• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
The $64000 question for me is will Ford be able to deliver these Rangers ‘on demand’ or is it just going to be more of the same delays and dealer markups, currently the two larger highway dealers near me have no new Rangers on their lot or even show any incoming, and we all know the sheet show with the Bronco launch.
Boy I long for the days where you could walk the lot and there were so many different colors and option packs that it was a tough choice, haha. Hopefully they’ll be better prepared come production launch this time.
Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
The $64000 question for me is will Ford be able to deliver these Rangers ‘on demand’ or is it just going to be more of the same delays and dealer markups, currently the two larger highway dealers near me have no new Rangers on their lot or even show any incoming, and we all know the sheet show with the Bronco launch.
Boy I long for the days where you could walk the lot and there were so many different colors and option packs that it was a tough choice, haha. Hopefully they’ll be better prepared come production launch this time.
Well, I would never buy off the lot if I could order direct from Ford, which I did in '19. However what will surely be a demand FAR exceeding supply of RRaptors has to acasberate the situation by orders of magnitude. I indicated interest to my dealer (small town, only second person to do so), and of course I watch this site and the Ford Authority site for the latest. I could sell my '19 today for what I paid for it and dealer even asked for a chance to take it in trade (IL laws are re: trade ins are weird) and since I would pay cash not sure trade is an option.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
IIRC, the last info published on the "launch" and dealer stock units supposed to be September? I'm expecting they will still follow recent form and open order banks before then and take it from there. Lots of competition in the mid-size space so it's unknown if there would be a huge rush on the standard XL, XLT, Lariat models. Wildtraks, Raptors, Platinum, etc. will be the challenge, IMO. I have a trusted local dealer who sells customer ordered retail units for MSRP so might have to order 1 sight unseen if it comes to that, but sure would like to see and drive 1 before ordering 🤔

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
IIRC, the last info published on the "launch" and dealer stock units supposed to be September? I'm expecting they will still follow recent form and open order banks before then and take it from there. Lots of competition in the mid-size space so it's unknown if there would be a huge rush on the standard XL, XLT, Lariat models. Wildtraks, Raptors, Platinum, etc. will be the challenge, IMO. I have a trusted local dealer who sells customer ordered retail units for MSRP so might have to order 1 sight unseen if it comes to that, but sure would like to see and drive 1 before ordering 🤔
My dealer is same. Small town, know them all, drove auction and dealer trades for them, etc. and expect similar treatment. Hard to tell what dealers would order or exactly what options the RRaptor might have but one could reasonably expect that you wouldn't have too many options.

Reactions: Doc

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
CSA
You've just pointed out why so many regulations are so stupid in the first place. Yes, a shell will block the brake light. The Jeep Gladiators had to put their brake light on the tailgate because the top is removable but a simple trailer hitch bike rack will block that light so Jeep was not allowed to sell those bike racks from the dealer.
Government at their best

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
USA regulators desperately need to sort out this ADM thing. I promise you it's not the norm.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
I was really hoping the main screen was more like the Bronco's where it's horizontal. Not digging the iPad look on all these new vehicles.
I agree. Our 2020 Edge ST was in for service and we had a 21' SEL loaner and it had the newer Ipad type screen. It would be a deal breaker in that application. It was worse (trying to adjust temp, fan speed etc.) than driving down the road texting. The back up camera is the same size as our current one so it's just a bigger screen with all the HVAC etc. I'm not sure all the rave for this..... To this Raptor, it looks very good. After seeing the 24' XLT pics recently with the front minivan bumper cover treatment, it's amazing how much better this Raptor front looks. A similar "truck" treatment to the XLT with a different grille would have made a huge difference in the appearance IMHO.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I agree. Our 2020 Edge ST was in for service and we had a 21' SEL loaner and it had the newer Ipad type screen. It would be a deal breaker in that application. It was worse (trying to adjust temp, fan speed etc.) than driving down the road texting. The back up camera is the same size as our current one so it's just a bigger screen with all the HVAC etc. I'm not sure all the rave for this..... To this Raptor, it looks very good. After seeing the 24' XLT pics recently with the front minivan bumper cover treatment, it's amazing how much better this Raptor front looks. A similar "truck" treatment to the XLT with a different grille would have made a huge difference in the appearance IMHO.
It seems like some really like it and others don't but I haven't had a chance to see one yet in person on any model. I'm just going off the Bronco I drove off road and it was a huge difference compared to the smaller screen on my 5G. If I'm able to get a raptor I'll adjust to it but with the look of this new 6G Ranger I won't beating down the doors for one either, only the Raptor.

It also doesn't look like much has changed (except the ugly front end) where enough who own the 5G are willing to trade theirs for one. I mean it's pretty much the same drivetrain and maybe a few interior improvements. Besides the HVAC warped box mine has been flawless and I wouldn't even consider trading for any of the new 6G models. The PHEV will be the one that I think most will be looking out for and so will I if the Raptor is to expensive or for some reason falls through.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I agree. Our 2020 Edge ST was in for service and we had a 21' SEL loaner and it had the newer Ipad type screen. It would be a deal breaker in that application. It was worse...than driving down the road texting.
This is what I think will eventually force manufactures to move away from the Ipad screens. It will take some time, but once there are more and more of these giant screens out there and vehicle crashes are determined to be caused because the driver was looking at the screen trying to adjust temperature (or what have you), vehicles will start to revert back to "knob" controls and smaller screens.
Currently we're in a reverse phase of what cell phones did. Phones were getting smaller and smaller, until it got to the point that both consumers & manufacturers realized that you can actually make them too small and larger can be better and easier to operate.
I'm hoping that sooner, rather than later, we get to the same realization that vehicle screens can be too large, and smaller can actually be better.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
This is what I think will eventually force manufactures to move away from the Ipad screens. It will take some time, but once there are more and more of these giant screens out there and vehicle crashes are determined to be caused because the driver was looking at the screen trying to adjust temperature (or what have you), vehicles will start to revert back to "knob" controls and smaller screens.
Currently we're in a reverse phase of what cell phones did. Phones were getting smaller and smaller, until it got to the point that both consumers & manufacturers realized that you can actually make them too small and larger can be better and easier to operate.
I'm hoping that sooner, rather than later, we get to the same realization that vehicle screens can be too large, and smaller can actually be better.
If you notice the new Ranger screens, they have knobs for temp controls and volume. That's really all you need. If you make too many buttons it's the same effect where you're staring at all the physical buttons trying to find the right one with your eyes off the road.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
USA regulators desperately need to sort out this ADM thing. I promise you it's not the norm.
The last thing we need is more regulators mucking things up in the private sector. Everyone has their own price in mind they're willing to pay for vehicles and have the choice of not purchasing if they don't like the prices offered.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Draftsman/Designer
If you notice the new Ranger screens, they have knobs for temp controls and volume. That's really all you need. If you make too many buttons it's the same effect where you're staring at all the physical buttons trying to find the right one with your eyes off the road.
The difference for me is with buttons and knobs, I can "feel" them and adjust them, without looking at them. Using the screen to adjust different controls requires me to look directly at the screen, especially with the roads we have that move my hand all over the place. With knobs/buttons, I can feel them. JMO

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
The difference for me is with buttons and knobs, I can "feel" them and adjust them, without looking at them. Using the screen to adjust different controls requires me to look directly at the screen, especially with the roads we have that move my hand all over the place. With knobs/buttons, I can feel them. JMO
This exactly. With buttons, I know where they are, and as you say, can "feel" them. You can't do this with a touch screen.
It's also aesthetics for me. I just don't like the looks of a giant screen. It severely hampers the designers ability to create a visually appealing dash. As I've said before though, I do give Ford the thumbs up for incorporating the Ranger screen into the dash instead of the current standard of slapping an Ipad on the surface, which looks like a low-budget peel-n-stick install

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
This exactly. With buttons, I know where they are, and as you say, can "feel" them. You can't do this with a touch screen.
It's also aesthetics for me. I just don't like the looks of a giant screen. It severely hampers the designers ability to create a visually appealing dash. As I've said before though, I do give Ford the thumbs up for incorporating the Ranger screen into the dash instead of the current standard of slapping an Ipad on the surface, which looks like a low-budget peel-n-stick install
You can use the voice commands right from the steering wheel. Then you never have to reach or take your eyes off the road.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gen 6 Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then I’d have to…
I was really hoping the main screen was more like the Bronco's where it's horizontal. Not digging the iPad look on all these new vehicles.
The good thing though is that they integrated the big screen into the dashboard. It doesn’t look like they just stuck it on after the fact with some Velcro, duct tape, and hope!

I have it in both my Ranger WildTrak out here where it’s vertical, and my Bronco Badlands where it’s horizontal back home. Actually prefer the vertical after using both. On the vertical the important stuff is more at eye level so it’s easier to find and get to without having to look down so much… also easier reach. In my opinion any way
Sponsored