• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Unexpected Delays

Dipstick

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lincoln Nautilus, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just got this message from Ford. This pretty much puts me to a breaking point. Has anyone got this message??

We want to provide you with the latest update on your Ranger Raptor® vehicle order. We’ve made great progress on your new Ford vehicle but have unfortunately experienced unexpected delays.

Rest assured, our team is diligently addressing these challenges to complete your vehicle as soon as possible. We genuinely appreciate your understanding and patience during this time and will continue to provide regular updates every step of the way.
Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Just got this message from Ford. This pretty much puts me to a breaking point. Has anyone got this message??

I got this email on March 7, after my vehicle was built (but not confirmed on the tracker). 4 weeks later I was driving it on vacation.

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
Standard canned message that is sent to everyone waiting for their "built" truck to be shipped to meet their promise of communicating. Maybe acceptable after a few weeks of delay but, IMO, it is underwhelming for the loyal customers, many that lined up almost a year ago and placed orders and now have watched their assembled trucks sit for months waiting for unknown updates. All while recent orders are seemingly making it to dealers rather quickly. A perfect case where actions, or lack of, speak louder than words.

OP
OP
Dipstick

Dipstick

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lincoln Nautilus, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I got this email on March 7, after my vehicle was built (but not confirmed on the tracker). 4 weeks later I was driving it on vacation.
Thank you for sharing this. It is somewhat encouraging.

Sponsored

DavefromCA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 6MT (for now)
I’ve been watching this from afar, I’m not quite ready to buy yet, but holy smokes ford it’s 2024 and your MY 2024s are just hitting the dealers while your competitors are way ahead of you.
We can only trust that ford knew it was for the best and refused to release a product until it was ready

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
The delays have been frustrating, but I'm not sure the competition is too far ahead. I've seen 3 other '24 Rangers besides mine in the wild. I've yet to see a new Tacoma and can't say that seen too many of the GM twins running around either.

westopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger XLT w/ FX4, and four MINI Coopers
The delays have been frustrating, but I'm not sure the competition is too far ahead. I've seen 3 other '24 Rangers besides mine in the wild. I've yet to see a new Tacoma and can't say that seen too many of the GM twins running around either.
Could be, but I just visited the local Toyota dealer here over the weekend… Plenty of 2024 Tacoma stock ready to drive off the lot, but no GM product around I could find.

Ford and/or my dealer have about a week to give me a plausible answer on when my Ranger will be here, at which point they can shove it. Nearly a year of waiting and four months with the truck sitting in a Michigan parking lot are enough.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got tired of waiting for my 1/18 blend date to ship. Found a matching config in Atlanta GA, flew there friday morning and drove it 10 hours home that day. The day I flew out there was officially 3 months of my built truck sitting in a lot in Michigan.

Incredible truck I'm very impressed with it, unfortunately I had to take matters into my own hands to take ownership.
Sponsored