Sponsored

The Most Worthwhile Vehicle Accessory You Should Buy

Raptor Family

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
175
Reaction score
281
Location
Dallas, Texas
Vehicle(s)
‘25 Ranger Raptor, ‘97 Jeep Cherokee, ‘24 Lexus NX450h+
Occupation
retired
My number one mod/accessory is the Long Range 35 gallon fuel tank. The factory 20.3 gallon tank is just too small. Stock was Sub 300 mile range at 15mpg on 93 octane gas. Less than 200 mile range when I run ethanol at 10mpg. With extended tank, over 500 on gas (my best was over 600) on ethanol free gas and over 350 on e85. With all of the factory features programmed to work properly, it safely has almost a 60 mile reserve.
IMG_2767.webp
Sponsored

 

STEVE_K

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
235
Reaction score
295
Location
Snohomish, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor, 2003 Jeep Wranger SE TJ, 2001 Subaru Forester
My number one mod/accessory is the Long Range 35 gallon fuel tank. The factory 20.3 gallon tank is just too small. Stock was Sub 300 mile range at 15mpg on 93 octane gas. Less than 200 mile range when I run ethanol at 10mpg. With extended tank, over 500 on gas (my best was over 600) on ethanol free gas and over 350 on e85. With all of the factory features programmed to work properly, it safely has almost a 60 mile reserve.
What did you have to do to run on e85?
 

Raptor Family

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
175
Reaction score
281
Location
Dallas, Texas
Vehicle(s)
‘25 Ranger Raptor, ‘97 Jeep Cherokee, ‘24 Lexus NX450h+
Occupation
retired
What did you have to do to run on e85?
To run on e85 I had to give up one kidney, my first born—and after the wife saw the bill, she left too. Just kidding.

First, ethanol is only 70% as energy dense as gasoline. What that means is that, by volume, it takes 30% more ethanol to do the same work as gasoline. Mileage is 30% less, and what becomes critical, is that your high pressure fuel pump and your direct injectors do not have the top-end fuel output to provide 30% more ethanol.
First thing you need is a bigger fuel pump and injectors—a mild ethanol build could get by on stage 1 or 2 injectors and the basic big bore fuel pump. Max effort build, the Nostrum “X” series system consist of a high flowing Goliath Fuel Pump and Stage 3 injectors—$5.3k
Second, is an e85 tune. I use HP Tuners RTD4 which is kind of like a communication module $350. The tune, $800-$1300 or more. Tuner dependent.
Additional nice to have, but not necessary: Real time ethanol content monitor $1k. Larger fuel tank—e85 only gets about 10mpg. Stock tank is only about 200 mile range.
And you might be asking what is the benefit? E85 is an oxygenated fuel—it burns cleaner so you can pass emissions tests easier. It costs 30-40% less than 93 octane. E85 has 100-105 octane (which is race fuel octane cheaper than pump gas) e85 absorbs heat, decreases intake charge temperature and safely allows more timing and boost for even more power.
 

Barry Johnson

Active Member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Location
98424
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Adj
For me……window tint, then the canopy, then the console gun safe
Have wondered why Ford went cheapnand didnt put the strip across windshield to help shield from sun. Never have used a sun visor like I do in this Ranger. Need tk take to a glass/tint shop and look into options!
 

natkill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
86
Reaction score
94
Location
OK
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Lariat 2.7L FX4, Marsh Gray
Have wondered why Ford went cheapnand didnt put the strip across windshield to help shield from sun. Never have used a sun visor like I do in this Ranger. Need tk take to a glass/tint shop and look into options!
Totally agree. It really started to bug me. I found this window tint kit on Amazon, installed them myself. Very straightforward if you use some window film application spray, and it didn't require removing any trim. I was quoted $200 for the brow when my dealer offered tint, so I was happy to try this out for $45. I probably should've gone with the 5%, but the 15% still offers a lot of relief.

1790698565658-qq.webp

1790698670446-7o.webp
 

Sponsored

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,033
Reaction score
3,894
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
I will tell you an accessory I would love to buy: A hood rock / bug deflector that attaches under the hood and doesn't use tape. I have had them on most of my trucks but (except for a company in New Zealand), I cannot find one for the Ranger.
The avs one attaches with screws and plastic inserts for the screws to go into. It sticks up off the hood and has little rubber bumpers to keep it from banging on the hood while driving.

Of all the hood guards I have tried, the avs was my favorite because it sits up that way. The others all attach with double sided tape to the hood.

20260719_195133.webp

This is the avs hood guard


But, I did get plenty of compliments from people on the tripleA hood guard when I had it on
 

natkill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
86
Reaction score
94
Location
OK
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Lariat 2.7L FX4, Marsh Gray
The avs one attaches with screws and plastic inserts for the screws to go into. It sticks up off the hood and has little rubber bumpers to keep it from banging on the hood while driving.

Of all the hood guards I have tried, the avs was my favorite because it sits up that way. The others all attach with double sided tape to the hood.

20260719_195133.webp

This is the avs hood guard


But, I did get plenty of compliments from people on the tripleA hood guard when I had it on
Where did you buy yours? Was it vehicle specific?
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,033
Reaction score
3,894
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
Where did you buy yours? Was it vehicle specific?
Yes, vehicle specific.

I think amazon but maybe i just used google and found it, I don't remember now because that was one of the first things I bought
 

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
57
Messages
502
Reaction score
334
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
My number one mod/accessory is the Long Range 35 gallon fuel tank. The factory 20.3 gallon tank is just too small. Stock was Sub 300 mile range at 15mpg on 93 octane gas. Less than 200 mile range when I run ethanol at 10mpg. With extended tank, over 500 on gas (my best was over 600) on ethanol free gas and over 350 on e85. With all of the factory features programmed to work properly, it safely has almost a 60 mile reserve.
IMG_2767.webp
That is so cool! Can I ask how much it cost to do this? And what kind of work is needed to re-cal the gauge and mileage estimates and such?
 

Geo8866

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
135
Reaction score
208
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Lariat FX4
The avs one attaches with screws and plastic inserts for the screws to go into. It sticks up off the hood and has little rubber bumpers to keep it from banging on the hood while driving.

Of all the hood guards I have tried, the avs was my favorite because it sits up that way. The others all attach with double sided tape to the hood.

20260719_195133.webp

This is the avs hood guard


But, I did get plenty of compliments from people on the tripleA hood guard when I had it on
Can you help me out with a link to that deflector? Every one I see attaches with double-sided tape. What you have described is exactly what I am looking for.
 

Sponsored

Raptor Family

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
175
Reaction score
281
Location
Dallas, Texas
Vehicle(s)
‘25 Ranger Raptor, ‘97 Jeep Cherokee, ‘24 Lexus NX450h+
Occupation
retired
That is so cool! Can I ask how much it cost to do this? And what kind of work is needed to re-cal the gauge and mileage estimates and such?
This is a Raptor only option in the U.S. other Rangers it will not fit-two completely different rear suspensions and frames. The cost, last I checked from Long Range America was about $2700. Calibration is like having a tuner tune your truck—Cody Cutforth from Stanghi.com is the first and only tuner that seems to have cracked the code. I believe he has a deposit plan for the tuning devise, and you only pay for the program to recalibrate all the factory parameters of full/empty, DTE, and mileage—all just like original. There is some false info floating around that Forscan can be used to reset the tank capacity—don’t believe it. That only works over in Australia where these tanks are made, and they can go into the dealer and have one installed as an option—and they can use Forscan.
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,033
Reaction score
3,894
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,033
Reaction score
3,894
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
 







Top