• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

There goes Kentucky Plant...

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
Toyota's non union made by robots vehicle quality seems way better than Fords union made by humans vehicle quality.

I know some people hate reading that, but it is true. As technology advances, people will be phased out. This isn't the first industry to go through this, and it won't be the last.
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The only way this will end quickly is if Ford institutes layoffs at all Union plants. Right now only one side is feeling pain. The Union strike fund can last for almost a year at the rate they are burning it off. A full layoff would deplete the strike fund in 12 weeks.
Are you suggesting full layoffs of the remaining plants that aren’t on strike? The only plants bringing in revenue at the moment? As retaliation for union activity, violating the NLRA and exposing themselves to federal lawsuits?

Surely you don’t.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Toyota's non union made by robots vehicle quality seems way better than Fords union made by humans vehicle quality.

I know some people hate reading that, but it is true. As technology advances, people will be phased out. This isn't the first industry to go through this, and it won't be the last.
Ford uses robots too. They buy many of them from my employer.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
Ford uses robots too. They buy many of them from my employer.
Yes, but I am saying at scale. As you increase the amount of robots, the number of humans usually goes down.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, but I am saying at scale. As you increase the amount of robots, the number of humans usually goes down.
They use them at scale. They’re virtually required at this point in an assistive fashion. Watch the videos online of the plant tours. Any thing larger than a brick is brought in with a multi axis arm. Even QC at all plants is done by LiDar scanning. About the only thing truly hand built are the 5.2’s for the Shelby and Raptor R if my memory serves.

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Fire every union employee and offer them their jobs back non union! “Problem solved”
Sponsored