• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Does the order bank open on launch? confused

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I'd estimate 7% take rate on diesel if Ranger offered this powertrain in North America. There is no reason to offer diesel considering quality of fuel, emissions regulations, cost and complexity of compliance. A hybrid ranger would have an audience with an appetite

I'm just waiting to place my Raptor order.
I was going to guess 10% maximum uptake in USA. You can also add extra cost of DEP in every tank, water separator filter changes and more. You need to leave them running most the time when you stop because excess stopping and starting (like normal in ICE cars) causes premature wear of engines. Also makes your hands and clothes stink from handling gas pump nozzles.

Also, the supposed advantage of diesel trucks is greater power and torque for towing, but these modern ECOboost type engines match or exceed torque and towing in most cases. The massive corporate fraud and cheating scandals using SW to cheat both emissions and MPG is another Red flag. So, IMO, just no reason to go diesel at all.

Last thing, I read today that Europe is now looking to expedite demise of hybrids as well as full ICE so holding out for a hybrid may not buy much extra over time. I plan to buy only ICE until I'm FORCED to find alternatives and then I will skip hybrids and go straight BEV. Likely a conversion of my current vehicles since there are crate motors available from Ford to retrofit and additional Chevy Bolt complete conversion kits out there for sale. I predict in the next decade or 2 full BEV conversions will be HUGE money makers for shops- and watch the established dealers try to monopolize that industry and force out independents and little guy shops doing it.
Sponsored