• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Engine Fan issue?

LR19_2003

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
For the past few days I noticed the engine cooling fan in my Ranger Raptor is blowing at its max. It sounds like a little vacuum so the noise got my attention. I live in south Texas and it’s been 100 degrees so I’m curious if it’s just standard or something is wrong. If it’s been hot in your area have you noticed your raptors engine fan just stay on?

Raptor1996

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
It's a fan. It's supposed to do that

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
Do you have the A/C on? Most cars kick the fan on automatically when you turn the A/C on - no matter what the coolant temp is.

OP
OP

LR19_2003

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Do you have the A/C on? Most cars kick the fan on automatically when you turn the A/C on - no matter what the coolant temp is.
Yes, A/C was on. I stopped at the Ford dealership and they thought it was normal. I’ve had the Raptor for a month now and the fan had never spun up that loud before. However, this is the first week in Texas where its been over 100 degrees so it was the first time I heard the fan running at its Max speed nonstop.

Raptor1996

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
A variable speed fan is supposed to run at Max Speed all of the time?
When there is no airflow over the radiator how do you expect it to cool down your engine? Oh thats right with a fan
Sponsored