• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Wanted the 2.7 but Ordered a Raptor

OP
OP

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Interesting now it says summer for the 2.7. Hurry up and wait. Glad I got my Raptor in, but kinda bummed I didn’t put order in May when the banks opened up. My guess is getting my Ranger in 2024 is a pipe dream. Probably won’t get my Raptor order pulled for build and very few 2.7 rangers will make it to dealer lots. If anyone does get their order pulled make sure to buy a lotto ticket that day. 🫤
Sponsored

stemplar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E320 CDI
Wow summer that would push delivery to fall.
Why not wait until 2025 or look at the other offerings or just go 2.3
My trade in is sure not gaining value.
I’m not convinced that the first 2.7l rangers won’t be a 2025 model. Maybe if the date doesn’t get pushed back anymore, and “available” means available for delivery rather than available to order then maybe they’ll make a few 2024 rangers with the 2.7. But the way it looks now they’re already bumping up against the end of production for the 2024 model year with their current estimated availability.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I’m not convinced that the first 2.7l rangers won’t be a 2025 model. Maybe if the date doesn’t get pushed back anymore, and “available” means available for delivery rather than available to order then maybe they’ll make a few 2024 rangers with the 2.7. But the way it looks now they’re already bumping up against the end of production for the 2024 model year with their current estimated availability.
Totally agree with you

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I just read that the 2.7 available late summer and on dealers lots some time in the fall.
Well, if true that is a real bummer. Might as well be a 2025 model year.
Guess I am down to another brand or a 2.3 Ranger.

Last edited:

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
I just read that the 2.7 available late summer and on dealers lots some time in the fall.
Well, if true that is a real bummer. Might as well be a 2025 model year.
Guess I am down to another brand or a 2.3 Ranger.
^ I suspect 2025, with all the continued sourcing issues/quality and being a full redesign. I will look into trading my 22F150-Tremor in 2025 for a Ranger Lariat or Ranger Raptor. Raptor just to get a 3.0. Or Lariat lift and tune it. From what I seen on the bronco's not much of a difference in power between the 2.3 and 2.7. But the 3.0 is a beast, like the full size 3.5 !

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
^ I suspect 2025, with all the continued sourcing issues/quality and being a full redesign. I will look into trading my 22F150-Tremor in 2025 for a Ranger Lariat or Ranger Raptor. Raptor just to get a 3.0. Or Lariat lift and tune it. From what I seen on the bronco's not much of a difference in power between the 2.3 and 2.7. But the 3.0 is a beast, like the full size 3.5 !
The 2.3 is missing the low end torque the 2.7 has. The Raptor is great if you can find one at MSRP.
I just will not pay mark ups.

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
The 2.3 is missing the low end torque the 2.7 has. The Raptor is great if you can find one at MSRP.
I just will not pay mark ups.
^ If I can find a Raptor next year at MSRP, I would definitely get it. No way I would pay over MSRP either, EVER. Typically never pay anything close to MSRP - being I get A/Z plan. Raptors are not included, Took me several dealers last year just to get employee pricing for my TremorF150. They are such "Stealerships" Just how Ford is, I suspect none of us are going to see these new rangers for a long time.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
^ If I can find a Raptor next year at MSRP, I would definitely get it. No way I would pay over MSRP either, EVER. Typically never pay anything close to MSRP - being I get A/Z plan. Raptors are not included, Took me several dealers last year just to get employee pricing for my TremorF150. They are such "Stealerships" Just how Ford is, I suspect none of us are going to see these new rangers for a long time.
I have X Plan so I do not pay MSRP either but more than you with A/Z
Have Had a Ford truck since 1997 but may have to look at other brands if I want a mid size truck in 2024. Sad but as of late Ford just does not seem to have their act together.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
People seem to have short term memory loss. The 23 colorado/canyon was also delayed when those first came out. They also didn't have to deal with the strike.

Since day 1 of the NA Next gen ranger announcement people knew the 2.7 was going to be job 2 following job 1. That hasn't changed even now.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
People seem to have short term memory loss. The 23 colorado/canyon was also delayed when those first came out. They also didn't have to deal with the strike.

Since day 1 of the NA Next gen ranger announcement people knew the 2.7 was going to be job 2 following job 1. That hasn't changed even now.
And the strike has delayed everything by 8-10 weeks so as the saying goes "hurry up and wait".... :giggle:

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired

Yes but late Fall for 2.7 availability became late summer not late spring with hitting dealers lots in late fall. There are those who will not be waiting that long or can not wait that long. Will this be as bad as the Bronco debacle. Only time will tell. Having to wait till say late August to order the 2.7 is lets just say wait till 2025.
I get waiting I have ordered every truck starting with my 1997 F150 that was a 4 month wait as most have been.
The question will become how long is too long.

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
I have X Plan so I do not pay MSRP either but more than you with A/Z
Have Had a Ford truck since 1997 but may have to look at other brands if I want a mid size truck in 2024. Sad but as of late Ford just does not seem to have their act together.
^ that's cool. Crazy how people will pay over MSRP though. I am cool waiting until 2025 for one. My 22-F150tremor is good for now :). The Ranger though is nicer than Tacoma and Colorado. The new design will be 4ft between the wheel wells which the other mid size trucks cannot do !

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
^ that's cool. Crazy how people will pay over MSRP though. I am cool waiting until 2025 for one. My 22-F150tremor is good for now :). The Ranger though is nicer than Tacoma and Colorado. The new design will be 4ft between the wheel wells which the other mid size trucks cannot do !
I bet you’ll be glad to get some turning radius back. I test drove a Tremor a month ago and that thing is a BOAT.

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
I bet you’ll be glad to get some turning radius back. I test drove a Tremor a month ago and that thing is a BOAT.
^ true, I leveled my tremor and it is a big truck ( not as crazy big as the 250's ). I just need the 4ft between the wheel wells mostly for work, not really a full size truck. Be nice to see them on the road sometime in 2024, and to be able to order a 2025 will be cool
Sponsored