• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Will the Ranger Raptor fit on one side of a standard 2 car garage?

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
You guys are doing it all wrong.

You build a garage for a Ranger, not buy a Ranger for a garage. And make sure you do sliding barn doors for G factor.

Bespoke.

IMG_20221211_080354.jpg
He's going to regret every decision he's ever made as soon as he upgrades to a new Ranger with a wider track.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
He's going to regret every decision he's ever made as soon as he upgrades to a new Ranger with a wider track.
Not really (this is my garage). My truck has 0+ offset wheels putting me 4" wider than stock. An absolute worst case scenario the decking boards on either side just need to be trimmed back as there is about 2" overhang on them on each side. Catastrophic counter-measures just involve trimming back the decking frame the required amount.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Not really (this is my garage). My truck has 0+ offset wheels putting me 4" wider than stock. An absolute worst case scenario the decking boards on either side just need to be trimmed back as there is about 2" overhang on them on each side. Catastrophic counter-measures just involve trimming back the decking frame the required amount.
I was just joking because the fit was so good. It really is a nice looking garage.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I was just joking because the fit was so good. It really is a nice looking garage.
Thanks. I actually did most of it in wood trying to be a cheapskate and not put concrete down, but I've learned I prefer it.

I also added a bit of visual cheat code to backing in when I was putting it all together. Its on a wireless outlet and I keep the fob to activate them in the truck. The strips are installed under the overhang of the decking and I use the light bouncing off tires as the visual guidance.

Made this for fun a few years back

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
You guys are doing it all wrong.

You build a garage for a Ranger, not buy a Ranger for a garage. And make sure you do sliding barn doors for G factor.

Bespoke.

IMG_20221211_080354.jpg
So you went to the parts store and they asked you which off road light you wanted and you must have said “Give me everything you have”.

At some point please post some pictures of how much light that throws. It must be day light. I bet you can spotlight a deer from two counties over.

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
So you went to the hospital arts store and they asked you which off road light you wanted and you must have said “Give me everything you have”.

At some point please post some pictures of how much light that throws. It must be day light. I bet you can spotlight a deer from two counties over.

That is actually an old setup. I did it for fun for nostalgia throw back reasons, they were all Hella halogens. Plenty of light? Yes, but technology limitations due to being halogen.

Right now I run more modern LEDs, only 6 of them. But yes, I can burn your retinas a mile out.

Ford Ranger Will the Ranger Raptor fit on one side of a standard 2 car garage? IMG_20230407_101427

Ford Ranger Will the Ranger Raptor fit on one side of a standard 2 car garage? 1688416959207

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
That is actually an old setup. I did it for fun for nostalgia throw back reasons, they were all Hella halogens. Plenty of light? Yes, but technology limitations due to being halogen.

Right now I run more modern LEDs, only 6 of them. But yes, I can burn your retinas a mile out.

IMG_20230407_101427.jpg

1688416959207.png

Wouldn't want to be a deer in the headlights :like:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
My 5G fit great in a 2 car garage. The Raptor is about the same length but like 3 inches wider I believe. One thing I noticed is that from mirror to mirror, it's very close in width to the 5G, its just that the fenders flare out more but not wider than the mirrors.

With that said, it should be fine without having to fold in the mirrors. I did not have to fold in my 5G mirrors.
Good, my 5G fits, probably without folding my mirrors (another reason I got a Lariat), but since its just a button away I always fold. Today I got in, not a straight shot, without triggering sensors, has happened about 10 times in 4 years. :) Not worried about length.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Last edited:

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
Ok what about a single car garage, will it fit? Width is the issue not depth in my case

Sponsored

Labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Enterprise Architect
Last edited:

Deleted member 6764

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
got to get home from the tavern somehow
Never said I was drinking at the tavern....and it only 1/2 mile from home. I judge my parking by how many beeps the truck sounds. I four years I have made maybe 20-30 "clean" entries :)

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Brought 6g Olaf home last week and left 5g Pepper at the dealership. I tool some pics in the garage, it fits basically the same as the 5g. I think the front end is closer to the front bc I didn't change the parking stops on the floor. They claim the front axle is more forward than the old truck but I don't understand how the front end seems closer. It sure seems higher than my 5g. Looks like an old F150 size!! My wife said "I don't think that thing is going to fit in there"...go ahead, have fun with that one...I almost never fold the mirrors and didn't even know there was a setting to do that automatically...
The middle pic was taken just to show that my old 5g Gator bed cover fits perfectly. Just need to glue the front bed seal back on, I stripped it from my 2019....

Ford Ranger Will the Ranger Raptor fit on one side of a standard 2 car garage? 20240329_155622

Ford Ranger Will the Ranger Raptor fit on one side of a standard 2 car garage? 20240329_155726

Ford Ranger Will the Ranger Raptor fit on one side of a standard 2 car garage? 20240329_155633