• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Hi Tyler,

Great! Looks good...the aluminum plate will be better but you have done a great job in thinking ahead!:thumbsup:

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks Phil! Quite a compliment coming from someone with much more experience than myself. I’m trying my best to do everything the right way with no shortcuts. Though many will probably scoff at me having decided to drill holes through my rails.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next step in the build is the fridge setup. I initially had bought a GZ Yeti 400 lithium but I returned it and have decided to build my own auxiliary battery using 190ah raw LifePO4 cells and a 3D printed box to hold it, the BMS, and I’ll have 4 usb and 2 12v sockets flush mounted on the top. It occurred to me that I can do without a power inverter within the portable battery itself as I’m so used to ultralight backpacking that there’s virtually nothing I’ll need AC for on the trail. I’ll use gas for anything that needs heat and I can charge my drone or laptop with the 150w ac plug inside my truck.
I’m going to put down plus nuts in the floor of the bed and build my own fridge slide with extruded aluminum and some HD drawer slides. The diy lithium battery should power the fridge, camp lights, and charge misc stuff for the better part of five days. I’ll be installing a Renogy 20a dc to dc charger run from the starting battery back to the bed and terminating that cable with an Anderson connector. The battery will have two Anderson connectors flush mounted in the rear. One for input from the dc charger, and the other as a direct 12v output to the fridge. This should negate any need for me to have to carry any solar panels.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Next step in the build is the fridge setup. I initially had bought a GZ Yeti 400 lithium but I returned it and have decided to build my own auxiliary battery using 190ah raw LifePO4 cells and a 3D printed box to hold it, the BMS, and I’ll have 4 usb and 2 12v sockets flush mounted on the top. It occurred to me that I can do without a power inverter within the portable battery itself as I’m so used to ultralight backpacking that there’s virtually nothing I’ll need AC for on the trail. I’ll use gas for anything that needs heat and I can charge my drone or laptop with the 150w ac plug inside my truck.
I’m going to put down plus nuts in the floor of the bed and build my own fridge slide with extruded aluminum and some HD drawer slides. The diy lithium battery should power the fridge, camp lights, and charge misc stuff for the better part of five days. I’ll be installing a Renogy 20a dc to dc charger run from the starting battery back to the bed and terminating that cable with an Anderson connector. The battery will have two Anderson connectors flush mounted in the rear. One for input from the dc charger, and the other as a direct 12v output to the fridge. This should negate any need for me to have to carry any solar panels.
Dakota Lithium has some interesting stuff. I use Battery Shark for a lot of my battery needs too.

Sponsored

Desert Rider

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1976 Bronco 1999 Super Duty
Also, yes it clears my garage door by about an inch...:whew:
My truck sits about the same height as yours, as I am running the same ICON Stage 2 suspension dialed in at about 2.5” lift, 1” rear blocks, and slightly shorter tires (255/75/17 BFGs). I am interested in whether a RTT setup will clear my garage door (height) once I install a Diamondback HD cover (about 3” higher than bed rails), front runner bed rack posts and load bars (adds about 10” height), and IKamper Mini RTT (adds 13” height).

How tall is your RTT ?
How tall is your Bed Rack (from top of bed rail)?
What height/opening is your garage door?

Thanks in advance for feedback!

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My truck sits about the same height as yours, as I am running the same ICON Stage 2 suspension dialed in at about 2.5” lift, 1” rear blocks, and slightly shorter tires (255/75/17 BFGs). I am interested in whether a RTT setup will clear my garage door (height) once I install a Diamondback HD cover (about 3” higher than bed rails), front runner bed rack posts and load bars (adds about 10” height), and IKamper Mini RTT (adds 13” height).

How tall is your RTT ?
How tall is your Bed Rack (from top of bed rail)?
What height/opening is your garage door?

Thanks in advance for feedback!
Np at all.
7’ garage door
Bed rack is 10” tall off the bed rails
Tent is 14” tall.

You should be fine I think.

Desert Rider

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1976 Bronco 1999 Super Duty
Np at all.
7’ garage door
Bed rack is 10” tall off the bed rails
Tent is 14” tall.

You should be fine I think.
Thanks!

BTW, you continue to inspire me with all the top notch mods you have done to your Ranger!

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!

BTW, you continue to inspire me with all the top notch mods you have done to your Ranger!
Hey thanks man, I really appreciate that! I’m having a blast modding it.

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I used my points and ordered Lund Sport flares through the dealership. However, I ended up receiving bushwhacker extended flares. But what I got was the ones withOUT the fake bolt on which is good because it not a fan of those. So...I stared at them for a bit and decided I might actually like them. What do you think?
Ford Ranger HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build 2F379017-6188-414A-8C6E-7063497665BB
Ford Ranger HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build 8782ABB7-578A-4413-BE22-4F4D00DA1EAC
Ford Ranger HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build FE3D3D57-6CDD-4DCC-BBD4-BAB85554D9BD
Ford Ranger HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build 46B19697-6489-436F-9C00-C17E13C89CFD
Ford Ranger HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build 203486DE-A99A-4EA3-9BB8-E29A13ADE92F
Ford Ranger HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build 1062E6ED-DEEE-4C0A-9284-DBF3FBE80915
Ford Ranger HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build 9EE7A31C-B232-4859-BC0F-435DC8E82906

Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Now your wheels need to stick out farther :D

Aren't you running 285's?

Those flares almost make them look small.

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now your wheels need to stick out farther :D

Aren't you running 285's?

Those flares almost make them look small.
Lol yea 285’s. I don’t want them to stick further, I had to get these because I was getting rock chips without them and I don’t like mud flaps.

V1KT3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
make sure you post this build, definitely interested in seeing it. Almost no auxiliary battery builds on here.
Sponsored