• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Official: 2024 Tacoma Pricing and MPG Revealed + First Reviews

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
No numbers for i-Force Max models or the TRD Pro. Yawn. Manufacturers trickling out information to keep the hypetrain rolling is super fucking annoying.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fuel economy not really any different than the ranger, and in many cases it's slightly worse.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
No numbers for i-Force Max models or the TRD Pro. Yawn. Manufacturers trickling out information to keep the hypetrain rolling is super fucking annoying.
The iforce MPGs (TRD off road) are right there in the 4th link. 19/23/20, which is not bad. I imagine the TRD Pro will be about the same, maybe 1 MPG less or something.

Manchild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR2
The iforce MPGs (TRD off road) are right there in the 4th link. 19/23/20, which is not bad. I imagine the TRD Pro will be about the same, maybe 1 MPG less or something.
Those are for the base iforce, it remains to to be seen what the iforce MAX version can do, standard on the TRD Pro and TH. The no pricing strategy for Pro and TH is frustrating. However looking at the limited it is likely the Pro goes for around 60k, more $ than RR but the MPG may be better for those that want it as a daily or just want better economy.

Sponsored

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
iForce is the non-hybrid. Only reason I'd be interested in a Tacoma is for the Iforce Max hybrid. Based on the Tundra its probably 1-2 mpg higher for the hybrid, but would still be nice to have official numbers and price.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Those are for the base iforce, it remains to to be seen what the iforce MAX version can do, standard on the TRD Pro and TH. The no pricing strategy for Pro and TH is frustrating. However looking at the limited it is likely the Pro goes for around 60k, more $ than RR but the MPG may be better for those that want it as a daily or just want better economy.
That makes sense. The only time I've heard the word "iforce" used was for the Max so I didn't realize there was a difference. I've heard that you'll be able to get the TRD off road with iforce max, which is another reason I thought it was the same thing.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Prices seem pretty good actually.
Saw these will be at dealers in DEC.

Honestly I think Ford is going to have a Hard time in the N.A. market partly because they are going to be late again with limited supply. I actually predict in about 3 to 4 years they pulls out of the N.A. market again because the Ranger is not going to be profitable enough just like Ford does on everything like that. Probably drop the Escape then the Ranger.

I think the Taco is going to sell extremely well as always. I think Nissan will fill that gap for reliable low tech like the Taco used to be. The V6 naturally asperated engine. I think price will come down on the Nissan to compete next year sometime.

Ford and Chevy fighting it out and Ford will say not enough profit lets focus on Bronco and F150.

I could be wrong but hey what do I know. I have no confidence in Farley to do anything anymore.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The low trims might be on dealer lots by december. Realistically a few lucky people who joined the waitlists first could have them before christmas.

The trims that everyone wants (iForce MAX TRD Pro, Offroad, Trailhunter, Sport, Limited) aren't going to be available until the spring.

This is direct from the 5th paragraph on that page: " The all-new 2024 i-FORCE Tacomas are expected to arrive at Toyota dealerships in December of 2023, with i-FORCE MAX models expected to arrive in the spring of 2024. "

Last edited:

Irontom73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 PSD
Could've sworn this was a Ranger forum :yawn:

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Prices seem pretty good actually.
Saw these will be at dealers in DEC.

Honestly I think Ford is going to have a Hard time in the N.A. market partly because they are going to be late again with limited supply. I actually predict in about 3 to 4 years they pulls out of the N.A. market again because the Ranger is not going to be profitable enough just like Ford does on everything like that. Probably drop the Escape then the Ranger.

I think the Taco is going to sell extremely well as always. I think Nissan will fill that gap for reliable low tech like the Taco used to be. The V6 naturally asperated engine. I think price will come down on the Nissan to compete next year sometime.

Ford and Chevy fighting it out and Ford will say not enough profit lets focus on Bronco and F150.

I could be wrong but hey what do I know. I have no confidence in Farley to do anything anymore.
I don't think Ford is seriously competing. Other than the Ranger Raptor, every ranger is probably just a stepping stone to an F150. Toyota doesn't really bother to try competing with ford when it comes to full size, they just have it for some market share. Toyota isn't thinking someone is going to buy a Tacoma and eventually a Tundra.

I agree Ford missed an opportunity in getting these out faster. I don't think they would have met their dates even if the strike hadn't happened.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I don't think Ford is seriously competing. Other than the Ranger Raptor, every ranger is probably just a stepping stone to an F150. Toyota doesn't really bother to try competing with ford when it comes to full size, they just have it for some market share. Toyota isn't thinking someone is going to buy a Tacoma and eventually a Tundra.

I agree Ford missed an opportunity in getting these out faster. I don't think they would have met their dates even if the strike hadn't happened.

What it feels like is Ford does not care about the American market with the Ranger. It is just to have something. There the opposite of Toyota with the Taco/Tundra.

I was at the dealer yesterday getting a new battery in my Ranger. I semi know two of the sales people there and was talking with one of them. Dealers are not doing well they have nothing to sell other than escape, mustang and F150, here it is winter so mustangs do not sell well now.. They actually called me knowing I had a appointment and wanted to give me cash for my truck. When I got there I said no again because you have nothing to sell me and then add your stupid market adjustment fees on. I told him I am pissed at Ford for these fees. I know it is the dealer not Ford.

I told him I was leaning toward a new Ranger because of how comfortable mine is and most trucks are not as comfortable and I do some long trips so comfort is #1. I am not putting up with this market adjustment fees and I am looking else where. 80 percent of my vehicles have been bought from them.

There has not been even a peep from the media or Ford. I mean even the forum is dead and should be a ton of hype around a launch. There is non why because it is still a long way away.

I have a 2019 so I know what waiting is. I bet Ford does not have a Ranger for a while. First people to get them wont be till summer or later I bet and it wont be readily available till end of 2025 if ever.

Like I said in another post I got so sick of waiting for the 2019 launch Ranger I bought another truck for several years and still bought a launch Ranger new. I am sorry the UAW strike was like 5 weeks and was not even all the plants. They will use it as a excuse for months. I mean they still cant supply the Maverick or Bronco. What makes people think it will be any different about a Vehicle Ford does not really seem to give a crap about.

I was set on a new Ranger but this weekend I was maybe looking at a pro-4x if I can find the time. It is looking more less likely I end up with a Ranger. I am not going to be gouged. I refuse to play that game. I like my current Ranger so I am not in any rush. I just worry the value is slipping especially with a new model coming out. Maybe I will end up with a full size.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Could've sworn this was a Ranger forum :yawn:
Well not much really to talk about with the Ranger is there? There has been how much news?

Plus since competition determines what most manufactures do I think it is valid to talk about the competition. Certainly helps make a better decision on what to buy.
Sponsored