• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
We got a new look inside a prototype for the 2023 Ford Ranger, revealing a large vertical infotainment screen—likely the same 15.5-inch screen found the Mustang Mach-E and the F-150 Lightning. The new Ranger can be seen in the upper left corner fo the screen, in a small infographic. Resolution limitations keep us from seeing fine details of the new design, but it’s clearly Ford’s new midsize pickup that’s represented in the rendering.

Our latest shots also reveal our most detailed look at the next Ranger’s sharply-defined tailgate design, tail-light styling, and the ‘gate-mounted third brake light.

The Ranger’s steering wheel is also very visible, revealing some interesting, colorful stitching, and a push-button start that’s uniquely integrated into the steering column.

To reveal more of the Ranger’s interior, we’ll have to catch one with more of its camo removed, but the details we can see all seem to signal a clean, uncluttered interior design that should be a big step forward from the current model.

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-1

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-2

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-3

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-4

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-5

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-6

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-7

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-8

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-9

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-10

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-11

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-12

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-13

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger's Large Infotainment Screen & Design Details Revealed 2023-ford-ranger-large-infotainment-screen-design-details-14

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Ford, I can't give you money until you officially unveil this beast, help me help you :)

1DWN5UP

I'm glad to see that the driver's digital cluster is the traditional design that's covered from all sides not the modern trend of just sticking another tablet behind the wheel and calling it good

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
but why mount the info screen vertically

I'm wondering if they did away with the controls and now it's all on the touch screen? It's hard to tell with everything covered up but if so mounting it vertically would cover up any blank spaces. Hopefully they made it more Since friendly and you can do most/all the commands from the steering wheel.

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I am looking forward to the new Ranger.....but also waiting for the new Canyon/Colorado & Tacoma to come out. I feel they are all equally off-road capable, so whichever one has the interior/options that suites my needs will get my cash.

What I'm not really liking in these pictures is the giant screen. Seems too big for this size truck, but I'm not much of a fan of the giant screens in anything. They limit the styling that can be done to a dash and they don't really increase the functionality. Seems the current marketing strategy for center screens these days is, "bigger is better", when IMO they just make the operator interaction more difficult.
At least it appears to be somewhat built-in and not a peel & stick tablet job.
Also don't like the placement of the start/stop button. I know it's a small item, but makes the column bulkier than it needs to be and looks like an after-thought. I assume this is a cost saving decision for Ford, as now they can put a key or pushbutton in the same shroud and cut down on parts.

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I would be interested to see the 15.5" screen in the Ranger, but I'd bet against it.
The 12" screen from the F150, in portrait mode, makes more sense to me from a cost standpoint, and fitting within a smaller(-ish) cabin.

I know the Mach-E is roughly the same (exterior) width as the current Ranger, but as an EV, it needs the 15.5" screen from a "tech" standpoint and to compete against the likes of Tesla.

Even if they just used the Exporer's 10.1" screen option, I believe it would still be best in class: 2022 Frontier (8" or 9"), 2021 Tacoma (7" or 8"), 2022 Colorado (7" or 8"), 2022 Canyon (8"), & 2021 Ridgline (8").

Guess we'll find out... eventually.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Looks like a Wildtrak, hence the roof rails and the orange stitching. Can't wait to see it!
Sponsored