• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why No US Ranger Ranger Release at LA Auto Show?

dshandy

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS300
With the Ranger Raptor running at Baja beginning tomorrow and the LA Auto Show happening at the same time, wouldn't it make sense for a US release to happen here? Just my thoughts, I know things are delayed, but are we looking at Chicago in February of next year?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The Ranger is losing its advantage of being released early over Chevy and Toyota. Nissan's timing on the Frontier release was smart.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Not green enough?

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Next week will be a year since the rest of the world got to see their Ranger unveiled (11/24/21). Come on already… how much different can the NA Ranger be??? I’m guessing they are keeping it under wraps as long as they can to limit Toyota’s time to “one up” them with the next gen Tacoma? Plus their assembly line is busy trying to catch up production of the Bronco. No need to have 2 vehicles they can’t produce fast enough to meet demand.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Next week will be a year since the rest of the world got to see their Ranger unveiled (11/24/21). Come on already… how much different can the NA Ranger be??? I’m guessing they are keeping it under wraps as long as they can to limit Toyota’s time to “one up” them with the next gen Tacoma? Plus their assembly line is busy trying to catch up production of the Bronco. No need to have 2 vehicles they can’t produce fast enough to meet demand.
totally agree with the point bolded above ^^, in fact made it myself here. I'm not looking at this so much as timing for advantages against anticipated competitor releases as I am thinking FORD is in financial survival mode and needing to make all spending count. They decided to do a full 2023 Ranger model year production run- what would we expect to happen to sales of the current model as soon as the 6G details are released and pressed for timelines on production? They'd dry up quick! A lot of people (including me) are anxiously awaiting details of the 2024 and holding off on other purchases until they learn more about the 6G meeting their needs/expectations or not. Ford needs to take delivery of all vendor shipments and build all possible units before writing off the 2023 model and expected sales/profits/charges that all affect the bottom line.

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I also wonder if the supply shortages are causing some delay. Ford has had enough bad press in recent years, they may be trying to avoid bad releases like the Bronco and Maverick by awaiting confirmation on part supplies.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I also wonder if the supply shortages are causing some delay. Ford has had enough bad press in recent years, they may be trying to avoid bad releases like the Bronco and Maverick by awaiting confirmation on part supplies.
Exactly 👍

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Today is the one year anniversary of the 6G Ranger unveiling. Too bad the largest truck market in the world is still left in the dark with regards to our variant of the 6G Ranger.

Anyhow…. Wishing everyone here a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Today is the one year anniversary of the 6G Ranger unveiling. Too bad the largest truck market in the world is still left in the dark with regards to our variant of the 6G Ranger.

Anyhow…. Wishing everyone here a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!
I know it's frustrating, but... are we REALLY in the dark as to what will be different on our version? You, me and some others are really just waiting on a few specific details related to our own personal needs/desires for certain configurations, right? To me, I like 90% what I see and read coming from Aus reports and articles. I just need to confirm SCab with 6' bed and rear seat delete options to investigate further. If yes on those, I'll wait until I can get a test drive to nail down yes/no if it works for me. If not, oh well, I got a 2022 Maverick that checks most the boxes to go along with a 2018 F-150, Jeep Grand Cherokee and a couple trailers to fill in the blanks and won't be shopping anymore :wink:

A little food for thought on comparing process to get the Maverick vs. where we stand on NA 6G Ranger: Maverick was rumored with lots of spy photos, etc. from about 4th Q 2020 but Ford was silent. Reveal happened on-line only June 8, 2021 and "Reservations" opened followed by actual orders. Production began Sept 2021. I ordered (after completing all due diligence including test drives) Dec 15,2021 and finally received Nov 2022. IMO, we're way ahead of that schedule for Ranger 6G as we already know it's real and a lot about the ROW versions and also Ford has committed to its reveal and production in 2023. I'm expecting a much smoother, timely production & delivery experience on this 1 as it'll be built in USA and supply chains should be in much better shape in 6 months. Thinking positive here :like:

Happy Thanksgiving to all 🍗🥔🥐🌽🥧🥂🍻

Halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Fire Department
This doesn't seem surprising at all. It's not an all new model, it's a refresh and upgrade to an existing platform. It's a long way from beginning production and there are probably few examples stateside that would be worth displaying. The plant is still in full catch-up mode for Bronco, and is still making current gen Rangers, and when it comes time to stop or slow production there to prepare for production of the 6G model, that down time equals lost revenue, so it will be as close to model release as possible. Nissan didn't show the current gen Frontier until the year prior to sales launch - exactly the same scenario - and it didn't hurt sales a bit. I doubt there are any truck enthusiasts out there that aren't able to get a pretty solid feel for what the NA 6G Ranger will offer, and either they will wait or buy what's out there now. The rest of the consumers only see and care about what's available right now and having a show model would do little to impact sales. There's a reason so many manufacturers skipped the show tour this year - given the current inventory vs demand scenario, the investment isn't worth the return. For most consumers, auto shows don't drive sales the way they used to. YouTube reviews impact sales more.
Sponsored