• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Dealer says Ranger Raptor is NOT an allocated vehicle …

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
My dealer said they had one allocated and can order as many as he wanted. However my understand is the allocations are build first then the customer orders will follow. I’m sure the priority numbers and the dealer size will have some effect on the. Hilda order. At the end of the day we ordered next year’s model so I don’t expect mine until next year. The Dealer promised mine sometime between Sept 2023 and Sept 2024. BTW I’m paying MSRP. I’m not 100% that I’ll take mine the inability to flat tow is an issue, purchasing a Car trailer would be a work around but towing using the Raptor doesn’t work. Im In no hurry and a F250 May be a better fit.
They will produce the one allocation that was promised each dealer. Then based on sales figures, and other dynamics Ford will begin allocation of further raptors to dealers. No one knows how many or when this will occur. So if you did not get the one guaranteed to your dealer, they can not give you any idea as to when or even if you will get your Raptor at this time.

This will change once production ramps up and Ford has a better handle on their commodities, etc. But this isn't happening soon, especially with the strike ongoing.
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
We are supposed to find out this quarter about additional allocations, but of course with the strikes on-going, that will also get delayed to who knows when.

All of this just leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, another poor launch by Ford with poor communication and information provided to dealers and the public.

They shouldn't have gotten in a hurry and should've just started ordering and production at the end of the year or 1st qtr of 2024 like toyota is. They kinda jumped the gun on this and it appears that they will continue to anger consumers with the continued delays and poor communication.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are supposed to find out this quarter about additional allocations, but of course with the strikes on-going, that will also get delayed to who knows when.

All of this just leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.
Likely after 1st of yr or later as little to no production will have occurred before then, as it stands now.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Honestly, another poor launch by Ford with poor communication and information provided to dealers and the public.

They shouldn't have gotten in a hurry and should've just started ordering and production at the end of the year or 1st qtr of 2024 like toyota is. They kinda jumped the gun on this and it appears that they will continue to anger consumers with the continued delays and poor communication.
Yep this is why I'm seriously considering a Tacoma. It's not what I really want, a Raptor would be perfect, but its good enough for my purposes, it'll hold its value well and hopefully be reliable.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford should take note to how Toyota has handled the Tacoma launch and how slow ad methodically the info has come out as well as production and ability to order. Have made no fa
There is only commitment from Ford to produce one raptor per dealer at this time. It is not price protected being that it is the dealer's vehicle/allocation that they are then selling to you. Future raptor orders down the road may be different, but not for now.

We owned a Ford dealership in my family for 97 years and I was involved in it. I'm still very close to the new ownership and several other dealers, so I both understand how things work and have access to internal info through them and some of my old Ford contacts.

Last edited:

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep this is why I'm seriously considering a Tacoma. It's not what I really want, a Raptor would be perfect, but its good enough for my purposes, it'll hold its value well and hopefully be reliable.
I'm in the same boat. I'm very good friends with the local Toyota dealer and if the raptor keeps getting kicked down the road, production wise, I may buy a trd off road Tacoma for now and see what happens later. The hybrid engine and its possible fuel economy upside is intriguing and they have definitely improved their Tacoma, as I was not a fan of the old transmission and engine setup or seating position.

You can get heated/ air conditioned seats, moon roof, etc that you can't on a Raptor, so it's definitely making me think the longer this drags out.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
Ford should take note to how Toyota has handled the Tacoma launch and how slow ad methodically the info has come out as well as production and ability to order. Have made no fa

There is only commitment from Ford to produce one raptor per dealer at this time. It is not price protected being that it is the dealer's vehicle/allocation that they are then selling to you. Future raptor orders down the road may be different, but not for now.
So then wouldn't it stand to reason that you're price protected if you have that single allotment?

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So then wouldn't it stand to reason that you're price protected if you have that single allotment?
No as it is being built for their stock. My dealer and the regional manager for Ford made it clear the first round of Raptors are not price protected. My agreement with my dealer is to pay $1000 below msrp, whatever that happens to be once it's produced.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
No as it is being built for their stock. My dealer and the regional manager for Ford made it clear the first round of Raptors are not price protected. My agreement with my dealer is to pay $1000 below msrp, whatever that happens to be once it's produced.
Ford required all Raptor orders to be resubmitted as retail in June. There are no dealer stock orders, they’re all retail. Retail orders have price protection.

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
The $tealership are going to get a lot of $$$$...........

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford required all Raptor orders to be resubmitted as retail in June. There are no dealer stock orders, they’re all retail. Retail orders have price protection.
Good luck with that. Ford rep said that wasn't the case. Guess we will see.

RAR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
It's too early to tell if there is price protection on RR orders. Ford typically publicly releases the vehicles that are price protected on retail orders through Smart Vincent. Just make sure your information on your purchase agreement matches exactly what your ID and address say. The only way the dealership gets the rebate is if the final sales paperwork matches the initial purchase paperwork.

Good video to watch:

HOW TO COMPLETE THE PRICE PROTECTION ON AN ORDERED VEHICLE - YouTube

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer has my Raptor as a stock order. Will this delay my order? Should he change it to retail or does it matter? Ford seemed to give confusing direction early on about stock vs retail on the Rangers.
Priority numbers typical 20~80 are for dealer stock and on the back burner. Retail are 10 ~20 and have higher priority, closer to 10 being better. Orders 9 or under can be requested by regional managers only. Some exceptions would be what parts are available so not always will the lower number be first. In most cases a dealer stock will be 40 or higher ( maybe 20) retail seem to be often 12 +- a couple.
Sponsored