• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Workers Ratify 2023 UAW Contract

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
god forbid people get paid for their work.
People should be paid their worth.
How about instead of passing costs on to the consumer we just pay those at the corporate top less. Does the CEO really need to make hundreds or thousands of a percent more than the people who make the profits for a company.
With Starbucks on strike when settled how much more will that coffee cost?
Where does it all stop.
Thanks and getting off the soap box.

Sponsored

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
god forbid people get paid for their work.
They do get paid for their work, but why should we pay for it? We already overpay for everything as it is. So I don’t think your response was warranted. The quote wasn’t directed at the workers getting a raise or not deserving of the raise. It was more directed that we the consumers will pay said raise. When Ford is making record profits

davey690

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Track
Occupation
Health and Safety
Does that mean that production has started?

OP
OP
goalieThreeOne

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Does that mean that production has started?
The line has been rolling since the tentative agreement was reach. However as best as anyone can tell they’re only finishing out 23MY Broncos. 24MY Rangers and Broncos have not begun yet.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
Why does someone saying bring on the price increases cause people to hone in on anti union. That statement in no way says that, and you are just making it fit what you want. I see this response to that same comment over and over. Grow up please.

Last edited:

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
Bring on the price increases
Sad but true
Have you not been seeing the price increases over the last decade, when there was zero changes to their labor contract?

Ford will continue to raise prices as long as and as much as they possibly can; now they just have an additional scapegoat for dumb people to blame. I've already seen posts on other forums where people are blaming the UAW for the increased cost and delayed repair of their non-American non-UAW vehicle.

Sponsored

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
Have you not been seeing the price increases over the last decade, when there was zero changes to their labor contract?

Ford will continue to raise prices as long as and as much as they possibly can; now they just have an additional scapegoat for dumb people to blame. I've already seen posts on other forums where people are blaming the UAW for the increased cost and delayed repair of their non-American non-UAW vehicle.
Yes, but it doesn't change the message. People also complained when the 6G msrp increased over the 5g msrp (granted more was included as standard). Refer the my post above yours, and stop taking it as a bashing of union labor. Someone can complain about a price increase related to a union, and still not be bashing unions.

I don't get why that is so hard to understand...

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
Yes, but it doesn't change the message. People also complained when the 6G msrp increased over the 5g msrp (granted more was included as standard). Refer the my post above yours, and stop taking it as a bashing of union labor. Someone can complain about a price increase related to a union, and still not be bashing unions.

I don't get why that is so hard to understand...
It's hard to understand because there has not been and never will be a price increase commensurate to an increase in labor costs. For reference, the numbers I will be using below come from a 2017 report, so pre-pandemic figures, as well as this archived release from the UAW in 2007 before they took it on the chin when American car companies were on the brink of bankruptcy.

As of 2017, workforce costs for an "average" vehicle was roughly 6% of its MSRP when taken in totality across the board (including hourly wage and all benefits including retirement, also including non-UAW labor into the average; the 2017 report above states 10-15% for all facets surrounding labor, including the cost of building the factory as well, not just the workforce). Prior to the 2008 UAW concessions, the percentage for a UAW workforce was closer to 8.4%, and again that factors in the old contract pre-concessions when many still considered a UAW job as a "gold standard" (pension, higher wages than average, and a robust benefits package).

So we are looking at roughly a 30% difference in labor costs from what they were in 2017 and what the "gold standard" was prior to 2008. That works out to roughly a 2% difference in the cost of a vehicle. Keep in mind that there were no significant labor agreement changes from 2018 to just now, so the increase in costs to vehicles cannot be attributed to increased labor costs. So, hypothetically, a $50k vehicle under the "worse" labor contract would cost roughly $51k under the "dream" contract if the MSRP was only adjusted for the cost of labor.

Since the US Ford Ranger wasn't around until 2019, we will use a different UAW made vehicle in its place: the F-150. In 2018, the starting MSRP of an F-150 XL was $27,380. The starting MSRP for an F-150 XL for the 2024 model year is $38,565. This 41% increase in MSRP occurred during the same labor contract with the same wages and benefits.

You can absolutely complain about a price increase. But saying a price increase is related to a union contract is like complaining about your hair falling out from the new shampoo you're using while you're also going through chemotherapy. Yeah, there might be a link with the new shampoo, but there's a bigger cause.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I you look when the increases come down it is always when the next job starts.
So when job 2 starts the price will change if a job 3 it will again.
That is how it works for F150's I have noticed.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I read somewhere the union asked for 4 working days with a 40% pay increase over 4 years (10% a year increase!).

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I read somewhere the union asked for 4 working days with a 40% pay increase over 4 years (10% a year increase!).
Yes they did ask but they didn't get what they asked for. Always start big then negotiate for what they got. I think they did pretty good for themselves.
Sponsored