• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Official: 2024 Tacoma Pricing and MPG Revealed + First Reviews

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I had hopes for Taco but now with real mpg and prices, it seems the off-road trim (4x4 short bed) will be around $45+ and then add in taxes, dealer fees, etc, it will be around $50k!!!!

Then the mpg is kinda lame even with that massive air dam (snow plougher!). Almost every Taco owner will be removing it the moment they drive the truck off the Stealer lot. Which means the real mpg will be under 20 for sure combined.

I'm getting 21mpg consistently with my Tremor (and better stance than '24 Taco). If anything, I might just wait out till Ford starts putting out the new 2.7L but if not, just enjoy my Tremor for another couple of years to see. I got my Tremor for $37 plus taxes back in '21 so hard to cough $50k with a mid size truck (with shit mpg).
Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
I really hope Ford puts the auto4 transfer case in the 2.7. The only thing similar that Toyota offers is the fulltime 4wd in the Tacoma Limited. That was my fallback, but they bundle it with the iForce Max powertrain and adaptive suspension. Given the base engine Limited is $52k and the iForce Max powertrain alone is likely to be $4k, based on the Tundra, the price is going to be at or over $60k out the door when you add in the fulltime 4wd and suspension. That’s silly. That’s Raptor money.

I refuse to own a truck without auto or fulltime 4wd after having it in my Sierra. So, right now my only options are a z71 Colorado or Raptor and really don’t want to daily a baja truck. The 2.7l plus auto4 in an unassuming midsize was a dream truck for me. Please Ford…

Reactions: MJE

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I really hope Ford puts the auto4 transfer case in the 2.7. The only thing similar that Toyota offers is the fulltime 4wd in the Tacoma Limited. That was my fallback, but they bundle it with the iForce Max powertrain and adaptive suspension. Given the base engine Limited is $52k and the iForce Max powertrain alone is likely to be $4k, based on the Tundra, the price is going to be at or over $60k out the door when you add in the fulltime 4wd and suspension. That’s silly. That’s Raptor money.

I refuse to own a truck without auto or fulltime 4wd after having it in my Sierra. So, right now my only options are a z71 Colorado or Raptor and really don’t want to daily a baja truck. The 2.7l plus auto4 in an unassuming midsize was a dream truck for me. Please Ford…

That is the biggest thing I miss in my Ranger from my Colorado is 4wd auto.
Is it only the Z71 Colorado with it? If so I did not know that.
I have no need for either the z71 or Raptor. Just a waste of money for me.

The roads get so variable around here when the wind blows across the fields. Dry - snow covered - dry - snow covered.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
That is the biggest thing I miss in my Ranger from my Colorado is 4wd auto.
Is it only the Z71 Colorado with it? If so I did not know that.
I have no need for either the z71 or Raptor. Just a waste of money for me.

The roads get so variable around here when the wind blows across the fields. Dry - snow covered - dry - snow covered.
No. Sorry that was poor way to frame that. GM is sane and puts the autotrac in all trims. They don’t lock it behind the premium trims like Ford and Toyota.

On the Colorado, the WT and LT only has the single speed (2hi, 4hi, 4auto) auotrac. The trailboss up has the two speed that adds 4low. For me, I’d want the z71 for the extra tech and body painted trim and bumpers and whatnot. The trailboss is a little too basic in form and function and zr2 and up are excessive for me, kinda like the Raptor.

Last edited:

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
I had a meeting with some folks from Toyota last week, and I asked them about why they had gone with the 4 cyl engine instead of the V6, they told me the hybrid scheme gave them more power than the v6 and better gas mileage and be able to pass the new requirements. I would expect the savings to be more significant than 1mpg.
Sponsored