• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

1st warranty fix - fuel sender unit (Middle East Ranger Raptor)

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
Thought I'd share my first warranty fix here. Now almost one year into the ownership of the Ranger Raptor, Middle East spec. Took it out for our first off-road trip last Jan 2024 good mix of highways followed by sand dunes and some trail runs.

Towards the end of our 10 day trip, I noticed the fuel gauge would only reach 3/4 full although the fuel tank is physically full. Several tries later, and the issue persisted. Took a fellow member's advise who faced the same issue on this forum, and took it to the dealership for diagnosis. Interesting that he started facing the same issue also after am off-road trip as well.

Turns out to be a faulty sender unit and the tank had to be dropped to replace the sender/ fuel pump (which are both integrated as one unit). Problem is gone for now.
Sponsored