• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Wanted the 2.7 but Ordered a Raptor

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Well I got tired of waiting on the 2.7 engine to become available to order and ended up putting my hat in the pile for a Raptor last week. The 2.7 won’t be available to order for another few months according to my dealer. So with all that said, I plan on putting an order in for a 2.7 XLT once it’s available to order. Anyone else doing the same thing?

I figured I have no chance in hell getting a raptor since the demand is high so figured I would do 2 Ranger orders and see what comes first.

My guess is the XLT shows up first and the Raptor won’t be built or get order pulled.
Sponsored

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
I'm in the same boat. I got my Raptor ordered the day the banks opened. I'll order a 2.7L when they're offered and add the ORV package when it's available.

I'd bet the 2.7 ORV is ready before the Raptor gets built 🤷

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
the raptor will be much better. Im really satisfied with it. Take care

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I'm in the same boat. I got my Raptor ordered the day the banks opened. I'll order a 2.7L when they're offered and add the ORV package when it's available.

I'd bet the 2.7 ORV is ready before the Raptor gets built 🤷
I'm in the same boat. I really don't need any more off road ability than an FX4 would offer, but I didn't want another 2.3 (although I may) and the more I read about the Raptor needing premium fuel @ 14.5mpg I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I wanted to order the 2.7 initially but it wasn't available and I figured that there was no way I'd get to November without the truck, or at least a scheduled truck. I have the 2.7 in my F150 and it's very peppy in that big truck. In the Ranger it should be awesome. Heck, even my 2019 Ranger with the 2.3 was quick. My F150 also averages about 21mpg combined with 87 Octane, so it would probably be better in the Ranger. If the 2.7 comes available before my Raptor is scheduled, I may change my retail order. I can't imagine there will be a shortage of 2.7s since they use it in so many other vehicles. I' figure it will come available as soon as they balance out 2023 F150 and Bronco.

OP
OP

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Wait and see. I wonder how many Raptor orders were even submitted? My dealer only had one and that was me. 😂

Slim chance I will even get order pulled since I submitted mine just last week. The 2.7 in my Bronco rocks with the ford tune.

Sponsored

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
The 2.7 won't be around until late winter/spring now. It was mentioned in one of the threads on this forum.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I'm in the same boat. I really don't need any more off road ability than an FX4 would offer, but I didn't want another 2.3 (although I may) and the more I read about the Raptor needing premium fuel @ 14.5mpg I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I wanted to order the 2.7 initially but it wasn't available and I figured that there was no way I'd get to November without the truck, or at least a scheduled truck. I have the 2.7 in my F150 and it's very peppy in that big truck. In the Ranger it should be awesome. Heck, even my 2019 Ranger with the 2.3 was quick. My F150 also averages about 21mpg combined with 87 Octane, so it would probably be better in the Ranger. If the 2.7 comes available before my Raptor is scheduled, I may change my retail order. I can't imagine there will be a shortage of 2.7s since they use it in so many other vehicles. I' figure it will come available as soon as they balance out 2023 F150 and Bronco.
The 3.0 doesn’t explicitly require premium. It will run fine on 87. You only need premium if you want the full envelope of the engine.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
The 2.7 won't be around until late winter/spring now. It was mentioned in one of the threads on this forum.
That thread was more of an assumption than a fact. I guess we'll see, but there was a reason they were waiting on the 2.7 and it had to be how many engines were allocated to other platforms. Also, the engine plants did not shut down so they probably have a bunch of 2.7s. One can only hope, but the Raptor may schedule as well.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
As far as I can tell, the reasons I'd prefer the Raptor are the Full-Time 4x4 and the front locker. I think those are the two features that would tempt me to stay Raptor over an ORV

The FX4 has everything else I'd want though.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
That thread was more of an assumption than a fact. I guess we'll see, but there was a reason they were waiting on the 2.7 and it had to be how many engines were allocated to other platforms. Also, the engine plants did not shut down so they probably have a bunch of 2.7s. One can only hope, but the Raptor may schedule as well.
The web page was already updated to say Late winter availability for the 2.7l prior to the strike. Given the delays, job 2 will definitely be early spring now.

Sponsored

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
How did you order a Raptor ? I reached out to a few local Ford dealers. They said if they even get one it would be $5K-10K+ over MSRP. what a bunch of crap. Would love to trade my 2022 F150-Tremor in for a Ranger Raptor. It appears to be a perfect truck.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
How did you order a Raptor ? I reached out to a few local Ford dealers. They said if they even get one it would be $5K-10K+ over MSRP. what a bunch of crap. Would love to trade my 2022 F150-Tremor in for a Ranger Raptor. It appears to be a perfect truck.
I actually have 2 orders. A stock order that I put in in June, and the retail order I put it in August with a different dealership. both were for MSRP. None of them are scheduled.

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
I actually have 2 orders. A stock order that I put in in June, and the retail order I put it in August with a different dealership. both were for MSRP. None of them are scheduled.
Good for you! hope it comes through. Tough to find good dealers when special vehicles are involved. Thankfully last October I was able to get what I wanted on my trade and a 22-F150 Tremor at A-plan pricing. I will keep searching, if not I will just hold onto my f150. The Ranger Raptor at MSRP is surely worth it, just not over MSRP

stemplar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E320 CDI
The web page was already updated to say Late winter availability for the 2.7l prior to the strike. Given the delays, job 2 will definitely be early spring now.
I saw a week or two (after the strike was tentatively settled) that anticipated availability was moved to spring of 2024. I just went to look for the link to share and it’s now saying summer of 2024 View attachment 40497 View attachment 40497

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Wow summer that would push delivery to fall.
Why not wait until 2025 or look at the other offerings or just go 2.3
My trade in is sure not gaining value.
Sponsored