• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
Had the opportunity to hop on an ATL-DTW flight this morning for the sole reason of seeing where I’m putting a large chunk of my future dollars.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow IMG_8872

It is 110% worth the money. As someone that’s short enough to not want to reach for climate controls in the F150, the proportions of the Ranger were great.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow IMG_8878

If your entire crew is under 6’0, you’re in luck. My 5’9 tagalong fit well in the back seat.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow IMG_8880

Met a few other order holders throughout the day. It’s good to meet other mentally ill folks.

The seats were very comfortable. The soft open tailgate was actually soft drop(albeit squeaky), and the headroom was much better than the twins across the way.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow IMG_8897
Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow IMG_8903

That being said, the GM pair presented much better exterior-wise than the Ranger. The Denali possessed far more presence and looked the part of a luxury truck. The Lariat I fear cannot compete(let’s hope for a Platinum). The AT4X interior was horrific. It looked like Captain America’s underwear with the red, white, and blue contrast leather and stitching. And there was lots of interior squeaking for both.

Our negatives:
The Raptor’s seats will absolutely not hold up over time. This demo car has had 2 weeks of people jumping in and out of the front seat and there was already a noticeable sag and creasing on the entry side(Sorry no pictures). The front grill felt really flimsy so early chipping will occur, and there were horrifically noticeable misalignments on the body panels… For a press car, that is unacceptable.
The missing rear vents were painfully noticeable.

Standing back, it garnered the most attention out of the midsize trucks. Most of the folks I interacted with around the Canyon and Colorado showed far more enthusiasm towards the Ranger.

The Tacoma wouldn’t even let you open the door. Have fun with those shocks leaking in your cab..

The truth is, we are buying this vehicle because we have a tuneable 400hp engine. I’ll see those I4’s at the strip. AA batteries or not.

oh, and the root beer shelter is 1000x better in person(thanks to the BR, which at 90k, does not have power seats)

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow IMG_8909

cheers

edit: the XLT was on display in Cactus. Cloth, tall shifter, painted bed. Shy of the missing sunroof, as a carpenter/day-to-day truck, it wins hands down. That’s not just as a Ford fan.
I’m not a Ford employee; coerced, endorses, or paid by Ford to post this. But I am very excited.

Last edited:

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Thanks for the pics and review. How were the cloth seats in the XLT?

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Is the lower front bumper (the part with the parking sensors on it) made of plastic or steel? The old ranger it was steel but I can't tell with the pictures of this one.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
While I haven’t seen any charts comparing legroom dimensions across all of the midsize trucks, the Ranger visually appears to be the roomiest? I just wish there were a SuperCrew longbed configuration and a Tremor package available.

I guess I’ll end up with a Tacoma TRD Off-road or Trailhunter which offers a crew cab longbed instead. I just need to find out for myself how much the Tacoma seating (front and rear) has improved before I pull the trigger. The outgoing Tacoma has a horrible seating position and a cramped back seat useless for an average sized adult.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DirtyRanger

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
An additional reference:
the Denali’s steering wheel was mockingly small. It’s like it was meant to tell you that you couldn’t afford the ‘Rado or ‘Burban.<which underscored how lacking the Escalade was compared to the Navigator.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow IMG_8902

but the peanut butter stitching was much nicer on the eyes
Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow IMG_8901

While I haven’t seen any charts comparing legroom dimensions across all of the midsize trucks, the Ranger visually appears to be the roomiest? I just wish there were a SuperCrew longbed configuration and a Tremor package available.
So I do have to say, the Ranger had more usable room, both laterally and in terms of headroom. There is this weird lump coming down from the the center of the ceiling in the GM twins that did cramp the middle seat. The floor is the same so you lose the ability for a true third middle seat in the back for all of the class.

However, I did hear many people saying there was the same amount of room compared to the adjacent Mav but after sitting in the Mav Tremor, there was clearly more room in the back. So maybe that’s a compliment to the Maverick moreso than anything?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtyRanger

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
Is the lower front bumper (the part with the parking sensors on it) made of plastic or steel? The old ranger it was steel but I can't tell with the pictures of this one.
It was noticeably lower, and it was plastic. Solid, well made, but plastic nonetheless. Ford is downgrading the front end of many vehicles outside of the specialized vehicles.

Thanks for the pics and review. How were the cloth seats in the XLT?
They sat just as nicely as the Raptor. The bolstering was 1:1 aside from the sheen of the leather and “alcantara”. That said, the other soft touch materials in the Raptor, like the armrest and upper window guard… better to the touch.

But like I referenced earlier, these materials do not feel like they’ll hold up over time without meticulous care. Skin oil and general rubbing will matte them down very fast.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
But like I referenced earlier, these materials do not feel like they’ll hold up over time without meticulous care. Skin oil and general rubbing will matte them down very fast.
If it’s anything like the synthetic suede they make my running shoes out of, regular application of some Scotch Guard will keep it stains from setting in and they make suede cleaners you can use when it comes to detailing. According to what I’ve read, the GT500 guys have not had issues with theirs so far.

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
Did you happen to see if the seat and steering wheel both move for the memory settings? I love that feature on all of my f150s and super duty’s, and hope the RR has it to. Can’t wait for the strike to be over so we can get the trucks we ordered. Thanks.

OP
OP
DirtyRanger

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
Did you happen to see if the seat and steering wheel both move for the memory settings? I love that feature on all of my f150s and super duty’s, and hope the RR has it to. Can’t wait for the strike to be over so we can get the trucks we ordered. Thanks.
The steering wheel is a manual latch lock so it doesn’t move with the memory setting but it does have great range of movement and the telescoping portion has sizeable movement to suit apes and T-Rex’s alike.

Sponsored

RobTile

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21M2Comp. 20Ram 1500
The steering wheel is a manual latch lock so it doesn’t move with the memory setting but it does have great range of movement and the telescoping portion has sizeable movement to suit apes and T-Rex’s alike.

the steering wheel doesn’t go back but the seat does when you shut it off.

Made it the show today. the RR is pretty awesome. I did the trail twice. I asked the guy if he could help me with the line and showed him my order number. He was very cool,and accommodating. That part of the course where the truck is on an angle it was 22*. They said it could probably go to 30 and a little more before it tipped and it was sick at 22*. It climbed that hill like nobody’s business.

bottom line is that truck is awesome looking in any color. Shelter green might become velocity blue on my end.
I also agree the seat material sucks and stelantis has us beat in terms of seat quality. I mean really that cant at least do the seating surfaces correctly.
but then again who’s really buying this truck-for the seats. Rest of the interior is awesome.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow 9CE861BE-F751-416F-82BA-3F864E3DC9D1

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow 7523BF0D-3014-4DB1-A051-454F4F1E2621

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow D86BF260-C1A2-4264-BDFA-E216D23BF7CE

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Raptor is 110% worth the money... my impressions from impromptu visit to Detroit Autoshow 17F05333-6B05-429D-9BEA-6A4B840144BA

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I'd still buy the new Tacoma mainly for the hybrid engine. I'm in CA and $6 gallon gas price is tough to swallow. And one of the things I love about my Tremor ...21mpg combined with cheap gas.

RobTile

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21M2Comp. 20Ram 1500
If they are starting that hybrid in April, I don’t think your gonna see that truck before august if your lucky

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
bottom line is that truck is awesome looking in any color. Shelter green might become velocity blue on my end.
Shelter green is the one color that hasn't grown on me. It just looks like an ugly brown in every picture I see. I do believe that in the right light it might be cool but I can't imagine driving a turd color truck around and telling people "you've got to see it 30 minutes before sunset! That's when this color really shines!"