• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

For Those Considering the Toyota Tacoma

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
I actually prefer the ranger interior to the taco. For some reason it just doesn't do it for me.
Sponsored

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
I actually prefer the ranger interior to the taco. For some reason it just doesn't do it for me.
The taco with the fully loaded package on the tech is absolutely amazing… and then you can still get a stick for it. Oh yeah!

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I think the headunit screen orientation in the ranger is a lot better and overall the ranger's interior looks nicer, but there is something to be said about using physical buttons in more places like the taco does. Screens are great for rarely used toggles (set and forget stuff)

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
The taco with the fully loaded package on the tech is absolutely amazing… and then you can still get a stick for it. Oh yeah!
My XLT is 42k with X-Plan. A taco with similar tech is way more than that, plus I can't even order exactly what I wanted. (That's putting aside the towing capacity being less than desirable for me, which is a deal breaker either way.)

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I think the headunit screen orientation in the ranger is a lot better and overall the ranger's interior looks nicer, but there is something to be said about using physical buttons in more places like the taco does. Screens are great for rarely used toggles (set and forget stuff)
The ranger has physical controls for everything I need to use frequently. For some reason I laugh at the Taco's tiny volume knob.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ranger has physical controls for everything I need to use frequently. For some reason I laugh at the Taco's tiny volume knob.
Heated seats was a good example Wags made. There might be some other ones but it's hard to know for sure without any trucks in-hand.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
that's only on models with the smaller screen and you can control it from the steering wheel.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
True, but the package for the larger screen is bundled with tons of extra stuff I don't necessarily want. Pros and cons of each.

Ventilated seats, and no physical buttons for heated seats doesn't bother me at all. I also like having a key instead of push-button start, but I know a lot of people prefer not to need the key.

It comes down to what really matters to each person.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Well the Toyota dealer can't get what I want anytime soon so I'm sticking with the RR.

Someone smarter than me needs to figure out how to turn the heated seats on with the overhead switches or wire new ones in someplace.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Well the Toyota dealer can't get what I want anytime soon so I'm sticking with the RR.

Someone smarter than me needs to figure out how to turn the heated seats on with the overhead switches or wire new ones in someplace.
I mean I asked my local Toyota dealership and shipping for the Tacomas I think start later this month or next month.. it’s still way to early to try and get what you want right now

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean I asked my local Toyota dealership and shipping for the Tacomas I think start later this month or next month.. it’s still way to early to try and get what you want right now
People have 4th gen tacomas in hand as of last week.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
People have 4th gen tacomas in hand as of last week.
soon what was the complications in terms of finding what you want? Because I feel just like the Rangers.. they will be flying out of the parking lots as soon as they arrive for the next few months

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon what was the complications in terms of finding what you want? Because I feel just like the Rangers.. they will be flying out of the parking lots as soon as they arrive for the next few months
I'm not the person that said they were talking to a toyota dealer, I'm just saying they started shipping last month and people have taken ownership as of the last week.

I'm guessing the other person wants a specific trim + options, and as we all know toyota doesn't allow you to order anything. You get what they send and there's a long waitlist on the high-demand trims.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
I'm not the person that said they were talking to a toyota dealer, I'm just saying they started shipping last month and people have taken ownership as of the last week.

I'm guessing the other person wants a specific trim + options, and as we all know toyota doesn't allow you to order anything. You get what they send and there's a long waitlist on the high-demand trims.
whoops my bad..

yeah other than that.. the TRD trail hunter and the TRD Pro are not launching yet till later this year.. heck they still have not released the price for these 2 trims yet.

plus both of these 2 models will only have the Hybrid in it so that means no MT in it

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer

What about the integrated voice control? I know you control cabin temp. What about the heated seats?
Sponsored