• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

$80K - F/U Ford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Sadly true. But won't be me. I'm paying under msrp at my dealer.
only if it ever ships :) Have you heard any updates on it yet?
Sponsored

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
It’s ridiculous to even put a dealer mark up Out there right now. I can’t imagine paying $10-$20k over.

I am hoping this fall things will settle down and the mark-ups will go away.
The reality is people will happily pay it to get what they want. Once Ford gets these shipping in volume I imagine the markups will mostly go away.

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Ford stock has been flat for 20 years, yet these dealerships are making BANK selling new vehicles way over MSRP. It makes zero sense for this insanity to continue even one more day.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Ford stock has been flat for 20 years, yet these dealerships are making BANK selling new vehicles way over MSRP. It makes zero sense for this insanity to continue even one more day.
It sucks now. But there were plenty of lean years that they got to give the cars away while paying 8-12% floorplan interest on all of the cars sitting on their lots and just scratched to get by.

It's cyclical. Right now they get to be greedy, here very soon it will be back the other way.

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
At the end of the day if you owned a season ticket for football stadium that had $150 face value, and you wanted to sell your ticket, you would sell it to the person offering you $300 before the person offering $150. Cant really blame Ford or the dealer, supply and demand,

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
At the end of the day if you owned a season ticket for football stadium that had $150 face value, and you wanted to sell your ticket, you would sell it to the person offering you $300 before the person offering $150. Cant really blame Ford or the dealer, supply and demand,
Bingo!

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
When you purposely control supply, they can get away with this. The pandemic is over.
Unfortubnuately, it will take unemployment rising to make any real impact. Right now, ppl have jobs, unless you work in tech. Once this changes, and it will, then things get back to reality. In the meantime, they can keep them.

How Ford can charge the same price for a RR as an F-150 Ratpor is interesting. I'll watch all the fools throw away their money so they can be first in line. I've worked to hard to just to walk in with a bag of money and hand it over - why again?

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
When you purposely control supply, they can get away with this. The pandemic is over.
Unfortubnuately, it will take unemployment rising to make any real impact. Right now, ppl have jobs, unless you work in tech. Once this changes, and it will, then things get back to reality. In the meantime, they can keep them.

How Ford can charge the same price for a RR as an F-150 Ratpor is interesting. I'll watch all the fools throw away their money so they can be first in line. I've worked to hard to just to walk in with a bag of money and hand it over - why again?
Why? Because you want a thing and you want it now and you don't care what it costs. Been that way since the dawn of time.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX

They aren't. Ford is charging 57k to 59k for a ranger raptor, a f150 raptor is 15k to 20k more and a raptor r is 100k.

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
They aren't. Ford is charging 57k to 59k for a ranger raptor, a f150 raptor is 15k to 20k more and a raptor r is 100k.
You know what I mean. Farely is on record talking about stealers as well. If Ford makes a vehicle for 57K, but the dealer tries to sell it for 20K more and the consumer buys a different brand, that's a lost sale to Ford and the stealer. See how that works. You need to start looking at them together. I know your position.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
I agree with you, but Ford needs to stop this insanity. Again, I'll easily go to a different brand if i can't get the price I want. It's just a matter of principle.
They can do little on this yes they can do something but it is minimum they can do without breaking the law which gives dealers more free rain with doing business

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
You know what I mean. Farely is on record talking about stealers as well. If Ford makes a vehicle for 57K, but the dealer tries to sell it for 20K more and the consumer buys a different brand, that's a lost sale to Ford and the stealer. See how that works. You need to start looking at them together. I know your position.
So market pricing is ok when it works in the consumers favor but not the dealer? You should have been paying Msrp for all of your cars even before covid then. Its a limited availability car, that’s the way the world works, high end brands been doing this for a long time. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay, you don’t have to buy a raptor, you are choosing to buy one and when you do that you are subject to the market on the car. There is always a premium attached to exclusivity.

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
So market pricing is ok when it works in the consumers favor but not the dealer? You should have been paying Msrp for all of your cars even before covid then. Its a limited availability car, that’s the way the world works, high end brands been doing this for a long time. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay, you don’t have to buy a raptor, you are choosing to buy one and when you do that you are subject to the market on the car. There is always a premium attached to exclusivity.
Oh stop it already with your typical cars sales rhetoric. I have NEVER paid ADM for the record and never will if helps you understand that not everyone is so impatient they'll pay whatever. Geez. Just stop it already. You so-called logic has zero merit. It's more than just Ratpors that have markups. It'll all started in the pandemic and dealers are trying to carry it on as long as possible. The good news is most are so pissed about it they are going long and far to avoid it.

Exclusivity is your illusion, not mine. Trucks being utility vehicles aren't exclusive. Too funny. Save your breadth for the next chump, seriously.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.