• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
So these Ranger Raptors costs 105k USD? lol wut? Are we in trouble guys?

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I didn't want to comment on that in opening post and ruin anyone's day. How much does F-150 Raptor cost in USA for comparison? There are at least a dozen I regularly see around my little AG/ farming community with population of ~8000. My friendly sales guy says there's always orders in process too and people waiting as long as it takes to arrive with no cancelations. Very strange car market right now...

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So, beyond the price shock converting to USD, the more interesting part to me is the launch window for May. We have to assume our NA reveals / launch to be roughly same time frame. Was hanging out with friends at local Ford dealer yesterday, and they know nothing as usual. Ford corporate treats them like mushrooms.

They basically don't invest any time in advance trying to learn about the new vehicles even if potential customers and the market are generating a lot of interest. Sales manager told me if/when they get some, then they learn about them enough to sell them. The customer special order and no inventory on lots to talk about has changed the whole dynamic IMO. The more we know ourselves in advance, the better the experience seems to be :muscle:

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
So, beyond the price shock converting to USD, the more interesting part to me is the launch window for May. We have to assume our NA reveals / launch to be roughly same time frame. Was hanging out with friends at local Ford dealer yesterday, and they know nothing as usual. Ford corporate treats them like mushrooms.

They basically don't invest any time in advance trying to learn about the new vehicles even if potential customers and the market are generating a lot of interest. Sales manager told me if/when they get some, then they learn about them enough to sell them. The customer special order and no inventory on lots to talk about has changed the whole dynamic IMO. The more we know ourselves in advance, the better the experience seems to be :muscle:
Very true. Don’t expect the dealership to be the experts.

CaptAngry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Taco
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
This is exactly the experience I had last year buying a new Lexus NX for my wife. We put money down and waited, sight-unseen because the dealers had NONE and even when they got in stock it was gone within hours for the wait list. They wouldn't let us drive one, or even SIT in one until "our car" showed up. But even then, I had watched enough YouTube videos and read enough on forums like this that I knew significantly more about the vehicle than anyone at the dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Howdy. I’m gonna guess the ranger raptor is around 60k starting in US. Anyone want to take bets?
did you read the article linked in opening post? The price in Argentinian currency converted to $USD there shows the price would be a little more than $100k. You think Ford will actually sell them for $40k less to us here in United States?

OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Wait, it gets even better. My sales guy offered up the used Mavericks are selling for more than new (I already knew that). I asked him if they have had a single used Maverick to put on the Used lot, and he said no while shaking his head. The Finance guy and I were discussing building home workshops and Social security and Medicare and we both like a particular local insurance broker who is super knowledgeable and no BS who gives free guidance whether you get a plan from him or not.

The best take away from finance guy was him telling me "you know what's funny is I do this for a living, but I'm not a car guy". What else is funny is their selling businesses model where your sales person handles all the early contact with me, then when I order collects all my info into file before passing me over to another guy who actually enters the order into Ford's ordering tool online and gives me my Order Preview sheet with all the details including both MSRP and Invoice pricing on truck AND all packages + options clearly shown. Closing a deal with them is final inspection, test drive, etc. before going to talk to my Finance buddy about the actual contract and payment numbers and details.

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
I’m
did you read the article linked in opening post? The price in Argentinian currency converted to $USD there shows the price would be a little more than $100k. You think Ford will actually sell them for $40k less to us here in United States?
Yes. Raptor 150s are less than that.

OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes. Raptor 150s are less than that.
There's a lot of people here that hope you are right :wink: I'm not much of a betting man and Raptor is way more than I need so will leave the $ predictions to others craving that model...

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Howdy. I’m gonna guess the ranger raptor is around 60k starting in US. Anyone want to take bets?

My guess was $10k below the Bronco Raptor which would put it about $65k MSRP before options and *cough* markup.

So yeah they will end up being $80-90k trucks when the stealership is done putting sharpie on the window sticker.

Hats off to the confirmed MSRP orders.
Sponsored