Sponsored

Would you buy a fitted insert for this wasted dash cubby? 2024+ Ranger

Which version would you actually consider buying?


  • Total voters
    14

YeahNahRaptor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
61
Reaction score
24
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I’ve always thought the small cubby above the headlight controls on the driver’s side was kind of wasted space.

I’m working on a 3D-printed insert designed specifically for this area. The plan is for it to fill the entire opening, sit almost flush with the surrounding trim, and look as OEM as possible rather than like something stuck into the pocket.

I’m currently developing a version that hides a Kicker CXARC bass controller behind the panel, leaving only the knob visible.

Once the basic cubby geometry is finished, it would be easy to make different versions using the same factory-fit housing. Ideas so far:

  • Coin organizer with removable rubber/TPU anti-slip liner
  • Kicker bass knob flush mount
  • Other bass-controller versions
  • USB-C / USB charging
  • AUX switch panel
  • Voltage/gauge mount
  • Card/toll-pass holder
  • Small storage tray with rubber liner
  • Blank OEM-style panel
  • Custom configurations

The plan would be heat-resistant material such as ASA, not PLA, with an OEM-style black texture.

Before I spend the money on scan data and printing equipment, I’m curious whether other Ranger owners would actually want these.

What would you use this space for?

Concept illustration only:
The image below shows possible designs, not finished or tested products. Fit, materials, finish and functionality still need to be validated.

Ford Ranger Would you buy a fitted insert for this wasted dash cubby? 2024+ Ranger 891BD8A0-C22F-47F6-9F53-6359B421CA7A
Sponsored

 

Intercontinental_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
183
Reaction score
398
Location
Cambridge
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Crisis Cowboy
This is awesome!

I’m definitely interested in the voltage gauge and/or the aux switch version.

Consider mirroring the model for the other side, for those of us without the advanced trailer tow package controls

Would pay a bit extra for a 20-30% gyroidal infill too!
 
OP
OP
YeahNahRaptor

YeahNahRaptor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
61
Reaction score
24
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
This is awesome!

I’m definitely interested in the voltage gauge and/or the aux switch version.

Consider mirroring the model for the other side, for those of us without the advanced trailer tow package controls

Would pay a bit extra for a 20-30% gyroidal infill too!
Thanks — this is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for.

The voltage gauge and AUX-switch versions are definitely on the list once I get the base cubby geometry finalized.

The mirrored version for the opposite side is a really good idea too. I’m going to look into whether that side uses the same mirrored geometry on trucks without the advanced trailer-tow controls.

For construction, I’m planning on using a heat-resistant material like ASA and focusing on proper wall thickness, fit and strength. I’ll test different infill patterns too, including gyroid, before settling on the final production setup.

Appreciate the input — keep the ideas coming.
 

Sponsored

NM Mike

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
354
Reaction score
612
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
25 Ranger XLT FX4. 99 Superduty XLT Powerstroke 4X4, 71 F250 custom 4x4
There are several good options. Just a thought, I believe that this cubby/space is the same on raptor/lariat/xlt/xl models. Your concept illustration labels this as for the ranger raptor models. You might want to drop the raptor part, so you don’t inadvertently lose out from non raptor ranger owners.
 
OP
OP
YeahNahRaptor

YeahNahRaptor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
61
Reaction score
24
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
There are several good options. Just a thought, I believe that this cubby/space is the same on raptor/lariat/xlt/xl models. Your concept illustration labels this as for the ranger raptor models. You might want to drop the raptor part, so you don’t inadvertently lose out from non raptor ranger owners.
Good point, Mike—thanks! I’m developing it around my Raptor, which is why the concept image says that, but I’d definitely like to include XL, XLT and Lariat owners too.

I’ll update the wording. Before offering anything for sale, I’ll confirm fit across the trims rather than assume they’re identical. Feedback from all Ranger owners is welcome 👍
 

NM Mike

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
354
Reaction score
612
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
25 Ranger XLT FX4. 99 Superduty XLT Powerstroke 4X4, 71 F250 custom 4x4
The accessories switches panel would be sweet for us non raptor owners. You raptor guys get several factory switches. For the other trims, we have to get creative to add switches, or spend entirely too much for the ford switches.
 

STEVE_K

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
216
Reaction score
282
Location
Snohomish, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor, 2003 Jeep Wranger SE TJ, 2001 Subaru Forester
Some cool ideas! I like the card holder, would be useful for the couple coffee shacks I hit up. Might even be able to add Raptor, XLT, and stuff like that to it as well.

Will be watching to see what comes of this!
 

b-smi91

Well-Known Member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
56
Reaction score
39
Location
Pittsburgh area Ford Dealer
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L, 2025 Ford Ranger, 2.7L, 2023 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ford Technician
Can never have enough USB charging ports. Aux switch options would be useful too.
Sponsored

 
 







Top