• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
You can contact ford marketing ands the to check status, if there is an issue they will tell you. They won't have details but, they can tell you if there arena issues.
My key board sucks.
Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
All i can tell you is I am looking at a bulletin that went out to all dealerships on May 25th illustrating how to order a 2024 Ranger Raptor. It clearly states it must be stock and that it must have a priority code of between 20-80 and that they get only one stock order this round. It also says in BOLD type, that no retails orders may be submitted, as they will not be built at this time. I cannot post it on here as those messages are proprietary and it could get my dealer in trouble as well as this site to have it posted on it.
Is there a difference in priority codes between 20 and 80? I see a lot of people say theirs were submitted as 20. Mine was submitted as 80 and I don't know whether that's good or bad or if it doesn't matter at all.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Is there a difference in priority codes between 20 and 80? I see a lot of people say theirs were submitted as 20. Mine was submitted as 80 and I don't know whether that's good or bad or if it doesn't matter at all.
20 is highest priority for stock units. 80 is lowest priority. 80 basically tells them they don't care if it's built or not. You'd want and expect them to put you as close to 20 if not 20.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
I received this email from my dealers GM this morning @ 10:34 AM EST,

“I received an update from Ford today. They said once your Ranger is scheduled for production I can tag it in their system as yours. At that point you will be price protected!!

Have a great weekend”

I don’t know when I may actually see it or take delivery of it but at least I know that I’m going to be getting one!!👍

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Order Banks Now Officially Open!! IMG_0988

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I received this email from my dealers GM this morning @ 10:34 AM EST,

“I received an update from Ford today. They said once your Ranger is scheduled for production I can tag it in their system as yours. At that point you will be price protected!!

Have a great weekend”

I don’t know when I may actually see it or take delivery of it but at least I know that I’m going to be getting one!!👍

IMG_0988.png
I also selected Iconic Silver, no graphics package though. 🤜🤛

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I believe this is the optimal way you want your order placed:

The key items being "STOCK" and the priority code as "20" - which is the highest priority for the dealership on a stock order.

I am assuming price level 415 is bone stock as-is with no add ons, which is what I ordered.

Not sure what order code is, but might be something just internal with no bearing.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Order Banks Now Officially Open!! FU_1

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I could be wrong, but the priority code probably doesn't matter as much this time around. Just the stock part.

Mainly because, if all dealers are only getting 1 order for job 1, and say your a priority 20, but your build had a constraint, they will just pull the next stock order in the bank that has no constraints, which might be an 80. I guess, what I am saying its probably more important what you build is versus what number you have in the first round.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I could be wrong, but the priority code probably doesn't matter as much this time around. Just the stock part.

Mainly because, if all dealers are only getting 1 order for job 1, and say your a priority 20, but your build had a constraint, they will just pull the next stock order in the bank that has no constraints, which might be an 80. I guess, what I am saying its probably more important what you build is versus what number you have in the first round.
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the stock order pertains to total items being ordered, not nessasarily one model.

So for example;

If a dealership enters a F-150 as code 20, an Explorer as code 21, and a Ranger Raptor as code 22 - that is telling the manufacturer which order to put priority on for that dealership order.

If a different dealership puts in the order at the same time, but reverses the above order I suspect this dealership will receive the Ranger Raptor first for their customer.

While assembly lines are generally separate for most models (some are shared), my guess there is an intricate synchronization of sorts on the back end where all these assembly lines are working in tandem with each other based on this system.

By the dealership putting your Raptor as code 20 it is telling the ford system that as soon as production is able to begin, we want this unit as our highest priority on whatever our current stock order is on multiple vehicles that have no began production.

Code 80 probably tells Ford - we want this unit, but anything else we have put it, if its ready for production, do those first.

Again, I could be completely wrong, but the basic idea seems logical. I am sure someone here can clarify if I am off base or not.

The flip side if it is model specific ordering priority - if your dealership begins processing twenty orders for other trim level Rangers (code 20-40) and your Rapor is code 41, those other units are going to be made first if the production is ready for them to begin before your Raptor. I am assuming the Raptor is made on the same assembly line as a Ranger XL.

One thing we know for sure though: Code 20 is the number one priority spot for a stock order. Better to have a bit of tin foil hat on this than not right?

Last edited:

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Unless they put multiple stock orders in.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Unless they put multiple stock orders in.

This, especially if they screw up and put it in as retail (which nobody knows if this will just put you in limbo since they are not processing those).

Honestly to have a concrete on the way this works we need someone with inside information to break down the intricate details of how it works in conjunction with a dealers complete stock order list across all models as well as how it breaks down when a specific model with multiple trims are assembled on the same line.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prioroty code is specific to a model. Would only affect it against other ranger orders and based upon allocation and commodoties

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Prioroty code is specific to a model. Would only affect it against other ranger orders and based upon allocation and commodoties
Which would make sense.

So those with priority code 80 - if it were me I'd call your dealership back and have them update to code 20 less you order lags behind once more and more people starting ordering XL, XLT, & Lariats.

It is what it is, imagine how pissed you will be when you can see on this forum when another member ordered at the same time as you, but he gets his Ranger a month or more before you, all because of a two digit number on a piece of software.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
20 is highest priority for stock units. 80 is lowest priority. 80 basically tells them they don't care if it's built or not. You'd want and expect them to put you as close to 20 if not 20.
Thanks for the help on this. I had my dealer switch my code to 20. If they put everyone else in as 80, I may have a chance of getting drawn first.

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
So all these dealers I call and they tell me the order banks haven't opened yet.... do you think they're talking about for customers to build and order because they don't know it has to be a stock order? Do you think Ford has opened them to some dealers but not all of them to avoid everyone putting in an order at the same time? I've never ordered a truck or dealt with this before.

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
So all these dealers I call and they tell me the order banks haven't opened yet.... do you think they're talking about for customers to build and order because they don't know it has to be a stock order? Do you think Ford has opened them to some dealers but not all of them to avoid everyone putting in an order at the same time? I've never ordered a truck or dealt with this before.
Honestly this could be several things at play here. It could very well be an uninformed or poorly knowledgeable dealer, but at this point its less likely.

If you're only now starting to inquire, I'm afraid you're a little late. If we are talking about a Raptor, a lot of dealers probably have all their future allocations spoken for already. You might need to try expanding to out of state or if you're willing to pay a ADM to jump the line, that could be an option.
Sponsored