• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
I like that engineer, he seems like a cool guy from the 70’s who had sweet cars and chased good looking women. I seen the engineer for the Tacoma and that guy was complete opposite. Good review 👍🏼

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
Very unfortunately my Raptor was ready for pickup at the dealer today.
After a disaster at Ford it was decided to ditch the 4-down tow mode due to a hardware issue at the last minute.
It is not the same issue they had with the Bronco.
The very main purpose of the truck for us was deleted.... Cry now....
Problem will be resolved in the 2025 model so now, wait, wait again....Errr!
5 years from now, will look back and see the 2024 is the only model ever built that cannot be flat towed. Maybe somebody will eventually find a solution.
since it is a delete from Ford, any solution now will void all warranties.

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Very unfortunately my Raptor was ready for pickup at the dealer today.
After a disaster at Ford it was decided to ditch the 4-down tow mode due to a hardware issue at the last minute.
It is not the same issue they had with the Bronco.
The very main purpose of the truck for us was deleted.... Cry now....
Problem will be resolved in the 2025 model so now, wait, wait again....Errr!
5 years from now, will look back and see the 2024 is the only model ever built that cannot be flat towed. Maybe somebody will eventually find a solution.
since it is a delete from Ford, any solution now will void all warranties.
huh? Explain?

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
Because of a mechanical issue found in the last part of testing "NO" 2024 rangers will be capable of being 4-down flat towing. I.E. being towed behind an RV.
The only way is to put it on a trailer, then you can do any car and defeats the whole thing.
The Bronco had an issue as well with the ABS module going to sleep and causing issues with the EBB module possibly causing the brakes to be applied during tow. The Bronco had a temporary solution of removing the ABS fuse before towing. The problem was most common if the battery went dead during towing from not having a charge wire from the tow vehicle.
The Bronco later had a software solution that solved the issue.
Because the Bronco was sold with the 4-down tow function included in the manual and documents, they had to fix it and be responsible for damages.
In the case of the ranger they knew before it went on the market so they just deleted the possibility to put it in 4-down tow mode. Removed it from the software, specifications and manual. They did this so they are not liable for warranty issues or anything else related to any possible third party fixes.
Since it is a known issue with the 2024, it is in process of being corrected for the 2025 year. However there will not ever be a Ford certified fix for the 2024.
The 2024 will be an oddball and the only ranger ever built that cannot be 4-down towed.

PS: it does have a way to tow short periods of 4 wheel down tow but very limited with distance and speed. Basically just a way to drag it off the trail.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Because of a mechanical issue found in the last part of testing "NO" 2024 rangers will be capable of being 4-down flat towing. I.E. being towed behind an RV.
The only way is to put it on a trailer, then you can do any car and defeats the whole thing.
The Bronco had an issue as well with the ABS module going to sleep and causing issues with the EBB module possibly causing the brakes to be applied during tow. The Bronco had a temporary solution of removing the ABS fuse before towing. The problem was most common if the battery went dead during towing from not having a charge wire from the tow vehicle.
The Bronco later had a software solution that solved the issue.
Because the Bronco was sold with the 4-down tow function included in the manual and documents, they had to fix it and be responsible for damages.
In the case of the ranger they knew before it went on the market so they just deleted the possibility to put it in 4-down tow mode. Removed it from the software, specifications and manual. They did this so they are not liable for warranty issues or anything else related to any possible third party fixes.
Since it is a known issue with the 2024, it is in process of being corrected for the 2025 year. However there will not ever be a Ford certified fix for the 2024.
The 2024 will be an oddball and the only ranger ever built that cannot be 4-down towed.

PS: it does have a way to tow short periods of 4 wheel down tow but very limited with distance and speed. Basically just a way to drag it off the trail.
How many times and in how many threads are you going to post the same thing?? We get it, you are upset and have to wait a year. But wait or buy something else. Bitching here won't change anything.

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
Already done with that but somebody asked to explain here.
Guess could of just sent a link to other post as it is now posted in 3 or 4 places!

PS: This issue will be important for some and like myself just assumed it would be capable as the base hardware is the same as the Bronco ( except tranny) Having it in a few places might just help somebody else not make a mistake and buy a 2024 for flat towing.
Also hopefully will not be a year, 2025 orders are currently expected to open in Aug or Sept at the latest.
Production is not much a problem going forward so it could be a little as 6-7 months. However, will not hold my breath and don't really need it in the middle of winter anyway!
If indeed that happens might just send it over for tow hardware fit/construction. The companies that build that hardware want volunteer vehicles. In return they set you up with a few k worth of hardware!

Last edited:

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Already done with that but somebody asked to explain here.
Guess could of just sent a link to other post as it is now posted in 3 or 4 places!
No biggie. And I'm sorry this wound up being the case. Hopefully resolved for 2025 so you can get your new truck

Sponsored

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
It can tow a camper, trailer, etc. up to it's rated capacity!

However it cannot be used as a towed vehicle (4-down/Flat tow)

Like this is not possible with the Ranger 2024 model year.

Ford Ranger Savagegeese reviews the 2024 Ranger Raptor download

Last edited:

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just so I’m clear it can not tow an RV? This was my main reason for purchasing as well.
No, you cannot flat-tow it behind an RV. It would need to be towed on a flatbed, I believe.
Yes, you can tow an RV behind the Ranger (up to load limits).

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
This could be the best review I've seen. Love Carl W giving real details and the drive looked awesome (TC off). Whimsical! For the Win. I like cars that elicit the following:
1. Make me turn around after parking them because I love the looks
2. Have a driving character that is unique and not plebian (300 SRT8, 2020 Shelby GT500, 03 Cobra Convertible, and an 02 Miata. And while driving them gives you inputs and makes you SMILE
3. Are somewhat unique in nature - Not the ubiquitous Camry or Honda Accord. Reflect some style.

The RR will do that, fit in my garage and still help me "engage" the neighbors when needed.
Sponsored