• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

BlueOval5.0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow Pkg, 18ā€ Wheels, White Platinum,
Occupation
Professional Jackass
Damn, nice work! A lot of reading tonight!

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Damn, nice work! A lot of reading tonight!
In terms of grades, Tacoma is available in SR, SR5, TRD PreRunner, TRD Sport, TRD Off Road, Limited, TRD Pro, and Trailhunter. Returning for 2024, TRD PreRunner is available in the XtraCab configuration with twowheel drive only. It has a lifted front suspension, larger diameter BFGoodrich all-terrain tires, and an electronically locking rear differential. For a sportier look and feel, TRD Sport gets black 18-in. TRD wheels this is tempting over the ranger going need prices though!

Underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC, 1998 Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired
Wow, Tacoma has way more options than other manufacturers. Will definitely be taking a look. Interested in seeing the EPA numbers. I am loving the power vs mpg of my eco boost ranger right now.

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, Tacoma has way more options than other manufacturers. Will definitely be taking a look. Interested in seeing the EPA numbers. I am loving the power vs mpg of my eco boost ranger right now.
same here . definelty will be eying the prerunner or sr5. XL ranger 2024 is 34k. Wonder what the pre runner will be. If its lesser than that im getting pre runner probably.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get power moonroof

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Iā€™ll definitely be interested in a base model Trailhunter. Itā€™s the closest thing to a SuperCrew longbed Tremor that Ford isnā€™t building. The hybrid models of the Tacoma wonā€™t be available until early ā€™24 so Ford has time to respond to this amazing variety of configurations and trims. If only there was more factory space at MAP. Iā€™m not so optimistic that Ford can pull this one off.

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ll definitely be interested in a base model Trailhunter. Itā€™s the closest thing to a SuperCrew longbed Tremor that Ford isnā€™t building. The hybrid models of the Tacoma wonā€™t be available until early ā€™24 so Ford has time to respond to this amazing variety of configurations and trims. If only there was more factory space at MAP. Iā€™m not so optimistic that Ford can pull this one off.
base i think is 51k....just a guess though

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Loved the trd pro until I saw the hideous red interior.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
base i think is 51k....just a guess though
Iā€™d be fine with that. I donā€™t want to spend more than $55k and my absolute max is $60k. Since Iā€™ve been driving the same truck for the last 21+ years, Iā€™ve been planning on a new truck purchase for some timeā€¦. Like since October of 2017 when I began making monthly truck payments to my savings account. Iā€™m more than overdue!!!

Sponsored

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Iā€™ll definitely be interested in a base model Trailhunter. Itā€™s the closest thing to a SuperCrew longbed Tremor that Ford isnā€™t building.
As it sits right now, the Taco or Frontier are your only options for a 6' bed. I suspect Ford will still come out with one. It's just a question of how long can you wait with all that money burning a hole in your pocket. ;) :crackup:

Looks like the max towing is 6500lbs. Pretty low compared to the competition.
I was really surprised by that. The Hybrid is only 6000lbs, which surprised me even more. The Taco tow rating was already low and they dropped it even lower in the new models. I understand not trying to chase "best in class", but at least be competitive. I'm very disappointed, because I thought I had Ford, GM, and Toyota to chose from, but 6000lbs is so close to what I will be towing that it doesn't leave me any wriggle room.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Loved the trd pro until I saw the hideous red interior.
Omg that interior is hideous.. I don't like it on any of them especially the TRD pro. That screen looks like a afterthought. I like the way on the new ranger the screen looks integrated and part of the dash.

Exterior looks OK. Looks funky from the side but overall I like the exterior better on Taco.

Lots of cool options. Manual, power steps, power tailgate etc.

I think Ford should worry. Certainly a lot more cool things. New Ranger just feels like Ford cut to many corners and didn't think outside the box at all. Still halogen lights on most models, still no push start on some models.

Still like the Gmc Canyon looks the best. Ford Ranger interior a little more.
Sponsored