• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Enthusiasm waning.......

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Ordered the RR the day the order banks opened. Super excited then and still believe it will be a great vehicle. Engine woes (valves), unknown timing (UAW/Supply chain) are taking the air out of the room. I waited 15 months for my Shelby in 20 and understand what Covid did to the process. I'm interested in what others are thinking. My daily has 123K on the clock and was looking forward to having an RR for part of Winter and to use as my daily. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor
I'm still being patient. Not worried about the valve issue, it seems to only be affecting a small number of vehicles. I'm also of the belief that all new top trim trucks are going to be hard as hell to get in 2024, so we are waiting either way.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
No offense intended to those who can afford it, but I've noticed from the profiles that a lot of the people who are getting fed up with waiting are folks who appear pretty well off and already have nice vehicles.

(And yes, I would hope someone buying an RR would NOT be someone stretching their finances to the maximum)

But given that, I feel like folks could stand to be happy with what they have for a little while longer - or they can move on to a more obtainable trophy, then maybe come back around to the RR in a year or two if the reviews are favorable.

OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
No offense taken. By no means a Rockefeller or a Bezos' but I want a truck and did my research to land on this vehicle. My goal is to pay for it upon delivery. More deep breathing and Pickleball to deal with my aggression may be what is needed.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Ordered the RR the day the order banks opened. Super excited then and still believe it will be a great vehicle. Engine woes (valves), unknown timing (UAW/Supply chain) are taking the air out of the room. I waited 15 months for my Shelby in 20 and understand what Covid did to the process. I'm interested in what others are thinking. My daily has 123K on the clock and was looking forward to having an RR for part of Winter and to use as my daily. Thoughts?
I'm trying to see this as an opportunity to get a bigger down payment over the next few months. I'm giving myself until January, if by then I don't have it or it hasn't been built yet and I'm still waiting for a date, I'll probably pull the trigger on an AT4X.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I went thru the whole Bronco ordeal, so this is nothing to me.

1) original reservation holder from 2020 with original order made in Jan 2021 for a 2Dr Wildtrak

2)the hard-top circus started in early 2021 with parts constraints thrown in making said Wildtrak the highest constraint model.

3) Oct 2021 rolls around and I convert my order to a 2Dr non-Sasquatch Badlands. Hard-top circus is still going strong and the 2Dr's are still taking the brunt of the parts constraints (I didn't want a 4Dr Bronco).

4) 2022 starts and the non-NA G6 Ranger is revealed and the RRaptor catches my attention and I thought "if it comes to NA, this is the one vehicle that would pull me away from a Bronco". Shortly after, it was confirmed for NA and I was like 'Alright, you have my attention and if the Bronco isn't built by order conversion to M.Y '23 I'm changing the order to the most basic Bronco I'd own and putting myself on a couple Dealer's list, who are selling at MSRP.

5) Oct '22 rolls around and no Bronco yet. The order gets changed to a Base with 2.7 and Sasquatch package and I request to be put on the RRaptor waiting list. I ended up in a good position at one and a couple years out on the other

6)Jan '23 arrives and Ford puts out information that if you want your Bronco you have to change to 'this' and drop 'that' and so on. I stopped caring at this point and 2 weeks later I got the surprise email that I'd been given a production date mid-April.
Too little too late.

7) Bronco gets built mid-April and is delivered to me first week of June, which is roughly 32 months from when I started the whole ordeal. Sad part is, the Bronco arrived with one of the worst build qualities I've seen, as far as fit, finish and QA double checks I've seen. I spent 3 days going over it fixing and adjusting stuff that should've been done when it was built. It's now better than when it left the factory (it also helps that I'm a former auto-body refinish & repair certified technician).

My interest isn't waning, but being #2 in line with this strike going on kinda stings a bit, but it's nothing to what I've been thru already. The Bronco is paid for and will be sold or traded once the RRaptor shows up.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
Stories about the Bronco debacle like above almost kept me from considering Ford, but I am seeing this as an opportunity to save.

My only concern is getting rolled into a 2025 order if things really don't go well. Considering I tried and failed to order a '23 in February, that might make me change my tune on being patient.

I don't really have a backup plan except to find a reasonable used midsize w/ extended cab + 6ft bed and dump the price difference in my brokerage account.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
No offense intended to those who can afford it, but I've noticed from the profiles that a lot of the people who are getting fed up with waiting are folks who appear pretty well off and already have nice vehicles.

(And yes, I would hope someone buying an RR would NOT be someone stretching their finances to the maximum)

But given that, I feel like folks could stand to be happy with what they have for a little while longer - or they can move on to a more obtainable trophy, then maybe come back around to the RR in a year or two if the reviews are favorable.
I’ve had the same impression. That being said, since they are well off they are probably not used to having to wait

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I'm trying to see this as an opportunity to get a bigger down payment over the next few months. I'm giving myself until January, if by then I don't have it or it hasn't been built yet and I'm still waiting for a date, I'll probably pull the trigger on an AT4X.
I want my truck now but honestly the longer the wait the better it is for me financially. If I have 1/3 of the thing paid off by the time I take it off the lot that’s much better than what I have now. I’ll personally wait until I have it, I don’t need a new car now. The one I have is already 10 years old but it’s running fine.

PNWZ

First Name
Zhaolu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Allroad
First of all, I am thankful that I found this forum that I can share my thoughts and find updates. I had never thought of owning a pickup before the cybertruck. Boy, little did I know the journey Elon Musk took us on. I found out about the 2024 RR this summer, and I thought to myself, this is a truck that as cool and more importantly, They exist! Again, look at where things are going today, I might get the cybertruck after all…

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
First of all, I am thankful that I found this forum that I can share my thoughts and find updates. I had never thought of owning a pickup before the cybertruck. Boy, little did I know the journey Elon Musk took us on. I found out about the 2024 RR this summer, and I thought to myself, this is a truck that as cool and more importantly, They exist! Again, look at where things are going today, I might get the cybertruck after all…
No lie I would hate to see the fit and finish issues on the first model year of those…

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Enthusiasm waning....... I am in that camp. Greedy people on both sides. My dealer told me if they settle anywhere close to what is currently on the table, expect significant price increases. What is Ford's policy / practices for orders already placed? Are we price protected?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
My Thinking? This is 100% out of my control, so spending 0% of my time ruminating on minutiae here. I went through the Maverick experience and eventually got my truck with no stress or regret. Decided I will only check here every couple days since all is frozen due to strike and really nothing to learn or share here now.

Once strike is over my interest will pick up again and back to looking for updates that could affect me, like specifically when other configurations will be available to us in NA. No worries 🤷‍♂️

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
My Thinking? This is 100% out of my control, so spending 0% of my time ruminating on minutiae here. I went through the Maverick experience and eventually got my truck with no stress or regret. Decided I will only check here every couple days since all is frozen due to strike and really nothing to learn or share here now.

Once strike is over my interest will pick up again and back to looking for updates that could affect me, like specifically when other configurations will be available to us in NA. No worries 🤷‍♂️
You raise some very good points. I am personally just a little frustrated. I placed an order prior to production for a Lincoln aviator, and went through significant delays and rebuilds until it was finally delivered. I was hoping to avoid a similar timeline when I ordered a Ranger raptor. Looks like that will not be the case.
Sponsored