• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Anyone figure out the perfect EQ audio settings?

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Some songs sound great but others not. But messing with the EQ I have no clue what I’m doing. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Mine is centered, in stereo, bass turned down to like the second from the left, and the others flat. It's been great for everything I've thrown at it, and I listen to just about everything.

Ford Ranger Anyone figure out the perfect EQ audio settings? 20240503_144629

Last edited:

twaderobyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Admin
The B&O seems to be merely the new factory radio. I can’t ever seem to find the right sound on mine either.

Sponsored

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Never thought of that before. But new material is new material. It's like a new piece of furniture, break it in.
Yeah. I recall reading speakers need something like 40hrs of play time to break-in before being able to judge their performance.

Personally, I'm hoping the sound stage opens up a bit. Right now it's fairly concentrated in the center of the dash, so albums like Miles Davis's Kind of Blue (Columbia remaster) sound crowded when the musicians should sound like they are spread out across the dash (like on a stage).

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
I changed my settings from stereo to Surround sound and it is a vast improvement

ebb.Head

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor; 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Occupation
Marketing
Mine is centered, in stereo, bass turned down to like the second from the left, and the others flat. It's been great for everything I've thrown at it, and I listen to just about everything.

20240503_144629.jpg
So you are keeping Fader in center? I feel like I’m not getting enough background sound so I push it back a couple steps.

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
So you are keeping Fader in center? I feel like I’m not getting enough background sound so I push it back a couple steps.
Yup. I tried both forward and back, but center adds just enough fill for my seating position.

Anyone else find adjusting the settings while driving a PITA? Having a + or - next to the tone adjustments would be nice. Heck, the fact tone adjustments require 3 taps to access is kinda silly too. I adjust tone (bass) more than fade/balance. Maybe that's just a me thing.

Sponsored

ebb.Head

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor; 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Occupation
Marketing
Yup. I tried both forward and back, but center adds just enough fill for my seating position.

Anyone else find adjusting the settings while driving a PITA? Having a + or - next to the tone adjustments would be nice. Heck, the fact tone adjustments require 3 taps to access is kinda silly too. I adjust tone (bass) more than fade/balance. Maybe that's just a me thing.
Agreed…plus and minus would be nice. Very clunky

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Stock system..better than some. Depends on music being played.

After mkt is only way to perfect sound.

I'm happy, but I'm over 50 and not blasting anymore.

Bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 1984 Mustang SVO
Occupation
Engineer
Like others have said, it's a factory system and the "perfect" EQ setting may work for you but not me. Also, at this price point and in this market, the sound engineers do the best they can then the accountants get involved and this is what we're left with. It is, after all, a Ford not a Bentley. The widest range of adjustability comes from a DSP. Unfortunately, these are usually not adpoted well to factory sound systems but the last I knew, JL Audio made one that had speaker level inputs/outputs that may do the job if it's still in production. Google is your friend here. Just be prepared to have someone pull you out of the rabbit hole should you decide to go down this route. Once you start, it never seems to end.
Sponsored