• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My last first year Tacoma was a bust. Got rid of it in less than a year, as it had significant issues. So it happens to them on revamped models too.

I think the Ranger having been out in other markets is a safer route at this point.
Wow & of all makers you’d think Toyota wouldn’t have first model year issues, even if anyone can build a 🍋. I do agree though with you since the Ranger is already out in other markets, design/engineering defects should be worked out. Manufacturing processes should be improved before bringing the truck to MAP. So the only real ‘new’ part of all this is people at MAP learning how to screw together the new Ranger.
Sponsored

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Hey neighbor, I see you're in ABQ? Got any opinions on Reliable Nissan? I'm doing my due diligence looking at the Frontier long bed options and not impressed with Nissan dealer nearest me in Durango.
I've had good/bad experience from both Reliable Nissan and Melloy Nissan on Lomas. Overall I prefer Melloy. To be honest, Albuquerque is not a great city to get deals on trucks. I've had to buy in Arizona a few times to get a good deal. My approach is to find the best deal online first. Then go locally in ABQ. If they can't match the deals I see in Phoenix then I buy out of state. In short, I'm not loyal to nobody. Also many banks are in crisis with many on the verge of collapse with bad sub prime loans. Money is drying up in the economy and inventories are rising on dealer lots. Many dealers are still stubbornly holding onto high MSRP's but if you can wait it will be easier. Good luck.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I've had good/bad experience from both Reliable Nissan and Melloy Nissan on Lomas. Overall I prefer Melloy. To be honest, Albuquerque is not a great city to get deals on trucks. I've had to buy in Arizona a few times to get a good deal. My approach is to find the best deal online first. Then go locally in ABQ. If they can't match the deals I see in Phoenix then I buy out of state. In short, I'm not loyal to nobody. Also many banks are in crisis with many on the verge of collapse with bad sub prime loans. Money is drying up in the economy and inventories are rising on dealer lots. Many dealers are still stubbornly holding onto high MSRP's but if you can wait it will be easier. Good luck.
Great inputs! I'm not in a huge hurry, just want to be completely ready to swoop in and make my best deal when market conditions are in my favor. I can pay cash in full, or use my Maverick (paid for) as trade bait and make up any difference in cash. I have a single trusted Ford dealer in town that wants my Maverick back on trade or outright purchase for fair market value, but I only want SCab Ranger with long bed and we have no clue when that will be available to order.

I have no Nissan dealer in town and have to go to Durango for the closest 1. Found them to be shady after a couple discussions. Nissan does have the configuration I want with inventory on multiple lots right now, but no way does Frontier warrant any market adjustment $ given their weak market position and desirability VS. competition. Probably just going to get a Ranger order in system later after we see how launch goes and if any production ramp up problems, then change specifics on it if the SCab happens. Keep watching Frontier situation and economic situations and let those 2 paths play out until 1 or the other makes the decision for me :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help!

GoldenAtlas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tundra
Wow & of all makers you’d think Toyota wouldn’t have first model year issues, even if anyone can build a 🍋. I do agree though with you since the Ranger is already out in other markets, design/engineering defects should be worked out. Manufacturing processes should be improved before bringing the truck to MAP. So the only real ‘new’ part of all this is people at MAP learning how to screw together the new Ranger.
The Toyota/Subaru mechanic I go said the first year new generation Tundras have had a host of problems so far. I didn’t press for specifics but he said that the brand new engine was still working out the kinks.
I’d be personally quite weary of the Tacoma with brand new engines. One of the main attractions to the Ranger is that it seems to be almost entirely the same drive train. New body and some suspension parts along with some cool new tech but those parts also we might guess came from the Fseries since they are present there

Reactions: MJE

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The Toyota/Subaru mechanic I go said the first year new generation Tundras have had a host of problems so far. I didn’t press for specifics but he said that the brand new engine was still working out the kinks.
I’d be personally quite weary of the Tacoma with brand new engines. One of the main attractions to the Ranger is that it seems to be almost entirely the same drive train. New body and some suspension parts along with some cool new tech but those parts also we might guess came from the Fseries since they are present there
Agreed. There’s nothing in the Ranger really that hasn’t already been proven either in the previous Ranger, or elsewhere (F-series). Plus it’s been on sale really for a year now everywhere else. So parts/components & manufacturing processes should all be as ironed out as they can be, it’s just a case of making sure new workers understand how to assemble it.
Sponsored