• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

$80K - F/U Ford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
Oh stop it already with your typical cars sales rhetoric. I have NEVER paid ADM for the record and never will if helps you understand that not everyone is so impatient they'll pay whatever. Geez. Just stop it already. You so-called logic has zero merit. It's more than just Ratpors that have markups. It'll all started in the pandemic and dealers are trying to carry it on as long as possible. The good news is most are so pissed about it they are going long and far to avoid it.

Exclusivity is your illusion, not mine. Trucks being utility vehicles aren't exclusive. Too funny. Save your breadth for the next chump, seriously.
I never paid markup either but can understand why someone would be willing to sell something to someone willing to pay more than I was before they would sell it to me. My logic is very sound. Unfortunately money rules the world I don’t know what to tell you, I don’t love it either. This applies to more than just cars by the way and the logic has been around since the beginning of time as it applies to buying things. Same reason you can pay more not to wait in lines at Disney world. The consumer market for the car dictates the pricing, same reason things no one want get discounted, my only point was that you can’t really blame the dealer for attempting to maximize profit and certainly not ford and you have many other dealerships you can do business with if you think one is operating in a way that doesn’t sit well with you. You’re free to do what’s ever you want, today you’ve chosen to rant about it online in a forum for discussion and then getting mad when someone chooses to discuss the topic, not sure what the goal was here unless you just wanted a bunch of online people you’ll never meet to tell you that you’re right. The best part about this is that you live in Miami, where you are paying ADM for every aspect of your life to on a daily basis lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I never paid markup either but can understand why someone would be willing to sell something to someone willing to pay more than I was before they would sell it to me. My logic is very sound. Unfortunately money rules the world I don’t know what to tell you, I don’t love it either. This applies to more than just cars by the way and the logic has been around since the beginning of time as it applies to buying things. Same reason you can pay more not to wait in lines at Disney world. The consumer market for the car dictates the pricing, same reason things no one want get discounted, my only point was that you can’t really blame the dealer for attempting to maximize profit and certainly not ford and you have many other dealerships you can do business with if you think one is operating in a way that doesn’t sit well with you. You’re free to do what’s ever you want, today you’ve chosen to rant about it online in a forum for discussion and then getting mad when someone chooses to discuss the topic, not sure what the goal was here unless you just wanted a bunch of online people you’ll never meet to tell you that you’re right. The best part about this is that you live in Miami, where you are paying ADM for every aspect of your life to on a daily basis lol.
Maybe there's a reason I live in Miami and not NJ. Maybe there's a reason some have money and some don't. I have a business degree. I understand the laws of supply and demand I can assure you. The pandemic was also an anomaly, and I'll state it again, dealers want the public to believe there will be a never ending supply shortage so they can continue to rape consumers. If this sits well with you, I hope you purchased an endless supply of lube KY lube.

I paid below MSRP for my SUV in 2020 and MSRP for my Ranger 1.5 years ago, even though they wanted ADM. Hmmm.

$80K for a RR when I can get the F-150 Ratptor for the same is just pathetic.

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
You don’t have to pay 80k for a raptor though, plenty people here bought them for Msrp, so once again a post saying FU ford really makes no sense when you are talking about one specific dealers advertised pricing is weird. congrats on your degree, I have one too.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
You don’t have to pay 80k for a raptor though, plenty people here bought them for Msrp, so once again a post saying FU ford really makes no sense when you are talking about one specific dealers advertised pricing is weird. congrats on your degree, I have one too.
This!!!!! All of this!!! Nailed it! Aka blame the dealer not Ford… Ford can only do so much with the laws in place that protect Dealerships from the Car Manufacturers

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Maybe there's a reason I live in Miami and not NJ. Maybe there's a reason some have money and some don't. I have a business degree. I understand the laws of supply and demand I can assure you. The pandemic was also an anomaly, and I'll state it again, dealers want the public to believe there will be a never ending supply shortage so they can continue to rape consumers. If this sits well with you, I hope you purchased an endless supply of lube KY lube.

I paid below MSRP for my SUV in 2020 and MSRP for my Ranger 1.5 years ago, even though they wanted ADM. Hmmm.

$80K for a RR when I can get the F-150 Ratptor for the same is just pathetic.
If u don't want to buy one, don't. Wait and see if prices come down or not. But quit bitching. No one bitches when the mkt swings the other way and dealers have to give cars away. Dealers are going to make money when they can to offset when they can't, just like any other business person does.

If you don't like it stay out of the mkt until it swings the other way and those of us who still want to buy will. Makes neither ignorant, we're simply doing what we choose to do.

Maybe get to know a dealer well and establish a relationship and lose the cynicism. I have and I won't be paying msrp on my Ranger Raptor.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know what I mean. Farely is on record talking about stealers as well. If Ford makes a vehicle for 57K, but the dealer tries to sell it for 20K more and the consumer buys a different brand, that's a lost sale to Ford and the stealer. See how that works. You need to start looking at them together. I know your position.
But ford has no say over telling a dealer how to price their vehicles. And if people are willing to pay those prices, it is what it is.

Hate on the dealer's if you want to, but ford isn't setting the admins or selling them at those prices.

You forget the real customer to ford is the dealer. They buy the vehicle from Ford and then you buy it from them.

So again, buy it, or don't, but quit bitching about Ford.

Last edited:
OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
But ford has no say over telling a dealer how to price their vehicles. And if people are willing to pay those prices, it is what it is.

Hate on the dealer's if you want to, but ford isn't setting the admins or selling them at those prices.

You forget the real customer to ford is the dealer. They buy the vehicle from Ford and then you buy it from them.

So again, buy it, or don't, but quit bitching about Ford.
Thanks for educating me on how to buy a vehicle. I'd be lost without you but I have to say, you are clueless. You should due some basic due diligence before professing to be an expert on a topic. Here's some reading for you. Farley may not have been successful so far regarding ADM fees, but at least he recognizes it.

"Farley said during an earnings call this week that about 10% of the dealer network has been charging above MSRP, and he's not thrilled. According to Gary Gastelu at Fox Business, Barclays analyst Brian Johnson estimated the value of the markups at $3.6 billion.?"

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44172/ford-boss-puts-the-kibosh-on-unreasonable-dealer-markups

Ford Boss Puts the Kibosh on ‘Unreasonable’ Dealer Markups
Jim Farley has his eyes on the brand’s dealerships, and he’s not afraid to pull vehicle allocations for those who step out of line.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for educating me on how to buy a vehicle. I'd be lost without you but I have to say, you are clueless. You should due some basic due diligence before professing to be an expert on a topic. Here's some reading for you. Farley may not have been successful so far regarding ADM fees, but at least he recognizes it.

"Farley said during an earnings call this week that about 10% of the dealer network has been charging above MSRP, and he's not thrilled. According to Gary Gastelu at Fox Business, Barclays analyst Brian Johnson estimated the value of the markups at $3.6 billion.?"

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44172/ford-boss-puts-the-kibosh-on-unreasonable-dealer-markups

Ford Boss Puts the Kibosh on ‘Unreasonable’ Dealer Markups
Jim Farley has his eyes on the brand’s dealerships, and he’s not afraid to pull vehicle allocations for those who step out of line.
Him not being thrilled and being able to do something about it are different things. And earlier you were blaming ford too and now your saying they don't like it either. You went from fu ford to saying they want to stop it too. Which is it, flip flopper?

Your welcome for the education, but it doesn't appear it will stick with you.

Just keep bitching, I guess.

And I do understand the business very well having been in it. But flame away if it's helping you feel better about yourself.

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Him not being thrilled and being able to do something about it are different things. And earlier you were blaming ford too and now your saying they don't like it either.

Your welcome for the education, but it doesn't appear it will stick with you.

Just keep bitching, I guess.

And I do understand the business very well having been in it. But flame away if it's helping you feel better about yourself.
You keep replying...Seems you have some opinions and hat's fine , but don't complain when you are the one keeping it alive. Move on if you don't like it, no?

I think the ADM is ridiculous....I know I'm not alone....You sorta agree, but then want to keep up the banter....You don't have to agree with anything I write. Just move on if you don't care for it. I won't be offended.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You keep replying...Seems you have some opinions and hat's fine , but don't complain when you are the one keeping it alive. Move on if you don't like it, no?

I think the ADM is ridiculous....I know I'm not alone....You sorta agree, but then want to keep up the banter....You don't have to agree with anything I write. Just move on if you don't care for it. I won't be offended.
You keep responding to everyone, not me.

Don't buy one and move on if thats your choice. But continuing to bitch about it, is just sad.

Again, spend more time finding a dealer that will work with you on one and less bitching on here and you just might get one bought.

Sponsored
OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger

Don't buy one and move on if thats your choice. But continuing to bitch about it, is just sad.

Again, spend more time finding a dealer that will work with you on one and less bitching on here and you just might get one bought.
Are you done?

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger

Seriously, I'm just raising awareness and would hope more would make a stink about ADM fees.

Everyone would benefit. I can afford to pay whatever, but I won't. I have vehicles, so I have choices obviously. The small guy that's trying to make ends meet is the one getting screwed. I'm not exactly that guy, but I'd like to stick up for those that earn an honest living. That's really the intent of the rant.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously, I'm just raising awareness and would hope more would make a stink about ADM fees.

Everyone would benefit. I can afford to pay whatever, but I won't. I have vehicles, so I have choices obviously. The small guy that's trying to make ends meet is the one getting screwed. I'm not exactly that guy, but I'd like to stick up for those that earn an honest living. That's really the intent of the rant.
As many dealers do. Again, you wouldn't be complaining if they were giving the trucks away. Some years they get to make money, Some they don't.

And everyone has the choice to not buy or buy somewhere else.

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
As many dealers do. Again, you wouldn't be complaining if they were giving the trucks away. Some years they get to make money, Some they don't.

And everyone has the choice to not buy or buy somewhere else.
I highly suggest you become more educated on this topic and read the link I shared above. This isn't my issue, it's a FORD issue. How much more clear can it be.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.