• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Shelter Green Metallic opinions?

BSmith

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Occupation
QA
What do you all think about the new Shelter Green Metallic?
Sponsored

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
What do you all think about the new Shelter Green Metallic?
As someone who has color blindness, I feel like Ford has enjoyed screwing with me when it comes to colors that look different in different lighting and all the muted greys they've been throwing out. My eye likes strong, discernable colors. Someone described it as "Root Beer" and that's all I can see now and that actually makes me like the color more.

That being said, I am in favor of as many people getting away from white, black, and silver as possible and having an ounce of personality with their vehicles. I also say this after I ordered and have driven a Carbonized Grey C-Max for the last 11 years; I think it the only "colors" it was initially offered in were red and a very light metallic ice blue and I didn't like the look of either on it and definitely made the right choice in the long run.

Eruption Green Metallic is probably my favorite Ford color at the moment; something with the metallic flake in it really makes it pop for my eye and every Bronco I see in that color turns my head.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
I'd much rather have Eruption Green. When I saw the color on the build sheet I was really hoping for something similar to Porsche's Goodwood Green.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
As someone who has color blindness, I feel like Ford has enjoyed screwing with me when it comes to colors that look different in different lighting and all the muted greys they've been throwing out. My eye likes strong, discernable colors. Someone described it as "Root Beer" and that's all I can see now and that actually makes me like the color more.

That being said, I am in favor of as many people getting away from white, black, and silver as possible and having an ounce of personality with their vehicles. I also say this after I ordered and have driven a Carbonized Grey C-Max for the last 11 years; I think it the only "colors" it was initially offered in were red and a very light metallic ice blue and I didn't like the look of either on it and definitely made the right choice in the long run.

Eruption Green Metallic is probably my favorite Ford color at the moment; something with the metallic flake in it really makes it pop for my eye and every Bronco I see in that color turns my head.
I typically go with blue but the Eruption green had me convinced to make a change but that’s currently off the table. Hopefully some colors change when the 2.7 or Tremor is available…I can wait 😉

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I really like this color! Wish it was available across the line & not a Raptor only color. Surprised to see it called a ‘green‘ though, as was pointed out, it looks more like ‘root beer’ to me too. I think I see more green in the GM Harvest Bronze.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Signature color needed to have been code orange or another fun, bright, sporty color.

I dont think several of the offered exterior colors go with the interior, especially the raptors code orange trim, at all.

That's a big miss!!

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.

Now that you've said the thing about the root beer, I can't un-see it. Petition to rename it lol.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I really like this color! Wish it was available across the line & not a Raptor only color. Surprised to see it called a ‘green‘ though, as was pointed out, it looks more like ‘root beer’ to me too. I think I see more green in the GM Harvest Bronze.
We are happy to hear that you love the shelter green metallic color! Thank you for being a part of the Ford family!

Sponsored

Deleted member 5711

Not sure yet but I like the photos and I have ordered one so I would say I like it over the other options. It will go with my Blue Ember Dark Horse two very unique rides. I waited 10.5 Months for my Mach E GTPE and it was worth the wait. I am sure we will all be happy when they start making them.

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
I like it enough to order my Raptor in it, but @Ford Motor Company , please bring some new colors! Sedona Orange looks amazing on the Raptor in AU… for example

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I wish they had it available as an option for the non-Raptors....I went with the Azure Grey metallic on my Lariat order.
I also want the shelter green on a Lariat. Will probably wait another year until some better colors arive.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I wish they had it available as an option for the non-Raptors....I went with the Azure Grey metallic on my Lariat order.
Agreed. But I think the azure would be my 2nd choice too.
Sponsored