• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Rebel
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Just ordered mine. 2024 Ford Ranger in Cactus Grey with the following options FX4 Off-Road Package, Block Heater, Integrated Side Step, Trailer Tow Package, Spray-In Bedliner.
Sponsored

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Does anybody know if the oem trailer brake controller will be able to be installed on the XL trim? Would the wiring already be inside the dash?

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Does anybody know if the oem trailer brake controller will be able to be installed on the XL trim? Would the wiring already be inside the dash?
If it's like the 5G, I wouldn't count on it. The 5G XL didn't even have the pigtail to wire your own brake controller, which both the XLT and Lariat had.

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
If it's like the 5G, I wouldn't count on it. The 5G XL didn't even have the pigtail to wire your own brake controller, which both the XLT and Lariat had.
That’s disappointing. Especially since every trim level of the Colorado has a brake controller, as well as the new Tacoma.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
That’s disappointing. Especially since every trim level of the Colorado has a brake controller, as well as the new Tacoma.
The 5G XL did have a completely different cluster and radio than the XLT/Lariat, so maybe it'll be different on the 6G since the XL and XLT share the same screens.

Sponsored

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Still early, but my dealer mentioned the 2.7 is still not showing up in their order system. They talked to a rep and mentioned October/November before the 2.7 can be ordered. Maybe ford will add push button start option for XLT by then and other options like the tremor.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Still early, but my dealer mentioned the 2.7 is still not showing up in their order system. They talked to a rep and mentioned October/November before the 2.7 can be ordered. Maybe ford will add push button start option for XLT by then and other options like the tremor.
If they suddenly add push button start to the XLT a couple months in, I’m going to be mad since I plan on ordering soon. I can see them doing that for the model refresh in a few years, but it would seem strange to me to suddenly do that 2-3 months into a new model.
Sponsored