• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Doors hard to close

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Did removing the foam help with closing the doors?
didn't remove it. Dealer said it was supposed to be there to keep the bed from rattling against the cab while driving🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Just checked my Lariat and has the exact same thing...was wondering why I felt like I needed to slam the doors to get them to close...I had to lock my cameras focus in on something else to get a really clear crisp shot of it.

foam.jpg
Hi Nathan! I can look into your Ranger's door concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Ranger's VIN?

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor (4/19/24)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
didn't remove it. Dealer said it was supposed to be there to keep the bed from rattling against the cab while driving🤷‍♂️
Ford - Is it smoke/fire resistant foam? Or something they tried to fix on the fly?
Thinking of possibilities/things that could happen while camping at a big rock festival with friends that have had more than a few adult beverages.

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor/ 2022 Jeep 392
Occupation
work on Mars
Ok took to dealership and they removed insulation peace between cab and bed. Also they sent to body shop to get doors aligned and hood fixed. “FORD MOTOR CO UAW VERY POOR”

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
work on Mars
Has anyone seen this insulation stuck between the bed and the cab of the truck? I believe it’s keeping the pressure relief door from opening when doors are shut. Just want some feedback before I get a tool to grab it and yank it out
IMG_0256.jpeg
IMG_0255.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg
Update:
Took to dealership and peace’s of insulation behind cab stuck to bed are for the bed shipping during assembly. “They are not a part of the Ranger parts listing and should have been removed during assembly”. So dealership removed the only one left on drivers side, but both sides are on during assembly and shipping of bed to factory. Doors shut a little better body shop said there is not anything they can actually adjust. Good luck.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Update:
Took to dealership and peace’s of insulation behind cab stuck to bed are for the bed shipping during assembly. “They are not a part of the Ranger parts listing and should have been removed during assembly”. So dealership removed the only one left on drivers side, but both sides are on during assembly and shipping of bed to factory. Doors shut a little better body shop said there is not anything they can actually adjust. Good luck.
Sure glad the QA people are working....lol or the assembly people are lazy and just took off one side. :facepalm:

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Sure glad the QA people are working....lol or the assembly people are lazy and just took off one side. :facepalm:
Sure glad they are taking all this extra time for QA before they ship
Day 101 in production.:giggle:

Last edited:

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
is it actually supposed to be removed?? Granted, this is only on the driver's side of the cab, but I crawled underneath to see if I could push it up where I could reach it and saw that it was actually bolted to the cab of the truck from the bottom

Ford Ranger Doors hard to close IMG_3028

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
is it actually supposed to be removed?? Granted, this is only on the driver's side of the cab, but I crawled underneath to see if I could push it up where I could reach it and saw that it was actually bolted to the cab of the truck from the bottom

IMG_3028.jpg
Hmmm yours on driver's side, mine on passenger side. :clap:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brett

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
work on Mars
maybe the little locking tab/bolt is just there to keep it from flying away during transit and it actually IS supposed to be removed?
Yes, exactly as I stated in my thread, only for shipping

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Yes, exactly as I stated in my thread, only for shipping
So I just have a lazy dealership...awesome...makes me second guess them telling me the seemingly 1inch thick layer of rust coating my driveshaft is normal to be expected

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Got mine Friday and noticed that the door doesn't quite close without a firm slam, and the audible alert will go off. I'll check for that foam. Thanks all.

Ice.candi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor/2005 Dodge Durango
So I just have a lazy dealership...awesome...makes me second guess them telling me the seemingly 1inch thick layer of rust coating my driveshaft is normal to be expected
I'd say rust is not normal. Mine has a few spots...
Ford Ranger Doors hard to close 20240511_123023