• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired

PCLaughton

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
If you're like me and you'd rather read a post than watch the video, here's what the 10 things were along with my (totally unqualified) opinion:

1) New Exterior: unless I'm mistaken, it's still on the T6 platform, but it's seen some upgrades
2) New Interior: more space inside, under-seat storage, etc.
3) Digital Instrument Cluster: lot of animations and transition effects, looks to be a decent size too.
4) e-Shifter and Electric Parking Brake: plenty of people prefer this, but I still would've preferred a rotary gear selector to free up even more space.
5) 10.1 or 12-inch Infotainment Screens with 360-degree Camera View: Sync4 is a good add (speaking as a Maverick order-holder), embedded modem lets the app handle a lot of things like remote start and door locking, etc.
6) Rear Load Box Access Step and Easy Lift Tailgate: This was probably the most underwhelming of the 10 for me, highlighting a couple things that seem pretty standard across the industry these days.
7) Versatile Cargo Management System: Cargo bed seems to take a lot of queues from the Maverick FlexBed and just "grow it up" to a more traditional bed size.
8) Tailgate Work Surface: Tailgate has some nice F-150 queues like clamp pockets and cup holders for using it as a workspace.
9) On- and Off-Road Drive Modes: Another feature that mostly catches Ranger up to the industry, so the coolness of this one will be solely determined by how those modes perform.
10) Enhanced Line-Up of Powertrains, Including a New V6 Turbo Diesel: They didn't really talk about the powertrains beyond buzzwords. I'd be fine if they leave behind the turbo diesel when they bring it stateside and pay some serious attention to the PHEV drivetrain. Give me 40+ mpg electric-only range and my Maverick ownership will be short-lived!

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking as a software developer that has worked with security issues in the past: The whole fordpass app allowing all these services is honestly a bit of a turn-off. It's only a matter of time before there's a breach that exposes data or user functionality. Making cars more available to remote-control commands is a dystopia that none of us should be very comfortable with.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The Bronco and Ranger will ride on the same frame. For North America both will be made at the Wayne Michigan plant.
Can't wait to see how spacious the new interior is. I find the interior refreshing with its non cluttered design.
Most likely NA Ford will stick with the 2.3L Turbo. With a newly engineered PHEV system that is not used on any other Ford. The 2.7L will only be in Ranger Raptor if it comes to NA. There's more room under the hood for the new V6 Turbo Diesel. Not offered in NA. I like that the fender vents actually will vent.

Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
The Bronco and Ranger will ride on the same frame. For North America both will be made at the Wayne Michigan plant.
Can't wait to see how spacious the new interior is. I find the interior refreshing with its non cluttered design.
Most likely NA Ford will stick with the 2.3L Turbo. With a newly engineered PHEV system that is not used on any other Ford. The 2.7L will only be in Ranger Raptor if it comes to NA. There's more room under the hood for the new V6 Turbo Diesel. Not offered in NA. I like that the fender vents actually will vent.
Assuming the automotive press is correct about the 2.3 turbo being the ICE in a PHEV system, then that will be the only significant difference between the Ranger's PHEV system and the PHEV system currently incorporated in the Ford Explorer Hybrid, 2020 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring and the F-150 PowerBoost. I believe those hybrid implementations all use a V6 Ecoboost for the ICE.

Here is an interesting article about this hybrid system: Ford's Modular Hybrid Transmission.

The Ranger Raptor is likely to get the same 3.0 V6 Ecoboost just like the Bronco Rapter. The 2.7 Ecoboost will likely be an option in the Ranger just like it is for the Bronco.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I stand corrected, most current articles say the 3.0L dual turboed Eco Boost will be offered in the Ranger Raptor. Will have to see if the 2.7L V6 will be an option like in the Bronco.

Reactions: Doc

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
According to the Chief Engineer, the current US Ranger is already riding on the updated scalable platform that is used under the Bronco and new Ranger. Obviously it is dimensioned to match the original T6 platform under the RoW Ranger, and it's using the previous electrical architecture. That's why the front suspension is different between yours and ours.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Billy, once you get some info on the Suspension on the Australian Ranger could you post some info and pictures. Its the one area of the Ranger I hope is improved over the previous Gen. For the new NA version I have seen it looks like they are using different leaf springs, shocks mounted on the outer part of the frame. We will see if it picks up some of the Bronco suspension. That would make sense since they are both made in the Michigan Wayne factory making them more modular and easier to build.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Billy, once you get some info on the Suspension on the Australian Ranger could you post some info and pictures. Its the one area of the Ranger I hope is improved over the previous Gen. For the new NA version I have seen it looks like they are using different leaf springs, shocks mounted on the outer part of the frame. We will see if it picks up some of the Bronco suspension. That would make sense since they are both made in the Michigan Wayne factory making them more modular and easier to build.
The Ranger is keeping leaf springs, because they are more flexible for load carrying. The current NA Ranger got different leaf springs to the rest of us, no idea how they compare. We have multi leaf springs, you have parabolic springs. I would imagine that the new gen Ranger will have suspension tune differences for NA to what we get. Raptor will keep the coil and Watts linkage setup as per the current vehicle. The biggest changes for the new Ranger (for us) is the widening of the front end to suit the V6 engines, and the widening of the rear end to make a pallet fit in the bed.

Sponsored

Frosty 2019

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
If you're like me and you'd rather read a post than watch the video, here's what the 10 things were along with my (totally unqualified) opinion:

1) New Exterior: unless I'm mistaken, it's still on the T6 platform, but it's seen some upgrades
2) New Interior: more space inside, under-seat storage, etc.
3) Digital Instrument Cluster: lot of animations and transition effects, looks to be a decent size too.
4) e-Shifter and Electric Parking Brake: plenty of people prefer this, but I still would've preferred a rotary gear selector to free up even more space.
5) 10.1 or 12-inch Infotainment Screens with 360-degree Camera View: Sync4 is a good add (speaking as a Maverick order-holder), embedded modem lets the app handle a lot of things like remote start and door locking, etc.
6) Rear Load Box Access Step and Easy Lift Tailgate: This was probably the most underwhelming of the 10 for me, highlighting a couple things that seem pretty standard across the industry these days.
7) Versatile Cargo Management System: Cargo bed seems to take a lot of queues from the Maverick FlexBed and just "grow it up" to a more traditional bed size.
8) Tailgate Work Surface: Tailgate has some nice F-150 queues like clamp pockets and cup holders for using it as a workspace.
9) On- and Off-Road Drive Modes: Another feature that mostly catches Ranger up to the industry, so the coolness of this one will be solely determined by how those modes perform.
10) Enhanced Line-Up of Powertrains, Including a New V6 Turbo Diesel: They didn't really talk about the powertrains beyond buzzwords. I'd be fine if they leave behind the turbo diesel when they bring it stateside and pay some serious attention to the PHEV drivetrain. Give me 40+ mpg electric-only range and my Maverick ownership will be short-lived!
It has no light in the bed to unload at night It still has the drop down tailgate They did not improve that!

franchiseguy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Does anybody know if there's going to be a 2023 Ranger Tremor or will they go from Fx4 directly to the Ranger Raptor?

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
OMG can we not have more info on the Ranger, please Ford. !!!!
Sponsored