• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
https://www.autonews.com/future-product/ford-future-product-more-evs-trim-gas-powered-lineup

Automotive News is reporting that this new Ford Ranger hybrid model – likely a plug-in hybrid – is expected to join the Ranger lineup in 2025.

But that may not be the only hybrid model in the Ranger lineup, as the Ranger Raptor may also get an electrified powertrain option at some point in the future. And the new Ranger is also expected to get an all-electric BEV model at some point in its life cycle.
Sponsored

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus
Occupation
Retired
So 2026 or beyond in reality.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
i was really hoping for a 2.3 Powerboost with specs close to the interceptor hybrid- 33hp, 63lbft added to the 2.3EB. A plug-in hybrid would be interesting though, especially with the Explorer plug-in specs 80hp, 240lbft of torque. the Stellantis 4xe has solid numbers in the Grand Cherokee.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I am wondering if the PHEV will happen with the Ranger. They have cancelled it on the future Mustangs with the ICE motor. I have read that Governments are less likely to subsidies them. They are finding that fleet vehicles are not being plugged in as much as they should on PHEV's.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I haven't even had time to enjoy a combustion engine Raptor yet, and they already announcing all this stuff. Just bring the Raptor to NA already.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
I am wondering if the PHEV will happen with the Ranger. They have cancelled it on the future Mustangs with the ICE motor. I have read that Governments are less likely to subsidies them. They are finding that fleet vehicles are not being plugged in as much as they should on PHEV's.
NONE of it should have subsidies.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
NONE of it should have subsidies.
I am talking Globally. subsidies , grants, incentives, etc.

The Government’s announcement yesterday of the removal of a key incentive to help consumers purchase a low emitting Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV), UK

Here's a good article from Germany that sum's up their opinions of PHEV's

Germany Plans to End PHEV Incentives by the End of 2022 - Motor Illustrated

Many articles on this topic.

Here's Canada's program

Eligible vehicles (canada.ca)

Sponsored

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 FX4 Blackout
Occupation
Architect
Here's what I need:

I need the same exact motor as my '22 Lariat FX4 already has... the 2.4 liter turbo 4 with 270 and 310. But, I need a 25 gallon gas tank. That way I can realistically have a 400 mile range when I want to tow my travel trailer.

Then I also need the truck to have dual electric motors giving it much the same performance as my ICE motor gives me but with a battery that can actually give me 100 miles of all-electric range (without towing anything). I can then get back and forth to work all week with only having to recharge once during the week.

Ford... build me that truck, please. I will buy it. I will love it.

RayRay11

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-150
Occupation
Military
Here's what I need:

I need the same exact motor as my '22 Lariat FX4 already has... the 2.4 liter turbo 4 with 270 and 310. But, I need a 25 gallon gas tank. That way I can realistically have a 400 mile range when I want to tow my travel trailer.

Then I also need the truck to have dual electric motors giving it much the same performance as my ICE motor gives me but with a battery that can actually give me 100 miles of all-electric range (without towing anything). I can then get back and forth to work all week with only having to recharge once during the week.

Ford... build me that truck, please. I will buy it. I will love it.
would love this capability for my 90 mile daily commute to work and back, but adding enough batteries for 100miles of charge would probably take up the entire payload of the ranger. Id be happy with a hybrid that gets over 30mpg at real highway speeds.

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
would love this capability for my 90 mile daily commute to work and back, but adding enough batteries for 100miles of charge would probably take up the entire payload of the ranger. Id be happy with a hybrid that gets over 30mpg at real highway speeds.
yeah, theres no way to have enough battery for 100 miles of range, a 25 gallon gas tank and still be usable as a truck.

getting 30+ mpg highway (at 70mph+) would be fantastic

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 FX4 Blackout
Occupation
Architect
yeah, theres no way to have enough battery for 100 miles of range, a 25 gallon gas tank and still be usable as a truck.

getting 30+ mpg highway (at 70mph+) would be fantastic
Well, never say never.

I know it's a pipe dream maybe, but at least it's a goal we could strive for.