• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
I am glad you found an ethical dealer. I thought I had one too.

I am very disappointed in Mullinax Ford in Olympia, Washington. At first they said I could order a Ranger Raptor for MSRP and no deposit, just like I did on my '22 Maverick Lariat FX4 deal with them. I was excited.

By the time I went to place the order, they had some story about how they only received an allocation of just 1 Raptor. So they want a $5000 deposit for it and it will be probably $30k markup, but they haven't settled on the number yet.

But if I wanted, I could order any other trim Ranger and they would honor MSRP and no deposit.

I was very disappointed. They are a very high volume dealer. The story seems fishy about how they specifically know that in their allocations of Rangers only 1 can be a Raptor. They have always been great to work with in the past. My Maverick deal was flawless. I guess it's good they were upfront with me and they didn't pull shenanigans after the truck arrived.

I did consider a Lariat FX4. But once spec'ing out as well as possible, I am within just a few thousand of Raptor price. And that leaves me with the 2.3L and missing some major equipment/upgrades/aesthetics. Raptor is a huge value compared to Lariat after options.

I have purchased several vehicles from Mullinax Ford and sent them several customers. I think my relationship with them is probably through.

It makes no sense financially to purchase an FX4 Lariat. Raptor or bust. I may just hold on to my Maverick longer and consider something else than a Ranger for replacement.
Who are these people that would pay $30,000 over sticker for a midsized truck? WHO?
Sponsored

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Who are these people that would pay $30,000 over sticker for a midsized truck? WHO?
The same people that are still paying $10-15k markups for Broncos.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
I was a bit shocked when I had a message from the local dealer on Saturday reminding me that the RR is now available for ordering. I had talked to them almost a year ago about the possibility of getting a Raptor. At the time they told me that because I was the first to ask them about it they would give me first shot at getting one of their allocations. I haven't had the time to get back to them yet and they are closed today for the holiday so I will call them tomorrow about pricing (ADM?) and perhaps set a date for an appraisal of my F-150.

After that amount of time I wasn't really expecting the call. I guess the fact that they kept my contact info at all is a good omen...

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I was a bit shocked when I had a message from the local dealer on Saturday reminding me that the RR is now available for ordering. I had talked to them almost a year ago about the possibility of getting a Raptor. At the time they told me that because I was the first to ask them about it they would give me first shot at getting one of their allocations. I haven't had the time to get back to them yet and they are closed today for the holiday so I will call them tomorrow about pricing (ADM?) and perhaps set a date for an appraisal of my F-150.

After that amount of time I wasn't really expecting the call. I guess the fact that they kept my contact info at all is a good omen...
There's no point in getting your appraisal done now for your f150 now. Production of any Ranger doesnt start until August.

Sponsored

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
F150 RR is 30 over
F150 R is 10 over but recently u can find them for MSRP.
Ranger R willl be 10k to 15k?specially for job 1
Wish FP sell directly their cars directly to peoples like the Ford GT

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
The same people that are still paying $10-15k markups for Broncos.
Live in a medium size town in OR ,all raptor models setting in lot are gone in 2-3 days.
same with TRX
All with ADM

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Live in a medium size town in OR ,all raptor models setting in lot are gone in 2-3 days.
same with TRX
All with ADM
That’s disgusting to me. I refuse to pay a markup and will write off any dealership that has an ADM. When it comes time for me to buy my next vehicle I will shop out of NC if I have to.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I am glad you found an ethical dealer. I thought I had one too.

I am very disappointed in Mullinax Ford in Olympia, Washington. At first they said I could order a Ranger Raptor for MSRP and no deposit, just like I did on my '22 Maverick Lariat FX4 deal with them. I was excited.

By the time I went to place the order, they had some story about how they only received an allocation of just 1 Raptor. So they want a $5000 deposit for it and it will be probably $30k markup, but they haven't settled on the number yet.

But if I wanted, I could order any other trim Ranger and they would honor MSRP and no deposit.

I was very disappointed. They are a very high volume dealer. The story seems fishy about how they specifically know that in their allocations of Rangers only 1 can be a Raptor. They have always been great to work with in the past. My Maverick deal was flawless. I guess it's good they were upfront with me and they didn't pull shenanigans after the truck arrived.

I did consider a Lariat FX4. But once spec'ing out as well as possible, I am within just a few thousand of Raptor price. And that leaves me with the 2.3L and missing some major equipment/upgrades/aesthetics. Raptor is a huge value compared to Lariat after options.

I have purchased several vehicles from Mullinax Ford and sent them several customers. I think my relationship with them is probably through.

It makes no sense financially to purchase an FX4 Lariat. Raptor or bust. I may just hold on to my Maverick longer and consider something else than a Ranger for replacement.
They do only get 1 and probably didn't know that when they first talked to you.

On the first production run, every dealer gets 1 stock unit. No retail orders will be built and they get the 1 Raptor until after q4 allocation is determined. They did not lie about this.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Dealers putting in more than 1 order and putting in any retail orders are just trying to keep customers committed. As these orders are not going to be pulled in the first round and they have no idea if and when they will ever be built. But they have you committed to them.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Dealers putting in more than 1 order and putting in any retail orders are just trying to keep customers committed. As these orders are not going to be pulled in the first round and they have no idea if and when they will ever be built. But they have you committed to them.
I'm for sure extremely committed.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
There's no point in getting your appraisal done now for your f150 now. Production of any Ranger doesnt start until August.
If I can't get a decent price for my current truck there is no point in even considering the RR.

Mcflyranger

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Bronco Badlands
blows my mind that some dealers are getting away with 10-15k markups on the new Ranger
Called another reputable dealer this morning. They said 20k mark up and 5k non refundable deposit for their one allocated stock unit. No thanks. They did say msrp for any other 24 trim.
Sponsored