• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why are you waiting for a 2023 Ranger instead of buying a current model mid-size truck?

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
So is the sealed unit cooled by engine coolant and/or engine oil or does it use some type of special internal cooling lubricant similar to some superchargers?
Supposedly it uses the engine cooling system. But again I can't find any specific information on it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to see it soon enough.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Kristian87uk

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
I'm not exactly waiting, nor am I a truck guy (yet), but I've fallen in love with the 2023 Ranger. A bit of a big deal for the UK, as we miss a lot of the American Ford trucks that I love - I've wanted a classic for a long time (50's F100), and have always been a fan of the last few generations of the F150. The ranger is the closest we get to that, and despite liking the 5th gen, I've never been 100% sold on it. Different story for the 2023 model though, it's on another level in terms of its appeal. Always been a Ford guy, all 6 cars I've owned have been Fords and currently have a 6th gen Mustang GT - 2017.

Not sure yet how this will pan out, just know that I'm really really keen to get one! I was a crazy early adopter of the RHD Mustang, so I'm well up for doing the same with a 6g Ranger, but we'll see.

Looking forward to learning all things Ford Truck and becoming an owner.

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor, 2019 Ford Fiesta St
Occupation
Project Manager
I have a 1st gen F150 Raptor that I have owned for several years. Although it is an amazing truck, it does have several annoyances like being unable to fit in my garage, sucks down gallons of fuel and is a pain to park in a lot of parking lots.

the Raptor Ranger looks like it would be a great replacement and will address some of the things that I find annoying about my Raptor. The performance sets it apart from other trucks.

really looking forward to getting my hands on one

stetson

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I have a 1st gen F150 Raptor that I have owned for several years. Although it is an amazing truck, it does have several annoyances like being unable to fit in my garage, sucks down gallons of fuel and is a pain to park in a lot of parking lots.

the Raptor Ranger looks like it would be a great replacement and will address some of the things that I find annoying about my Raptor. The performance sets it apart from other trucks.

really looking forward to getting my hands on one

stetson
Those are really good points. The Ranger Raptor should not be excessively tall or wide. I am glad the Ranger Raptor followed big brother with the beautiful body panels. I do not know why Ford did not create good looking body work on the Bronco Raptor. The Bronco with its huge flares seems to be a rushed lazy design.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Those are really good points. The Ranger Raptor should not be excessively tall or wide. I am glad the Ranger Raptor followed big brother with the beautiful body panels. I do not know why Ford did not create good looking body work on the Bronco Raptor. The Bronco with its huge flares seems to be a rushed lazy design.
Ford officially announced the return of the Bronco in Jan, 2017 at the NAIAS so I guess "rushed" is a relative term.

I just wish they had used a fender flare design more reminiscent of those used on the original 66-77 Broncos. After all, they did say that was the era of Bronco they used for inspiration. I'm not a big fan of the rounded design flares on the non-Raptor versions either. Looks too tacked on and doesn't blend well with the rest of the body. Kinda like the old aftermarket rubber thingies from JC Whitney.

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Completely agree. I had thought the Bronco Raptor would have come with body panels closer to the factory race Bronco. I didn't necessarily expect them to completely cover the tires with the body panels, but I certainly didn't expect them to just slap on some giant plastic flares. Those flares alone would prevent me from buying.

Reactions: Doc

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Why I'm waiting for a 2023: I'm not, current 5g Ranger owner- 2020 XLT sport in magnetic
Why I'll be getting a 2023: literally because I've wanted a dark green pickup truck since I was a little kid and I have my fingers crossed for eruption green (or whatever the green on the bronco is called). I'll drive into my dealer with the tires smoking if that's the case.

Frosty 2019

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
My 2019 4x4 ranger will outrun most trucks on the road. It is the fastest midsize truck. I beat a Colorado and a Tacoma, and a Camero. My 0-60 is 7, my 0-100 is 9. No interest in a new one, no electric one!

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
My 2019 4x4 ranger will outrun most trucks on the road. It is the fastest midsize truck. I beat a Colorado and a Tacoma, and a Camero. My 0-60 is 7, my 0-100 is 9. No interest in a new one, no electric one!
Even though an electric one will likely be even faster and more powerful?

OP
OP

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Even though an electric one will likely be even faster and more powerful?
with replacement batteries that cost 23k to replace. No thanks. The Mach E replacement is $23,400.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mjet777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 limited
Occupation
Business owner CBD
Why are you waiting for a 2023 Ranger instead of buying a current model mid-size truck?

All new full refresh with better tech. Bigger / better engine doesn't hurt (Raptor) ! Current gen is too dated imo. Especially coming from a 2020 ram limited to the current gen ranger.

zainwulf

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X, 2021 Tesla Model Y
with replacement batteries that cost 23k to replace. No thanks. The Mach E replacement is $23,400.
You realize that you're just as likely to replace an engine as a powertrain battery, right? Also batteries like that typically have extended warranties for up to 10 years from the factory. I really don't think that's something you should worry about.

Besides, you'd be more likely to have failures in the electric drive motor(s) or the main fuse than the battery itself.

zainwulf

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Personally, I'm interested in the 2023 Ranger for a number of reasons. There are way too many Tacomas doing what I do, and I want to stand out from that crowd. I'm not a fan of the Colorado design (specifically the bubbly interior), and I really don't want a Chevy. The new Frontier is nice, but is second to the upcoming Ranger due to tech, off-road features and options, and design.

The biggest selling points are more power (in either the Raptor or the 2.7L) and if the bed dimensions are the same as the current Ranger. I'm taking delivery of an AT Habitat camper in July, and the dimensions are shared between the current Ranger and D40 Frontier.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Hot off the press... no 2023 Tacoma!! Will be 2024 or later per Autoblog... lost the link though haha

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I couldn't wait... I just found a good deal on a new '22, (XLT Supercab with 302A, towing, and locking diff packages).

Amid a majority of local dealers still blatantly jacking up prices over MSRP, I found one still willing to accept X-plan pricing. And, it didn't have "Dynacote" or any other stupid dealer added options.
Although they did add in real WeatherTech FloorLiners, but at a cost below what I would have ordered them for.

I may be wrong, but with idiotic government policies helping drive up the price of everything, China locking down more regions, and rising interest rates I'm viewing this as something of an insurance policy. I'm thinking the US 6G would likely be delayed if any supply shortages still exist that could threaten a successful ROTW launch.

Plus I'm getting about 5-6 mpg better than my '08.
Sponsored