• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I like tested technology. Not sure if the anti lag turbo tech came from the GT 40. I like the wide body, The Bronco Raptor's large flares are ugly.
All time 4 wheel drive system with front and rear locking diffs. Maybe the more robust Dana 210 in the front. Active exhaust. Very impressive suspension setup. Air management to dissipate under hood heat. Large openings at the front. Hood and side vents. Perimeter lighting. Advanced headlights. Looking forward to more info being released.
Sponsored

paulb351

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everest
The front bumper looks like its made of steel contrary to the earlier non raptor truck pictures.
looks to be missing front tow points but could easily replace those black covers in the skid plate.
I also noticed the rear steps behind the rear wheels are gone. I was kind of looking forward to those.
The front has rated recovery points each side (Black coloured), rated at 11,000lb (5,000Kg) from the press pack/reporting in Australia.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Good to see they beefed up the steering rack and tie rod ends. Front Diff should be Dana 44 Advantech M220 with chromoly axles.
Spicer SmartConnect disconnecting all-wheel-drive (AWD) technology. The Ranger has 33 inch tires, will have to see what ratio they run.
The Bronco with 37" tires has a 4.70 gear ratio.

Reactions: Doc

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The front bumper looks like its made of steel contrary to the earlier non raptor truck pictures.
looks to be missing front tow points but could easily replace those black covers in the skid plate.
I also noticed the rear steps behind the rear wheels are gone. I was kind of looking forward to those.
The current Raptor also has a seperate bumper, which is mostly steel but not fully, same as this one.

The tow points are behind those covers.

The rear steps are gone because the sides of the tub do not extend as low down. The current Raptor also has a different side profile behind the rear axle. This is to improve the departure angle.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Good to see they beefed up the steering rack and tie rod ends. Front Diff should be Dana 44 Advantech M220 with chromoly axles.
Spicer SmartConnect disconnecting all-wheel-drive (AWD) technology. The Ranger has 33 inch tires, will have to see what ratio they run.
The Bronco with 37" tires has a 4.70 gear ratio.
No idea what the front diff will be, for the world market Ford tend not to talk about those details (people don't care as much it seems).
I'm glad it has the AWD transfer case.

Presumably it uses the same diff ratios as the current Raptor, which is 3.73 as the tyres are the same size exactly.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
It looks the the Ranger Raptor will still be focused on the close to 7500lb towing capacity. Where the Bronco right from the get go has a 3500lb towing capacity. The Ranger still only offers the 3.73 Diff ratio. Bronco offers up to 4 different ratio's.

RangerNW

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Army Green Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Middle School Head Custodian
It looks the the Ranger Raptor will still be focused on the close to 7500lb towing capacity. Where the Bronco right from the get go has a 3500lb towing capacity. The Ranger still only offers the 3.73 Diff ratio. Bronco offers up to 4 different ratio's.
Ford Australia spec showing 2500kg (5500lb) tow spec…

https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/future-vehicle/next-gen-ranger-raptor/specifications.html

Depending on payload, that’s my bare minimum. Will wait and see what the US Tremor will have, assuming we get that still.
Exciting next couple of years for mid-size!

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I am happy to see the lower tow rating on the Ranger Raptor. It tells me it has more focused performance suspension. 5500 lb towing maybe because of coils instead of leafs too.

Monkey55

First Name
Matthew Brister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150, hoping to get a new Ranger
Occupation
Cyber Security
I am happy to see the lower tow rating on the Ranger Raptor. It tells me it has more focused performance suspension. 5500 lb towing maybe because of coils instead of leafs too.
I'm pretty sure none of the new Rangers have leaf's. They all look like they are utilizing the 5-Link setup the new Raptor and Bronco have.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I'm pretty sure none of the new Rangers have leaf's. They all look like they are utilizing the 5-Link setup the new Raptor and Bronco have.
The Ranger Raptor has coil springs at the back. Standard 2023 Ranger has leafs for the towing capacity and cost savings over the 5 link

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
By then, I'll be able to chose from the new Raptor, ZR2 & AT4X. Whoever sells at a fair price will get my $$$.
Don't forget new Tacoma TRD PRO too.
I didn't actually forget. It's just not really on my list. I also plan to get the truck that has the best interior and I don't think the Tacoma will compete in that regard. That's why I'm not considering the Nissan Pro4X. I will be watching the Tacoma release though. Maybe Toyota will surprise me.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I like tested technology. Not sure if the anti lag turbo tech came from the GT 40. I like the wide body, The Bronco Raptor's large flares are ugly.
All time 4 wheel drive system with front and rear locking diffs. Maybe the more robust Dana 210 in the front. Active exhaust. Very impressive suspension setup. Air management to dissipate under hood heat. Large openings at the front. Hood and side vents. Perimeter lighting. Advanced headlights. Looking forward to more info being released.
Agree with all your points. Especially the Bronco Raptor flares. Those things are hideous.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Some info on the Fox Live Valve shocks. These position-sensitive dampers are filled with a Teflon-infused oil that, according to Ford, reduces the friction inside of the shock by half, which should help your suspension react more quickly. 2.5 Diameter over the larger 3.1 diameter on the Bronco

These dampers also feature Bottom-Out Control, which significantly increases dampening force in the last quarter of the shock’s travel to help the suspension from, well, bottoming out, and to prevent the rear of the truck from squatting during heavy acceleration.

The frame is reinforced in the colored areas of the picture over the standard Ranger.

Ford Ranger 2022-2023 Ranger Raptor World Premiere! Wallpapers, Video & Specs 2023-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-3 4

Silver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
Well, know why my Bronco order hasn't come out of the rabbit hole - This is My next truck!

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I didn't actually forget. It's just not really on my list. I also plan to get the truck that has the best interior and I don't think the Tacoma will compete in that regard. That's why I'm not considering the Nissan Pro4X. I will be watching the Tacoma release though. Maybe Toyota will surprise me.
If it is anything like the new Tundra, I think it will be in the running. The new Tundra interior is very nice.
Sponsored