• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I literally made an appointment to look at Colorado's this weekend. This is how much I'm over it with Ford. Not to mention, they quality of Ford has been terrible, and people waiting for 1 year plus for their Broncos and Mavericks is writing on the wall that even when announced, then ordered, then delayed, then eventually delivered with ADM, might as well move on.
Try not to let it get to you. I had to take breaks from these forums at times waiting for my Maverick because I Was getting tunnel vision on the whole thing. I took my time before I even ordered kinda at the last minute, but my Maverick arrived 10.5 months later and dealer kept their promises on MSRP and incentives promised from the beginning. I'll use them again for a Ranger purchase if I determine it will work better for me than Maverick. I have other nice vehicles to drive in the meantime and won't put pressure on myself to try and speed things up that I have no control over.
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
3 months I can do. People have had to wait 1-2 years for Broncos and Mavericks.
Very few people waiting 1 year for Ecoboost Mavericks. It's mainly hybrids that everybody knows up front they only have a 50% chance of ever receiving. Super strong demand vs capacity mostly to blame there and people still knowingly take the gamble...

RRanger444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Very few people waiting 1 year for Ecoboost Mavericks. It's mainly hybrids that everybody knows up front they only have a 50% chance of ever receiving. Super strong demand vs capacity mostly to blame there and people still knowingly take the gamble...
This is not true.. The % hybrid constraint was not released until after orders were placed. Not to mention those are constraint numbers that are available dealers, not customers. That would require the dealer to actually inform the customer post order.

Im also not sure what you mean on the not many ecos over a year. There are plenty of 500 day+ orders on the forums that are ecoboosts. Heck, I will be no less than 12 months for an extremely under ordered tremor. I will probably be able to order a 24 Ranger AND get it before an ecoboost maverick I ordered the day banks opened.

It has nothing to do with supply. Fordā€™s order, allocation and tracking systems are all awful.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
This is not true.. The % hybrid constraint was not released until after orders were placed. Not to mention those are constraint numbers that are available dealers, not customers. That would require the dealer to actually inform the customer post order.

Im also not sure what you mean on the not many ecos over a year. There are plenty of 500 day+ orders on the forums that are ecoboosts. Heck, I will be no less than 12 months for an extremely under ordered tremor. I will probably be able to order a 24 Ranger AND get it before an ecoboost maverick I ordered the day banks opened.

It has nothing to do with supply. Fordā€™s order, allocation and tracking systems are all awful.
it actually is true- just followed the pattern set in the 2022 MY ordering with ~7k hybrids orders getting cancelled and rolled over (if done correctly by their dealer that is) to MY2023. We were all warned to delete certain unevenly sourced/acquired options & accessories to have the best chance of getting your Maverick built. I did so and got scheduled within 1 week for production after sitting at Priority 2 clean/unscheduled for more than 1 month. Ford cutoff ordering at ~84k for MY2023 and it was known ahead of time hybrids would again be in short supply. Tim Bartz did an exceptional job keeping the community up to speed on what was coming in real time.

I've been on the Maverick sister forum since April 2021 and lurked there since 2020 before registering my account. There are very few Ecoboost orders waiting over 500 days, and many of them are people that stubbornly refused to drop options- they wanted their truck the way they ordered it, or not at all. Or their dealer never did COVP to keep the order valid and moving or some other mistake they never admitted scuttling the order. Or even in rare cases sold the order out from under the customer and lied all the way. I don't know what you consider an under ordered Tremor, but just that trim was expected to sell out quickly and not have significant numbers built in the grand total. In the Maverick lineup that slotted higher than FX-4 and became sort of a poor man's Raptor wannabe. If you get yours in 12 months that's fairly average and only 365 days, nowhere near 500. Don't believe everything you read on the forums, especially the complainers as they usually don't give the whole story when people really dig into what happened. Allocations are frequently blamed, but poorly understood by many people and not as big a factor as some think. The Order system was brand new and yep, could/should have been better implemented and the tracking is like an afterthought to them from the beginning, but the new VIN View dealer tool seems a step in the right direction.

YMMV

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
If the Tacoma ends up looking like the teasers/renderings that have come out, I think it's a pretty good looking truck. I've always hated the front ends of the Tacoma, but the new renderings look pretty good.
good.jpg

But if they use the Tundra front end. :puke:
Bad.png
These actually look pretty sweet. Can't wait to see what we get.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Taco Tuesday today. Already teased a hybrid so that has attention. Weā€™ll have to see what the rest of the day unveiling shows. Come on Ford show us something!
Sponsored