• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I have already tinted my windows (5% back and sides, 20% front) and I've added underglow and wheel lights to my Ranger Raptor Next Gen.
Ik still waiting for the following mods to arrive:
- electric side step
- electric roller bed cover
- sports bar
- roofrack with led bar to the front
- wheel spacers
- front lift to level the truck
Are electric side steps expensive? I think they look pretty good on the Raptor. Also, are they strong enough to act as a rock slider when they're in the up position?
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Are electric side steps expensive? I think they look pretty good on the Raptor. Also, are they strong enough to act as a rock slider when they're in the up position?
Only one company I know of claims to be able to use them as rock sliders.

https://rockslideengineering.com/

If you don’t care about rock slides, GoRhino’s dual motor steps are less than $2000 if you install them yourself.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Window tinting. Dark is as legal because it's hotter than satan's ass crack here. That's probably it though.

oh ya eventual hard top tonneau cover

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Window tinting. Dark is as legal because it's hotter than satan's ass crack here. That's probably it though.

oh ya eventual hard top tonneau cover
I'm a firm believer in ceramic tint. It's well worth the money. It blocks way more heat and it doesn't even have to be dark because it's actually blocking UV.

Deleted member 6764

I'm a firm believer in ceramic tint. It's well worth the money. It blocks way more heat and it doesn't even have to be dark because it's actually blocking UV.
On this note, windshields, because they are laminated, already block most UV. I think I saw somewhere most modern windshields block 95-98% of UVA. Side windows though block less UVA because they are just tempered. Both block UVB well.

So you could improve it with a coating, but it helps much more on the sides than the windshield.
Sponsored