• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Enthusiasm waning.......

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
And will it cost more???? Sounds like significant price increases forthcoming.
That's an absolute as whatever is agreed upon eventually is going to raise production costs significantly and it will most definitely be past on to the consumer. I'm expecting a 1000 to 1500 increase by the time ranger raptors actually start being produced and delivered.
Sponsored

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
That's an absolute as whatever is agreed upon eventually is going to raise production costs significantly and it will most definitely be past on to the consumer. I'm expecting a 1000 to 1500 increase by the time ranger raptors actually start being produced and delivered.
I HOPE it is that small of an increase. I would not be surprised if it was $5 to $7K

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Stellantis said that labor makes up about $3000 of the cost of their vehicles. Assuming Ford is similar, their current offer adds $600 while the UAW’s goal of 36% would add $1,080. This is all napkin math, though.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well hopefully you guys used the downtime from the UAW strike to join Mustang Club of America so you can get x-plan pricing. That's what I did, 90 days after joining you are eligible.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Well hopefully you guys used the downtime from the UAW strike to join Mustang Club of America so you can get x-plan pricing. That's what I did, 90 days after joining you are eligible.
I fortunately have X-Plan from my employer already. But it doesn’t apply to Raptors!

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
If we wait long enough, the engineer that deleted the rear vent may have time to add it back into the design.
As an engineer, I can say without a doubt that an engineer didn’t delete it. Accounting did.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Ordered the RR the day the order banks opened. Super excited then and still believe it will be a great vehicle. Engine woes (valves), unknown timing (UAW/Supply chain) are taking the air out of the room. I waited 15 months for my Shelby in 20 and understand what Covid did to the process. I'm interested in what others are thinking. My daily has 123K on the clock and was looking forward to having an RR for part of Winter and to use as my daily. Thoughts?
If you want to give me your allocation let me know! I'll wait as long as it takes!

• Haha
Reactions: Jab
OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Oh, I'm keeping my order and will own one. My dilemma is we ordered two Maverick's for a reason (Long story). We took the first one (My son ended up buying it from me) and the second one is coming up for production. Do I take it (Betting Jan delivery) and wait for the RR whenever it shows or roll the dice and give up the Maverick order? Given how hot the Maverick's have been I'm betting I could own it and when the RR shows up sell it rather quickly. Yes I get that these are first world problems.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Oh, I'm keeping my order and will own one. My dilemma is we ordered two Maverick's for a reason (Long story). We took the first one (My son ended up buying it from me) and the second one is coming up for production. Do I take it (Betting Jan delivery) and wait for the RR whenever it shows or roll the dice and give up the Maverick order? Given how hot the Maverick's have been I'm betting I could own it and when the RR shows up sell it rather quickly. Yes I get that these are first world problems.
Keep the Maverick. Mine is 2 weeks short of 1 years old and kbb and other sites are showing trade in value 2-5 k higher than what I paid OTD. It's just an XL with 2.0 AWD and 4k tow but nothing special. Like the MPG and versatility low cost of ownership while waiting for the dust to settle to start looking mid-size again.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Keep the Maverick. Mine is 2 weeks short of 1 years old and kbb and other sites are showing trade in value 2-5 k higher than what I paid OTD. It's just an XL with 2.0 AWD and 4k tow but nothing special. Like the MPG and versatility low cost of ownership while waiting for the dust to settle to start looking mid-size again.
You getting a RR? The gas price difference would drive me nuts lol

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
You have to be careful. If you didn't bring that up with the dealer initially, they don't all accept x-plan. They could tell you no.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to be careful. If you didn't bring that up with the dealer initially, they don't all accept x-plan. They could tell you no.
Yep I checked with my dealer first. But if a dealer wasn't going to offer you it I'd find another dealer that will (on a normal ranger order).

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
You getting a RR? The gas price difference would drive me nuts lol
no. no need or use for the RR. I'm only interested in base XL Ranger whenever it comes to USA with SCab + 6' bed- and 2WD. Add the locking rear differential and tow package, or alternately Nissan Frontier King Cab S 2WD + add towing package and I'm set replacing the Maverick. Speaking of MPG, the Maverick 2.0 I have specifies 91 Octane for "best overall performance" (not just for towing heavy loads like some people think). I only run non-ethanol Premium in it as a rule which is expensive, but it isn't my daily driver so it can be weeks before I need to top it off each time 🤷‍♂️

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
All I want is a XLT with the 2.7. My guess is I won’t have a VIN until next fall.
Sponsored