• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
but if they put in 4 STOCK orders each dealer is only getting one to start correct? So if that's the case and then RETAIL orders open in Q4 they both get filled?
Retail always have priority over stock orders. That is why their priority code is 10-19. However, in our current situation. Retail orders cannot be placed. But there is still priority values in stock orders. If a dealer puts in 4 stock orders with same priority number, Ford will probably just build the one that has the least constraints. Once retail orders open up, in theory, their priority code will supersede any stock order that hasn't been built yet.
Sponsored

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
So all the dealers local to me are telling me banks haven't opened yet for raptors (I'm in Massachusetts) obviously a few of you lucky ones got your order in, just curious if it was a region thing? Or is there any updates? I just got this text from another dealership that I called

Hey Chris, its Cody here from Balise Ford. Just checking in with you hope all is well. Letting you know I am checking weekly for that Ranger Raptor order banks to open up. We will be in touch and in the mean time if you have any questions feel free to text me
They are 1/2 correct. Retail order banks have not opened yet. Stock order banks are open. The only real and big differences are on a stock order you are not price protected and the dealership has no true obligation to sell you that vehicle. It is not a contract to sell you the RR.
It is a dealer order for the RR and if you don't have a great relationship or it's a shady dealership, if they get a better offer, they are not obligated to sell it to you.

Price protected means any price increases will be passed onto you if there are any. Unlike a retail order, the price is not locked in at order time. It is whatever the price is when the RR shows up at the dealership on a stock order.

I went through this with my 2022 GT500. I had to pay $1,500 in price increase compared to when I tried to retail order. Stock order was my only option. No markup though. My brother ordered a Transit van almost 2 years ago. It showed up yesterday. He did not get the price from 2 years ago, but he did get last years price saving him about $6,000 spec the way he wanted it. His was a retail order.

As @Snkrjeff020 said, they can order it exactly as you want but it's still a stock order and what I said above applies.
but if they put in 4 STOCK orders each dealer is only getting one to start correct? So if that's the case and then RETAIL orders open in Q4 they both get filled?
What I've found after calling every single Ford Dealer in CA, MT, OR, and WA (not kidding, I took off work recently to track one down lol I'm slightly ashamed), is that the 1-per dealer stock allocation is true IF the dealer actually was allocated one. Of all of the places I called, it was about 50/50 with half being told they received that 1 allocation and the other half never actually receiving any comms about getting one yet.

So essentially the key to getting one now is:
  • Find dealer that actually can confirm they have a stock allocation (mine confirmed with me it would be built in phase one and that they can see their allocation in their system)
  • Ensure that specific allocation is not spoken for yet
  • Send them your build, have them submit the order to your specification and then sign some paperwork to solidify that it would be yours when available.

Last edited:

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A small town dealer I talked to had no one call about the RR, and allowed me to submit a stock order (priority 20) with them- but the GM was very frank with me in saying: "I don't think we're actually going to get one, we never get specialty vehicles and ford never sent us anything about it"

Ended up finding someone else that actually confirmed they had the allocation.

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
Retail always have priority over stock orders. That is why their priority code is 10-19. However, in our current situation. Retail orders cannot be placed. But there is still priority values in stock orders. If a dealer puts in 4 stock orders with same priority number, Ford will probably just build the one that has the least constraints. Once retail orders open up, in theory, their priority code will supersede any stock order that hasn't been built yet.
I have a retail order confirmed priority 10 but who the fuck knows

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
How come some dealers can place retail orders for Raptors and some can't?

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
A small town dealer I talked to had no one call about the RR, and allowed me to submit a stock order (priority 20) with them- but the GM was very frank with me in saying: "I don't think we're actually going to get one, we never get specialty vehicles and ford never sent us anything about it"

Ended up finding someone else that actually confirmed they had the allocation.
That is a bit odd my situations the opposite of yours a small local Ford authorized dealer verified an allocation and I got it.

Google identifies that there are 2,944 authorized Ford dealerships in the United States and the first allocation is 3,000 units.

With them only allowing one allocation for dealership these numbers match up and I'm not sure why one of those dealerships does not think they would be able to get one.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truckles 2024 RR Stock Order Placed
My dealership initially kept getting an error code when trying to place the stock order. Something about compatibility error code for 800a package . Not sure what he did, but after two or three days, he was able to place the stock order with priority code 20.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is a bit odd my situations the opposite of yours a small local Ford authorized dealer verified an allocation and I got it.

Google identifies that there are 2,944 authorized Ford dealerships in the United States and the first allocation is 3,000 units.

With them only allowing one allocation for dealership these numbers match up and I'm not sure why one of those dealerships does not think they would be able to get one.
I didn’t know about the 3k units thing, that’s interesting- but it’s just odd that so many dealers can’t order/say they haven’t gotten allocations yet. I’ve talked to GMs and sales managers at like 40+ dealers that say they never got even a stock allocation. Not to mention all the folks coming to this forum saying the same thing.

agree that I don’t think it’s the size though. The place that confirmed my order was also in a rural town

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I didn’t know about the 3k units thing, that’s interesting- but it’s just odd that so many dealers can’t order/say they haven’t gotten allocations yet. I’ve talked to GMs and sales managers at like 40+ dealers that say they never got even a stock allocation. Not to mention all the folks coming to this forum saying the same thing.

agree that I don’t think it’s the size though. The place that confirmed my order was also in a rural town
How long ago did you check with these dealers because there's a thread on here detailing where one user was told by his dealership that the banks were closed I don't know if that means the retail Banks because they never should have been open to start with or if it's referring to all banks including stock orders. If stock order Banks have been fact been closed that means something screwed up on fords end with their allocation system and they're having to do that as a last ditch resort to either fix a glitch or maybe they possibly sold all of the allocations improperly.

If these are inquiries you made shortly after the banks open and the dealership are either idiots or something else. both dealerships I spoke to, one being a large high volume dealer and the other the smaller rural dealer and both had no issues placing a stock allocation order if required.

My stock order priority code 20 was placed I believe this past monday at that smaller dealership with no issue and I have the paperwork sitting on my desk.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long ago did you check with these dealers because there's a thread on here detailing where one user was told by his dealership that the banks were closed I don't know what that means the retail Banks because they never should have been open to start with or if it's referring to all banks including stock orders.

If these are inquiries you made shortly after the banks open and I just saved the dealership or either idiots or something else both dealerships I spoke to one being a large high volume dealer and the other the smaller rural dealer and both had no issues placing a stock allocation order if required.
I went on a calling spree about 3 days ago. Wish I could send you a video of my phones call log, you can scroll endlessly through all of the numbers I called lol. Usually I’d say “my understanding is each dealer got a stock allocation” and about 50% of them would say “we’ve got nothing yet”. Some of them would offer to still put a stock order in but mentioned they never received an allocation.

The other 50% confirmed with certainty their allocation (but had a large ADM, or it was taken already)

Sponsored

Cnyce413

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger FX4
Occupation
Dpw
Just got the text from my sales guy my order is in. After telling him last week it had ti go in as stock and not retail. So thank you guys otherwise i would have never known and sounds luke they wouldn't either... Now let the waiting game begin( and pay off my 19 ranger as much as possible for better equity)

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Order Banks Now Officially Open!! Screenshot_20230613_124930_Messages

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Just got the text from my sales guy my order is in. After telling him last week it had ti go in as stock and not retail. So thank you guys otherwise i would have never known and sounds luke they wouldn't either... Now let the waiting game begin( and pay off my 19 ranger as much as possible for better equity)

Screenshot_20230613_124930_Messages.jpg
They are starting to learn now. congrats!

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor

Screenshot_20230613_124930_Messages.jpg
"It should be built pretty quickly."

Seems like wishful thinking but we can certainly hope. Congrats on getting an order in!

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
"It should be built pretty quickly."

Seems like wishful thinking but we can certainly hope. Congrats on getting an order in!
I mean it probably will be built pretty quickly, but delivered very very slowly.