer or two through the process. šŸ˜‚ one thing to remember. Definitely donā€™t forget to put the straps through the back bolt next to cab. The instructions doesnā€™t make that to clear until further back and then after putting it all on and tightening the bolts down had to remove them to install straps.

IMG_5487.jpeg

IMG_5493.jpeg

IMG_5490.jpeg

IMG_5491.jpeg

IMG_5488.jpeg

IMG_5492.jpeg

IMG_5489.jpeg
After market spray in liner? Looks good.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Has anyone had one? from the best I can figure for most vinyl covers is UV damage. the vinyl shrinks and starts coming un-glued. What is the best way to protect that from happening?
I've had three on three different trucks. They are fantastic covers and are the most versatile in being able to use your bed by rolling it up,easily then covering things up securely, or then even covering things above your bed without locking it down, like trees laying sideways.

They hold up well, work great, and really make your truck bed more useful.

Only negative is if exposed to below freezing temps and moisture then they can freeze up. No longer roll up easily.

I have one on my current ranger and have one sitting wtg on my new Ranger Raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
After market spray in liner? Looks good.
Yes, Extreme liner I believe is what it is called. My dealer took it and had it done in frostburg Maryland. Cost was $450. I did it that way instead of ordering because I was thinking it would extend my truck build out longer. When I ordered I stayed away from little things like that for that reason. I read somewhere that a small extra. Even something like that could extend it for months because of how they do things.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Yes, Extreme liner I believe is what it is called. My dealer took it and had it done in frostburg Maryland. Cost was $450. I did it that way instead of ordering because I was thinking it would extend my truck build out longer. When I ordered I stayed away from little things like that for that reason. I read somewhere that a small extra. Even something like that could extend it for months because of how they do things.
In same boat. Was afraid it'd hold up truck. And line-x and others are often a better product with custom options. Ford spray-in liner is very thin and not customizable at all. I got talked into it on my last truck, won't do that again.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician

IMG_5490.jpeg
Looks to me like a roll bar might still fit

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
Looks to me like a roll bar might still fit
I think youā€™re correct. All the bed pockets are exposed. And that rubber down the side could be pitched under the roll bar.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
So does it BOLT on to the bed or does it use clamps?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Get a good quality cover and you won't have that problem. Truxedo lowPro is a good one!
Sponsored