• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive. ETA 4/20/24

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Thanks !
I have very high-quality detail shop here locally that I use, that also does clear bra work and other stuff like that.

I am planning to have him professionally remove all those camo stickers, and add some clear protection to the nose and the windshield, same sort of stuff I had him do to my Bronco last year.

IMG_7410.jpeg
Thanks for sharing, love the clear sanitized look.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Good post. I will sanitize mine when it gets here. Don't like the Raptor decals including the standard one from factory. I hope it is not hard to remove all decals.

Told the salesman to save the plate frame with their dealers name, unless they pay me to advertise for them.
When i picked up an available allocation in late Feb, it had the $750 Raptor graphics and I was too late (build was already scheduled) to have the dealer change the order to remove it. I kinda like the graphics on my blue RR allocation but will decide after delivery if I want to do any removals. There is a custom shop near me that did some good work for me on another truck, so I plan to have them do some minor stuff and a bed topper or hard lid soon after I get it.
If more mechanically-inclined I could do some stuff myself but have decided to pay them for the work instead.

I already told the dealer that I don't want their plate brackets (same reason as you). I also told them to not slap their dealer sticker on the tailgate unless they want to pay me for advertising.

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I
When i picked up an available allocation in late Feb, it had the $750 Raptor graphics and I was too late (build was already scheduled) to have the dealer change the order to remove it. I kinda like the graphics on my blue RR allocation but will decide after delivery if I want to do any removals. There is a custom shop near me that did some good work for me on another truck, so I plan to have them do some minor stuff and a bed topper or hard lid soon after I get it.
If more mechanically-inclined I could do some stuff myself but have decided to pay them for the work instead.

I already told the dealer that I don't want their plate brackets (same reason as you). I also told them to not slap their dealer sticker on the tailgate unless they want to pay me for advertising.
I know I have the heat guns and stuff to remove them, just not sure I want to take the amount of time I think it might take to do so. Plus, I am thinking I want the clear bra protection film added anyway and that I know I would not be good at installing. LOL Figure might as well let a professional take care of it all in one shot.

If you go with the bed topper, are you planning to add these Ford recommended bed braces?
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 1711130976466-gc

ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Why Buy
Required when installing accessories extending above the load box side rail and weighing more than 88lb (40kg)

Details
These brackets have been developed by Ford to brace the floor to the wall of the load box to ensure that the off-road durability performance of the load box is maintained with the installation of load-bearing elevated accessories.
  • When installing accessories extending above the load box side rail and weighing more than 88lb (40kg) must have load box reinforcement brackets installed
  • Examples of these include service body, bed caps, ladder racks, carrier cross bars, load-bearing elevated accessories
  • These reinforcement brackets have been designed specifically for Ford Licensed Accessories and their suitability for use with any aftermarket (non-Ford Licensed) accessories will need to be determined by the aftermarket manufacturer or supplier
  • Dealer installation recommended

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
a little off-topic....Been getting a lot of follow-up emails, texts, and calls from dealers where I had previously inquired (spent around 4 days searching) about allocations. I reminded them I was only looking at RR. I did not tell them I have one (built?) waiting for shipping.
Two dealers mentioned they would keep me on the list and call if someone backs out....each mentioned that they are aware that some people may have more than one order/allocation at different dealers and plan on accepting the first one delivered to a dealer, so there may be availability.
A few also mentioned that sometimes after waiting so long, some buyers' family, work, or life/finance situation may have changed and they don't always complete their purchase.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
If you go with the bed topper, are you planning to add these Ford recommended bed braces?
Yes, ordered it and it will be installed at the dealer when it arrives.

Someone mentioned I could have used FordPass points instead, including those awarded with my purchase, but I did not think of that.

Sponsored

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Had a LEER topper on my Taco. While it is handy, but it sort of negate the utility of a pick up. Thinking about a powered bed cover.

The Taco has the dual standard Truck Vault. It served me well traveling across the country with weapons for competition shooting. But they took a lot of space. Maybe this time, I will get a single bed drawer on the passenger side to keep valuables, and weapons on the way to the elk camp in SW CO.

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered it and it will be installed at the dealer when it arrives.

Someone mentioned I could have used FordPass points instead, including those awarded with my purchase, but I did not think of that.
I need to figure out how to use those points myself. I am sure I have some from my Bronco purchase, I was planning to order the rubber bed mat. Mine has the spray in liner but I like putting in a rubber mat on top of the spray in liner to help keep stuff from sliding all around in the bed.

I was wondering about those braces, thought it was a bit odd when I saw them, why would something like that need to be added and dealer installed. Sort of thought a pickup should be built from the beginning to handle that sort of thing or sort of work related additional equipment.

I am waiting on mine to come in to get some measurements, I still have this rack and toolbox off my old Diesel Colorado, and if it measures out similar or will fit, I am thinking of putting it on my Ranger. I am hoping it fits. It's over 2 grand worth of stuff that I can get out of storage and put back to work.
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 IMG_4026.JPG

Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 IMG_4025.JPG
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 IMG_3552.JPG

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Most of the load box reinforcement videos I've seen include the creators asking why it isn't installed in all Rangers. Seems relatively easy to do, but you have to remove stuff and put it back in the wheel housings/liner. An AUS video even showed that they had to cut some metal on the bed support for fitment. Hope that is fixed for the USA RR's.

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In case anyone else is looking for detailed spec data on the Rangers.

Which I was researching the bed demission's trying to determine if I can use my rack and toolbox off my old Colorado, so I was needing detailed bed specs.

Here is a link to the detailed Body builder layout book which has many of the specs I was looking for.

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/900080518231221072524FINAL_2024MYRANGER_PP_20230515.pdf

Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 1711139525224-15

Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 1711139550298-z6

Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 1711139588213-ws

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am thinking I might be in luck and it might just fit.
Which means it is looking like I will be needing those $400 bed braces installed too.
That rack and toolbox is well over 100 lbs empty. With Tools in it looking more like 300lbs or there abouts.
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 1711139767094-e9

Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thanks, that is a great find. Now if we could get the 3D BIM model, one could render whatever customizations or graphics we want.

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a new update from chat today.

There has been a tracking update, and the ETA has moved out a bit. I show the status of your 2024 Ranger is Awaiting Shipment and Released at Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI. Your estimated time of arrival (ETA) is currently 4/24-4/30. The last status update was 2/25/24
What I found really off is that she said, last status update was 02/25 which I just spoke with ford CS chat on last Friday 03/22 and my ETA window was updated to 03/30-04/05. So how was it now showing a different date that was the original date that was entered back a month earlier.

MMMMMM, frustrating.

I want to believe it is still on track for 03/30-04/05 but only time will tell.

On the plus side, is that it is now awaiting rail shipment setting on Ramp 59.

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Todays chat update.
Thank you so much for holding. I see that your vehicle has been in awaiting shipment since 03/04/2024. The vehicle is completely built, but we are still waiting on the shipment to pick up the vehicle. It can be a delay with getting a shipment to pick up the vehicle, it just does not say certain if that is the cause regarding the vehicle not getting picked up just yet. The ETA date s between 04/24/2024-04/30/2024. Once any updated has been provided, you can also check your status online at https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

It does show that the order was updated on Mar-25-2024, but it still shows that the vehicle is still currently in awaiting shipment. Unfortunately, at this time, we are very limited with the information plant provide in the system. We do have one more team that also assist with new vehicle orders. Have you had a chance to speak with our Marketing team?
They gave me a marketing department number to call.

Perfect. The number to our Marketing team is 800-334-4375, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm est

Same info April 24-30 so I guess my truck ETA has been pushed back till end of April rather then this week I was first told my ETA would be.

I did find out or got a special private offer good for $750.00.

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Latest chat update: Still stuck at the dreaded Ramp 59 awaiting shippment.
Has to be the slowest Ramp in all of Ford.

Your vehicle is currently awaiting shipment, meaning the vehicle has been built, and we are arranging shipment to the selling dealer.

Bot WC said: It is in Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI. The ETA Is Apr-24-2024- Apr-30-2024.

MH
Bot WC said:

It is in Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI. The ETA Is Apr-24-2024- Apr-30-2024.

Bot WC said: You can also track your vehicle here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/Opens in a new window; external. One or more links in the message.

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my +30 offset Bronco SAS takeoff rims with Yokohama 295/70R17 tires and Ford TPMS sensors all mounted up today. Ready to go on the truck whenever it arrives.

Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_4441-jpe

Same Rims that came on my Bronco.
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7410-jpe

New black Ford center caps to replace the Bucking Bronco caps as well.

Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 1711568552980-ou-

Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 1711568636549-2o-
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7591-jpe
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7668-jpe
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7669-jpe
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7670-jpe
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7671-jpe
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7672-jpe
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7673-jpe
Ford Ranger I now have one located, deposit placed and now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  ETA 4/20/24 img_7674-jpe

Reactions: MJE