• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why are you waiting for a 2023 Ranger instead of buying a current model mid-size truck?

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I bought a Bronco First Edition…but also have a deposit in for a Ranger Raptor.

The Bronco is great and, in my opinion, leaps and bounds ahead of a Wrangler.

However, for me, it wasn’t practical. Not a flat back seat when the seats are down. It’s loud. I could go on. Sure, you can take the top off…but past that, I didn’t see much value…for me. With that said, the big driver was $$$$. I could make nearly $25,000 if I sold it…so I did…8 days later.

I have my name on a Bronco Raptor and a Ranger Raptor. I think a Ranger Raptor will tick all the boxes for me. We shall see. I will continue to drive my crummy company car…until I find the right vehicle.
That's my biggest regret with waiting for the Bronco I wanted and not just ordering the Bronco I could get. At this point, if I get what I wanted it will be a 2023 Bronco. I should have taken what I could get and sold it for profit, and still had the ability to order what I wanted.
Sponsored

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
I haVE A 2019 xlt FX4 love it, just want an updated interior, and I'd love a hybrid version for my short stop and go commute.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I haVE A 2019 xlt FX4 love it, just want an updated interior, and I'd love a hybrid version for my short stop and go commute.
We can only hope that by the time a PHEV Ranger is ready to be release a few things align. Supply Chain, Wayne Plant is running at full capacity with no interruptions, markets stabilize and we can purchase a PHEV in a timely manner at a reasonable price. Not too happy seeing Broncos going for $70 K USD at auctions.

Pugster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3, 2014 F150
Had a deposit down for a Rivian R1T. Don't drive the current F150 enough to justify spending that kind of money on another truck. Really hoping they drop a PHEV Ranger, it should tick off all of the boxes needed for significantly less than we were ready to spend on the Rivian. For our use case (in town use but also camping / fishing / hunting a fair distance away from towns) a PHEV may just be the perfect solution.

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F350 6.7L; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Ranger Raptor checks off all the boxes:
* On and off road performance
* More cargo capacity than the baby Bronco
* Can go where Jeeps go (F150 Raptor and full-size pickups are too wide for most trails)

Just make the Ranger Raptor with 37's like the Bronco and watch the sales numbers jump!

Sponsored

Ranger4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota Hilux 4x4 2015 4Runner TRD PRO
My main vehicle is my 2015 4Runner. I'm currently at 240,000 miles and put on about 40,000+ miles per year so....
I'll set my goal to hit 300,000 miles before I get the 2023 Ranger.
The current Tacoma is a lazy dog and very uncomfortable, the new Tundra surprisingly is having issues already (waste gate issues) and is a very large vehicle. Almost as long as the Sierra AT4! The Gladiator just isn't comfortable for how many miles I put on.
I don't need a full sized so I'll wait for the 2023 Ranger. Hoping it arrives sooner than later!

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I am waiting for something that gets good MPG, like a hybrid since I do not tow much just want something to haul occasionally. Plus all the rear seats are terrible in mid size.

GM, better rear seat room and MPG
Ford - Current Ranger rear seat room and MPG. The I plan to purchase in about a year, and the Maverick Hybrid is at the top of my list, but would prefer something a little larger overall if something else comes out before I purchase
Tacoma - Terrible rear seat & MPG and just overall don't like it. Hoping the new one will fix these issues and it will be towards top of list
Jeep- just not a fan of the interior much
Ridgeline - I like the concept a lot, but don't like the interior much especially the fold up arm rests instead of a center console
Frontier - no improvement to rear seat and MPG

Ideally I want to see a midsize truck with 38+ inches of rear legroom, and a hybrid. Hopefully next year at this time I will have 2-3 options. I expect the Ranger, Tacoma, and Maverick to be my choices.

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F350 6.7L; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
I am waiting for something that gets good MPG, like a hybrid since I do not tow much just want something to haul occasionally. Plus all the rear seats are terrible in mid size.

GM, better rear seat room and MPG
Ford - Current Ranger rear seat room and MPG. The I plan to purchase in about a year, and the Maverick Hybrid is at the top of my list, but would prefer something a little larger overall if something else comes out before I purchase
Tacoma - Terrible rear seat & MPG and just overall don't like it. Hoping the new one will fix these issues and it will be towards top of list
Jeep- just not a fan of the interior much
Ridgeline - I like the concept a lot, but don't like the interior much especially the fold up arm rests instead of a center console
Frontier - no improvement to rear seat and MPG

Ideally I want to see a midsize truck with 38+ inches of rear legroom, and a hybrid. Hopefully next year at this time I will have 2-3 options. I expect the Ranger, Tacoma, and Maverick to be my choices.

I can't imagine the Maverick being considered as an alternative to the Ranger, Tacoma and Jeep Gladiator. If that works for you, great, but that trucklet is not in the same class.

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I can't imagine the Maverick being considered as an alternative to the Ranger, Tacoma and Jeep Gladiator. If that works for you, great, but that trucklet is not in the same class.
That is the point, It may not be in the same class, but when it has more rear legroom than the current Ranger and Tacoma, I value that more than towing spec's. They are wider (actually Tacoma is not that much bigger than Maverick) but interior room is not there. Gladiator is the exception but it does not appeal to me.

Sponsored

MustangMech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
That is the point, It may not be in the same class, but when it has more rear legroom than the current Ranger and Tacoma, I value that more than towing spec's. They are wider (actually Tacoma is not that much bigger than Maverick) but interior room is not there. Gladiator is the exception but it does not appeal to me.
I think people love or hate the Gladiator, very polarizing!

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 OBS 7.3, 06 TJ
I love mine

Gladiator Goldfield - 3.jpeg
It's a shame they don't offer a gladiator with an extended cab to have more bed space. Everything else about the Gladiator is pretty awesome, and great aftermarket support. To me the 4 doors is the turnoff and the big plus for a Ranger. Not everyone needs or wants big back seats.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F-150
I'm one of those stuck in Bronco purgatory. With Ford BS new allocation formula it looks as if mine may be a '24 build. So, I wait. With all the crap going on with this launch the bloom has fallen off the Bronco rose for me. After I saw the new Ranger I thought well, maybe Ford will take my money for one of those. If I haven't heard any good news about my Bronco by the time the order banks open for this Ranger, I may just order one. I've never seen a company make it so hard for me to buy one of their products.
Sponsored