• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

RR R Button stopped working - Easy fix!

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
My 24 RR “R” button randomly stopped working this morning on my way to work. Being frustrated since I still only have 700 miles on it, I searched the issue on other ford forums. Apparently all of the Raptor models have issues with this dating back a couple years ago with the F150 and also the Bronco Raptor.

The fix is very simple and relatively quick. Unhook the negative terminal of the battery and let it sit for a bit. I left mine off for 30 minutes, others have mentioned 15 minutes to an hour. This may all be personal preference but 30 minutes did the trick for me.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
My 24 RR “R” button randomly stopped working this morning on my way to work. Being frustrated since I still only have 700 miles on it, I searched the issue on other ford forums. Apparently all of the Raptor models have issues with this dating back a couple years ago with the F150 and also the Bronco Raptor.

The fix is very simple and relatively quick. Unhook the negative terminal of the battery and let it sit for a bit. I left mine off for 30 minutes, others have mentioned 15 minutes to an hour. This may all be personal preference but 30 minutes did the trick for me.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OP
OP
Cyder

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX

My R button quit working today.
Good to know the fix is easy, but still irritating.

‘Yours, mine and Flaberdoopin YouTube Chanel also had same issue.

Curious now how many others have ran into this.
‘My truck is just short of 800 miles on the clock.

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should add.
That I waited and did not do the battery cable reboot procedures right away.

I was planning on it but had feeling it might self correct.

Turns out after 4 to 6 restarts it started working again the next day.

That was about a week ago, has worked fine everyday since.

OP
OP
Cyder

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
I should add.
That I waited and did not do the battery cable reboot procedures right away.

I was planning on it but had feeling it might self correct.

Turns out after 4 to 6 restarts it started working again the next day.

That was about a week ago, has worked fine everyday since.
Interesting! Maybe Ford pushed out an OTA update? If it happens again, I’ll hold off for a day or two and see if it self corrects. I haven’t had any issues either since I disconnected the battery.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was sort of curious if it was something programmed into the trucks to do something at a set mileage.

My R button failed at around 750 miles.

I was sort of picturing a break in period code that was written into the trucks computer to lock out R mode till say 750 miles and then later Ford changed their minds and unlocked it from the start so it created a weird fault that disabled it at 750 miles.

My truck was also an early build. So it had some testing mileage on it done at the factory.
I could also see them needing to unlock it to test it and creating the fault later at that set mileage point.

I don't know just thinking about how I had several restricted performance features on my TRX that required me to hit a certain mileage for them to unlock and come available.
Sponsored