• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Another 2024 XLT Ranger Spotted, with bash plate

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
The "Sport" package: https://fordauthority.com/2023/03/2024-ford-ranger-xlt-sport-appearance-package-first-look/

That truck is in dire need of a leveling kit. Would look 1000 x's better with less rake.
So, based on what's been coming out, it looks as if Ford is keeping the same plastic front end as the overseas model. Was really hoping they'd go to a separate front bumper like the 5G.
100% agree about the bumper. I hate those black trim pieces that flank the grill. The 5G bumpers on all trim levels look much better!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I agree. Iā€™m not at all a fan of chrome either. Seems like the boomers are bigger chrome fansā€¦ to each their own though, variety isnā€™t a bad thing. Itā€™s an easy pass on any chrome package for this 52 year old.
65 here. I'm not bothered by tasteful use of chrome, but never seek out vehicles for it or add options for it. Growing up, chrome was liberally used as design language in the auto industry. With changes to safety laws and integrated bumpers with body colored plastic covered bare steel underneath the trends seemed to change to less and less chrome on bumpers, mirrors, grilles, etc. as standard equipment. The other extreme was the trend of blacking everything out. Things evolve over time and changing tastes eventually get reflected in vehicle appearance preferences.

NDL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Ranger Owner
I'm disappointed with the Gen 6 update:

- The rear end of the Gen 6 looks a thousand times better than the current gen: the bumper, tailgate, tailights are a huge win.

- The C pillar of the Gen 6 I am not a fan of.

- The front end looks terrible, in my opinion: it's blunted; I hate the integrated bumper.

- The side and front view of the truck looks a little bulbous.

- The interior of the gen 6 is miles ahead of the current gen in appearance, but the touchscreen madness is silly: the benefit of knobs for HVAC/Radio use is that they're tactile: you never have to take your eyes off of the road when using them. Touchscreens require more attention, and attract fingerprints. The gen 6 has knobs on the bottom of the stack, but there's not enough of them in my opinion.

- The chrome accents on the Gen 6 are appropriate and appreciated: subtle, and classy.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I'm disappointed with the Gen 6 update:

- The rear end of the Gen 6 looks a thousand times better than the current gen: the bumper, tailgate, tailights are a huge win.

- The C pillar of the Gen 6 I am not a fan of.

- The front end looks terrible, in my opinion: it's blunted; I hate the integrated bumper.

- The side and front view of the truck looks a little bulbous.

- The interior of the gen 6 is miles ahead of the current gen in appearance, but the touchscreen madness is silly: the benefit of knobs for HVAC/Radio use is that they're tactile: you never have to take your eyes off of the road when using them. Touchscreens require more attention, and attract fingerprints. The gen 6 has knobs on the bottom of the stack, but there's not enough of them in my opinion.

- The chrome accents on the Gen 6 are appropriate and appreciated: subtle, and classy.
HVAC and volume controls arenā€™t fully integrated into the touch screen. You still have knobs

Sponsored

Stix

First Name
Stix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger next generation
Occupation
Retired
I think the 6 gen looks great !
Reminds me of a 70's f150 classic!
Not so keen on the chrome , my sport has been de chromed .
Much more macho looking than the 5 gen , too many curve's.
Stix

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
I think the 6 gen looks great !
Reminds me of a 70's f150 classic!
Not so keen on the chrome , my sport has been de chromed .
Much more macho looking than the 5 gen , too many curve's.
Stix
I wish I could agree with you. But the 6th gen just looks ugly to me. I've always liked the first T6 before the first refresh around 2015 best. That is the global version as the US spec was also ugly for me. I owned a 2014 in the Fiji Islands. Miss that truck. I think GM did allot better job in designing the new Colorado. From what I have seen the new Tacoma will look nicer as well.

Ford Ranger Another 2024 XLT Ranger Spotted, with bash plate 2014 Ranger

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
The chrome makes it look like your Dadā€™s old Chevy pickup. Ford Authority is still reporting the production start in May?
Agreed. Get rid of the chrome.

Stix

First Name
Stix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I wish I could agree with you. But the 6th gen just looks ugly to me. I've always liked the first T6 before the first refresh around 2015 best. That is the global version as the US spec was also ugly for me. I owned a 2014 in the Fiji Islands. Miss that truck. I think GM did allot better job in designing the new Colorado. From what I have seen the new Tacoma will look nicer as well.

2014 Ranger.jpg

2014 Ranger.jpg
Sorry Dude , too much chrome for my liking , old ranger is looking very dated now. Maybe in 20 years it will look good as a retro truck

Stix

First Name
Stix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Ford Ranger Another 2024 XLT Ranger Spotted, with bash plate cq5dam.web.374.210
That looks the Business !

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
cq5dam.web.374.210.jpg
That looks the Business !
That looks good but they definitely did something with the lighting to make those hood bulges bigger than they are. In normal pictures, it does not look that aggressive.

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
That looks good but they definitely did something with the lighting to make those hood bulges bigger than they are. In normal pictures, it does not look that aggressive.
I really wanted to like this upcoming gen as I really loved my 2014. But it had the 3.2 turbo diesel which was kind of special. Had none of that DEF crap. If I buy one I would replace that grill first thing. The front end is borderline ugly IMO. And yes this picture looks different then real pics. After seeing a new GM trail boss Colorado the other day I have to say GM hit that out of the park as far as styling. And the way they integrated the infotainment system to flow into the gauge cluster looks better then Fords idea of a tablet style format. I know they are doing the same as GM by following the design language of their full sizes. The problem being I'm not a big fan of the boxy design of the F-150 and front end. But they do look good with different trim pieces and grills etc.. I'm pretty sure the Raptor is going to look great but its going to cost bucks. And dealers will mark them up 10K. So far, Fords new gen platform with the VW Amarok is the best looking. I believe it has a AWD system along with the twin turbo diesel that makes a massive amount of torque. Something like what the raptor will put out (the twin turbo 3.0 petrol motor) Unfortunately VW won't import that to the states.

Ford Ranger Another 2024 XLT Ranger Spotted, with bash plate Amarok.JPG

Then looking at a spy photo of the Ranger
Ford Ranger Another 2024 XLT Ranger Spotted, with bash plate RANGER SPY.JPG

And then this bad boy I saw near my home yesterday

Ford Ranger Another 2024 XLT Ranger Spotted, with bash plate Front

Last edited:

Stix

First Name
Stix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
We love pickups ! That's why we are all here .
Every manufacturer has unique features .
Personally I love the jeep j10's from the 70's
Keep on Trucking 10/4
Sponsored